PDA

View Full Version : MN12 Performance Polyurethane Rear Bump Stop

Rich Thomson
08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
We have been testing Polyurethane bump stops for the rear upper control arm. Pictured below. The bump stop is designed to prevent the tire from coming into contact with the wheel well. This kit will be a must have if you have installed Wide tires and or lowered the car. The bump stops fit all 1989-1997 Thunderbirds/Cougars. Installs in existing hole located in upper control arm. No modifications needed to install. This part is still under design and testing so no pricing has been set. Once testing is completed we will repost availability and pricing. Questions e-mail us at richt@mn12performance.com

Rich

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/bumpstop/bump-stop-pic3.JPG

racecougar
08-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Great idea. Once you're done testing/designing them, I'll probably be interested in a pair.

-Rod

Rich Thomson
08-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Some data so far.

The stock suspension travel is 4.85". Rebound suspension travel is limited by the shock. Gap between the top of the tire and the rear fender is about 4.85" as already identified. So to prevent the suspension from compressing to the point of contacting the wider tire the bump stop shortens the travel of the upper control arm by .330". This measurement was done on the car. With the bump stop installed we have reduced the suspension travel to 4.52". Up next is loading the trunk with weight to test the bump stop on the road.

Rich

SCrazy
08-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Rich:

One of my cars ('89 5-speed) has bump stops located bottom of the upper spring mount. It appears this piece was discontinued in later years since my '94 does not have them

racecougar
08-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Rich:

One of my cars ('89 5-speed) has bump stops located bottom of the upper spring mount. It appears this piece was discontinued in later years since my '94 does not have them

All 89-91 MN12's had the factory bumpstops in that location. 92-97 MN12's didn't come with those.

You can see the factory bumpstop inside the coil spring in the attached picture.

-Rod

victor malvar
11-05-2005, 05:08 AM
I think you completed this? I'll check, otherwise. I sure could use a set. Rich
Thanks for all your how too/s and everything you have brought to us all throughout the years.You have made a great Impact on us all. We highly regard you! :) ;)

Thank you from us all!!!