overdrive pulley

tobogganneer

I have recently been reassembling my '91 Supercoupe and i have been looking for an overdrive pulley for the blower. What would be more practical? a 10% or a 5%? I have heard that 10%'s are pretty problematic. Where could i get one, and how much do they usually cost?

I've got 5% jackshaft and 5% blower pullies from Bill at SCP....

I have heard about belt slipage problems with the 10%.....

You will be able to use the stock belt.....

I had to grind the snout support fins to get clearance for my blower pulley....

Exhaust upgrade should be the next project after this is done....

If u have stock exhaust, i wouldn't even think about it, you'll just put more stress on ur head gaskets then what they need. If u have upgraded ur exhaust, then a 5% would be good.. a 10% would be good if u have an upgraded exhaust and a double IC..
Just my opinion....
:)

the-big-e said:
Exhaust upgrade should be the next project after this is done....
like before you turn on the car. i didnt listen and blew gaskets as a result of stock exhaust + pulley. do the exhaust first, it makes a big difference too.

tobogganneer said:
wow, thanks a lot for the info. It is much appreciated.
You can contact Ryan A Harris about jackshaft or SC pulleys. He makes pretty good ones. Go search Group Buy Forum for SCI pulleys!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhaust is a biggie!!!! MUST DO!!! Ported exhaust manifolds with whatever free flowing exhaust combination you prefer!!! Dont put that pulley on without upgrading exhaust. If you do go with a 10 and the stock M-90 and stock intercooler... To much heat (ATC) with turning it 10% and nothing to cool it.... Plus the backpressure of stock exhaust....

1st Exhaust
2nd Pulley w/Snow injection maybe with double IC.... LOL Snow is some cool stuff.... :D :D

Back