IC Fan Installation experts

rickbtbird

Hi,
I did a tear down all the way to my intake manifold to isolate a problem, repair some vacuum leaks and a major clean-up. Upon reassembly I installed an IC Fan. I'm looking for the best suggestion where to wire it up. The fan came with a wire kit with a temperature sensor but that seems a bit much. I just want the fan to run after I start the car. The fan itself has two wires. I'm open for suggestion as to how to wire it up without running wires all over the dam place.
Thanks in advance..

Fan wiring

rickbtbird said:
Hi,
I did a tear down all the way to my intake manifold to isolate a problem, repair some vacuum leaks and a major clean-up. Upon reassembly I installed an IC Fan. I'm looking for the best suggestion where to wire it up. The fan came with a wire kit with a temperature sensor but that seems a bit much. I just want the fan to run after I start the car. The fan itself has two wires. I'm open for suggestion as to how to wire it up without running wires all over the dam place.
Thanks in advance..
I would run a wire through an activation solenoid directly to the battery for best service life of the fan,then run a small set of engage wires anywhere on the fuse panel that go hot on engine on,or that matter anywhere under the hood that gets power when key turned on.

Back