upcoming events........

BT Motorsports

upcoming events........update 9/10

Well, things sure have been quiet around here lately. Now seems like a good time to start planning upcoming events. Here are my suggestions:
  • September 15-18, 2005, Auto Show In Motion-"showcases the latest GM vehicles alongside vehicles from other manufacturers such as Honda, Ford, Toyota, BMW, Chrysler, Lexus, Dodge Mercedes and more." Bottom line here, test drive these vehicles in the ways the dealer won't let you.
  • September 17, 2005, Pageant of the Thunderbird, Anaheim, California
    32nd Annual Pageant of the Thunderbird hosted by the Earlybirds of Southern California and the FunBirds of Southern California at La Palma Park in Anaheim. Open to all Ford Thunderbirds— original, modified or custom. For questions, contact Chairman Richard Bjorklund (714) 490-0613, for Registration call Joyce Faulkner (714) 828-5228 SCCoSC/TCCoSC joint event?
  • September 30, 2005, Racelegal.com All races take place on the west side parking lot portion of Qualcomm Stadium. Enter the main Qualcomm Stadium gate and follow the signage to the event site. Click here for directions to Qualcomm Stadium. All racers and spectators should enter through the main entrance of Qualcomm Stadium, go left and follow the signage to the front gate.
    - Gate and tech open at 6:00 PM sharp.
    - Racing begins 6:30 PM.
    - Tech closes at 10:30 PM.
    - Racing ends at 12:00 AM.
    Spectators: $5.00 (5 and under - Free)
    Racers: $20.00
  • October 7-9, 2005, SC Shootout, Thunder Valley Raceway Noble OK.
    (I know Shelton is planning on this as well as Mike D. Mandi and myself)
  • October 16, 2005 LACR After Hours Racing (Open To All) - S/E - West Coast Corvette Challenge - SVT - Time Only SCCoSC/TCCoSC joint event?

Thoughts, comments ideas and suggestions welcome.

Paul

Last edited:
one more

Forgot to mention, anyone interested in a meet at
SZ_logo.gif
?
Speedzone is located at:
Los Angeles
17871 Castleton Street
City of Industry, CA 91748
(Hwy 60 between Azusa and Fullerton exits)
888-6-MALIBU

Taken from their website, they offer:

Outdoor Attractions:
Top Eliminator, Grand Prix, Slick Trax and Turbo Track racing.

Speedway Golf, a 36-hole classic miniature golf course built around a racing theme.

Group Events Pavilion for group functions accommodates up to 1,000 people.

Indoor Attractions:

SpeedZone Café and Bar, great food and a full bar.

Electric Alley, a midway featuring more than 100 of the latest racing and other action-oriented simulators, video and redemption games.

A terraced bar and dining area that features nine video monitors and a huge projection television.

A 2,400-square foot (approximately) meeting space for corporate and group functions.

Admission:
Admission into the park is free. Prices start at $3.00 to drive SpeedZone racers. Parking is free at all locations.
http://www.speedzone.com

The 300HP propane powered dragsters sound interesting. Perhaps an early evening event on a weekday so some of us can take advantage of the flat rate racing.
Race-After-Dark.jpg

Unlimited Racing every Sunday through Thursday
from 7:00 PM - Close

Paul

Wow, everyone must be sleeping or something. I was hoping to get some feedback before sending out the mailer, perhaps I should do it the other way around.

Paul

Track time sounds good... Its been a while since we have had any meets. I would TRY and make it on the 27th of this month... :D What track would that be ? for the 27th
Thanks..

SuperCoupe007 said:
Track time sounds good... Its been a while since we have had any meets. I would TRY and make it on the 27th of this month... :D What track would that be ? for the 27th
Thanks..
yes where would it be :D

Everyone should be ready by now....

Well folks, anyone down for any of these suggestions?
If not quite your cup-of-tea, give the guy some ideas...

Paul, perhaps we can set a time and get together with no agenda, just to meet someplace and get the ball rolling? Just an idea.

Well, I just got in from spending the day wrenching on Lee's car. Not quite sure I figured out the problem, but at least its drivable again. If he is up to it (health wise) and the next week of tuning goes well, he expects to make an appearance at Palmdale on the 27th.
RonzSC said:
Paul, perhaps we can set a time and get together with no agenda, just to meet someplace and get the ball rolling? Just an idea.
I don't care that much what we do but people have to show an interest and attend of course. I know Anthony is still on vacation, Kris is working 2 jobs (though if we get something organized and give him enough notice, he will schedule off), Mike Kanterakis moved to the east coast, his brother James is in Greece for 5 weeks and Shelton's car is still under the knife. That still leaves Tinknocker, Andre and Karen, Bill Temple, Val, Mike in San Diego and some of the new guys unaccounted for. I am going to send a mailer out in the next day or two in hopes that many have been to busy to read the boards lately but are still interested in attending some gatherings.
If this keeps up, I may have to start hanging with the forced induction V6 stang guys :eek: :rolleyes:

Paul

Lee, Kris Campos and I will be at Palmdale Sat Aug 27th for the LACR Street Racer Night - After Hours Racing Open To All - Test & Tune. I will post the planned arrival time once LACR gives an update (Mon or Tues).

Paul

P.S. I just added another possible event. GM will be putting on one of their "Auto Show In Motion" events at Qualcomm Stadium in Sept. I have attended a few of these already and they are always a blast. Plan to spend most of day there to make it worth your while. The entire event is free from parking, participation, even lunch.
Event details can be found at the posted link.

I might be able to make Palmdale.

I get into Edwards on Fri. but might be able to get to Palmdale on Sat. depending on my schedual. Don't know if I plan on making any runs but we will see. Either way it would be a good time to meet some of ya.

Pageant of the Thunderbird

According to the entry form we have the Pageant of the Thunderbird is on Saturday, September 17. Andre has been talking about entering but we haven't sent the money yet. It is $30 before September 7 and $35 after. Even if he doesn't enter we will probably go.
K.

Andre Perrault said:
According to the entry form we have the Pageant of the Thunderbird is on Saturday, September 17. Andre has been talking about entering but we haven't sent the money yet. It is $30 before September 7 and $35 after. Even if he doesn't enter we will probably go.
K.
Edit> I just did a quick yahoo search and everything I have seen says Sept 18th. Are you sure your form isn't from last year?

Paul

Last edited:
Entry form

BT Motorsports said:
Karen, I'll update my post to reflect the corrected date. If you have a scan of the entry form, post it up or email it to me and I will post it.

Paul
Paul,
I wasn't thinking this morning and didn't bring the entry form to work so I could scan it. Won't be back until Tuesday and Andre filled out the form last night. Will see if I can find someone over the weekend who has a scanner and Acrobat so I can blank out Andre's information. Otherwise will post on Tuesday.
K.

Better yet, go to this link and get the form direct from FunBirds: http://www.funbirds.com/forms/PageantForm32.pdf

Last edited:
Next Saturday

Well, its official Andre has entered the Pageant of the Thunderbird at La Palma Park next Saturday. Hope to see some of you guys out there.
Thanks,
K.

I am going to see Kris Campos tonight, I'll see if he can make it. If we can get Lee's car back together by then, he may make an appearance. I don't expect to see Mike D. considering how his work schedule has been, considering John's car is still in the midst of getting the little stuff back together, he probably wont make it either (though I will ask anyway). I am supposed to work till noon so I will probably make an appearance afterward. Hopefully others will chime in.

Paul

Back