Quickest/Cheapest way to beat my friends!

LightEMup

Ok here's my delema.....i hang out with a bunch of guys that like to race alot, we make frequent trips to the local track and sometimes road trips to epping.....and we have a few other spots that arent quite legal. anyways, i have the slowest car out of all of them unfortunitly, what's the quickest way to start making them see t-bird tail lights? Or atleast some of them, i think i could eventually get my car to beat the SRT-4, bone stock. But then there's a TT supra putting down 411 HP to the ground, then there's the LS1 camaro that i think i could beat, but word has it he has a supercharger on the way along with a venom 100 shot :( and there's some other cars that i can give a good run, but just can't pass em. So i guess my ultamite question is what would be the most effective mods next? I got manifold back exhaust, magnaflow cats and resenator w/ no muffler, 3" SCP CAI, 94/95 Blower, 255 LPH fuel pump, and in a few days i'll have taylor wires, and a double IC made by Ken Wagner....what's next???

LightEMup said:
Ok here's my delema.....i hang out with a bunch of guys that like to race alot, we make frequent trips to the local track and sometimes road trips to epping.....and we have a few other spots that arent quite legal. anyways, i have the slowest car out of all of them unfortunitly, what's the quickest way to start making them see t-bird tail lights? Or atleast some of them, i think i could eventually get my car to beat the SRT-4, bone stock. But then there's a TT supra putting down 411 HP to the ground, then there's the LS1 camaro that i think i could beat, but word has it he has a supercharger on the way along with a venom 100 shot :( and there's some other cars that i can give a good run, but just can't pass em. So i guess my ultamite question is what would be the most effective mods next? I got manifold back exhaust, magnaflow cats and resenator w/ no muffler, 3" SCP CAI, 94/95 Blower, 255 LPH fuel pump, and in a few days i'll have taylor wires, and a double IC made by Ken Wagner....what's next???

For starters, go talk to XR7Dave about an AR. Definitely not the cheapest, but probably the easiest.

99GSXR750 said:
For starters, go talk to XR7Dave about an AR. Definitely not the cheapest, but probably the easiest.

If you have the $$$, that would be the way to go and bypass a lot of the modding for the M90 setup. If you don't have the $$$, I'd get underdrive pullies, an sc overdrive pulley, ic fan, larger Maf and throttle body. Those won't give you what the AR will, but they will help some.

LightEMup said:
how much would an AR set up be? if it would save me money in the long run then i might go for it!

Contact XR7Dave. I'm sure he'll gladly give you all the details.

Drive to NH, to borrow my nitrous, tuner, wideband set-up, and front mount for a night and they'll be wondering where all the power came from. Nothing like pushing a button and getting an easy 100hp.... :D My car will be down for at least 6 months.

Last edited:
lol you just love to show your engine off :cool:

but, hey who am I kidding?.........I love to look at it :D

Yup

Yeh Nitrous and tune would definately be easiest. If you went the AR way it would take time and some $$$$$$$$$$ Their at things that are needed to help the AR be more effecient when it is put on. However you can also do the Snow Kit and cool those Air temps even more coming out of the double IC. Mayeb even a gear swap...... The wires arent going to give you any more horsepower so dont even count them. Ported Exhaust manifolds???? Pulley???? 75mm TB???? MAF???? :D :D

NCredSC said:
If you have the $$$, that would be the way to go and bypass a lot of the modding for the M90 setup. If you don't have the $$$, I'd get underdrive pullies, an sc overdrive pulley, ic fan, larger Maf and throttle body. Those won't give you what the AR will, but they will help some.

I'll agree with Dave on this one. (not that I really dis-agree with him), but the AR is quite expensive and you have to have a lot of supporting mods to make it work properly.

My advice to you is to keep going the way that you are headed...Get a larger MAF, TB IC fan and a tune. Also you want to get gears...best bang for the buck on a SC...Go with 3.27s if you've got a 5-speed and 3.73s if you've got an auto... Then go for the snow injection kit. It's not cheap, but then you will be set up perfect for the AR. The AR is not a true bolt on. In order to get the performance you are looking for, you need all these other things to go with it. Keep going the way you are going. Right now, it may not seem like enough, but before long you'll be right where you want to be.

use a bat

( this part here is to lenghten the message, said it was too FN short, so heres some drama for the tool that made that rule :rolleyes: )

gears for sure. and go with 3.55s if you have a 5-speed. a lot of people say 3.27, but i just put in 3.55s and its so fun to drive now. (almost wish i went with the 3.73s)

matteo said:
gears for sure. and go with 3.55s if you have a 5-speed. a lot of people say 3.27, but i just put in 3.55s and its so fun to drive now. (almost wish i went with the 3.73s)
gahhh....ive heard 3:55's are a no no with an early model m5r2 3:27's for early model and 3:55 for a 94/95 m5r2, someone correct me if i'm wrong???
soooo basicly, the majority of people thing i should go, gears, underdrives, overdrive the supercharger, bigger TB and MAFS and a tune? sounds good to me, but where could i get a tune? and what all is involved with a tune? what exactly would i be "tuning" not many people around here know jack sheeyot about SC's. Oh, and also, my supercharger could possibly be over driven, not sure though, its it normal for a newer model supercharger to pin the needle on 15 at about 4900 - 5100 with a free flowing exhaust? or does that sound like it already has a smaller pulley?

Since you live close to me, think about maybe getting a tuner and I could possibly help you tune it using my wideband. It also helps that I have all the rear end set-up tools and I've done close to a dozen rear ends if you're interested.......

LightEMup said:
gahhh....ive heard 3:55's are a no no with an early model m5r2 3:27's for early model and 3:55 for a 94/95 m5r2, someone correct me if i'm wrong???
soooo basicly, the majority of people thing i should go, gears, underdrives, overdrive the supercharger, bigger TB and MAFS and a tune? sounds good to me, but where could i get a tune? and what all is involved with a tune? what exactly would i be "tuning" not many people around here know jack sheeyot about SC's. Oh, and also, my supercharger could possibly be over driven, not sure though, its it normal for a newer model supercharger to pin the needle on 15 at about 4900 - 5100 with a free flowing exhaust? or does that sound like it already has a smaller pulley?
i cant speak for everyone, but i love the 3.55s and i have a '92.

as far as modifying the supercharger...what's better? the AR or the new MP III??? i think i'll port the late model supercharger i got, but when i get ready to do the big swap...which one?

LightEMup said:
as far as modifying the supercharger...what's better? the AR or the new MP III??? i think i'll port the late model supercharger i got, but when i get ready to do the big swap...which one?
right now its best to wait.

we gotta see the results of the MPIII .

Back