Cubby hole under the climate controls

tjsc87

Ight here is my dilema i need to get the cubby hole underneath the climate controls out. my problem is I DONT KNOW HOW and i feel like i should know but can someone inform me on how to get this out it would be greatly appreciated

If my memory serves me correct, there are two holes on either side of the cubby hole. Take a metal coat hanger and cut two sections about 6 or 7 inches long. Fold the sections of wire into a "U" shape and insert them into the holes. Either push them together or pull them apart and the cubby hole should pop out, I think :rolleyes:

bustedbird said:
If my memory serves me correct, there are two holes on either side of the cubby hole. Take a metal coat hanger and cut two sections about 6 or 7 inches long. Fold the sections of wire into a "U" shape and insert them into the holes. Either push them together or pull them apart and the cubby hole should pop out, I think :rolleyes:
or go to your local autoparts store and pick up a universal radio remover, its 2 U shaped metal things that u can bend to fit your application, i have em in my car, just insert them to unlock the clips then push out to either side and pull....that's how i did it

If I recall correctly, the cubby hole has two projections/tabs along the top or bottom and possibly on the sides that need to clear the surrounding dash in order for it to come out. If you use a screwdriver to pry it out you may mar the dash.

J.D. said:
If I recall correctly, the cubby hole has two projections/tabs along the top or bottom and possibly on the sides that need to clear the surrounding dash in order for it to come out. If you use a screwdriver to pry it out you may mar the dash.

Correct. There should be two tabs on the top of the cubby hole. You'll need to gently pry down on the top of the cubby hole, and rotate it downward a little before pulling it straight out.

You don't need any coathangers or radio removal tools for the cubby hole. Those are only necessary for the radio and HVAC control.

-Rod

thanks guys shortly after posting this i went out and got pissed off at it so i looked for anything possible that could have been holding it in and i tunde my head upsidde down (picture me im 6'5" 250 half upside down inside the sc that was funny) and thats when i saw the two tabs on the top so i pulled them down and wala lol

Back