No idle on D

FIN_SC

I changed my SC:s IAC valve, and now car runs nice idle on P or N, but when I try to put gear on D (or any drive position) it stalls. If I unplug IAC, engine stalls too (normal, I quess). My car used to run very high idle and made that "honking" sound, so that's why I changed IAC. I bought new valve from local Ford dealer, and its model is Motorcraft CX-1826 (E9SZ-9F715-EA), so that should be right. Any ideas what's wrong?

Here's an idea...

Could be that the EEC needs to go through the "idle re-learn" process. It shouldn't stall out completely when you put it in drive, though. It should just stumble a bit at first until the computer "learns" to read the output of the new IAC with the old TPS. There is a write-up on the board (somewhere) about how to properly adjust the idle... You might want to do a search and see if you can find it. (or, you can try raising the RPM's to around 1K as you shift into drive and see if the EEC can catch up with the new IAC.)

That little computer reset thing fixed my problem. Thanks!

Didn't know that it must be done if I change IAC. I tought that I have broke something while I changed it (noob?)...

I disconnected battery for about 30 mins, started the car and let it idle in P for couple of minutes. Took a test run, and car worked fine.

Back