PDA

View Full Version : New Magnaport Iii Blower Now Available!

victor malvar
08-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello to all SCCoA fellow members, enthusiasts and Guests, After months of working on this project with Charles from Magnum Powers, the Magnaport III is now available for purchase. This newly improved Magnaport III is designed to give your Super Coupe extra horsepower. The Magnaport III is totally rebuilt with new, larger bearings, new seals and is ported and re-machined. The inlet plenum has also been ported and this plenum will not fit any other blower in the world. It is specially designed to fit the Mag-3 (Magnaport III) and only the Mag-3. The blower has been tested with a 15% and 20% overdrive and showed very impressive numbers. This blower can be considered as a revitalization of the Super Coupe and XR7! This blower is capable of putting out more than 100+ horsepower over the stock Eaton blower. After many hours of discussions, we felt that we should go forth with this awesome project. I am still in the process of testing it further with such things as the Snow kit, bigger cam, very well ported heads, and other modifications, such as injectors, fuel pressure regulator, and of course you need to have a non-restricted exhaust as well as a Magnum Powers intake and 85MM throttle body or the 75mm. We are also going test it with both a front mount intercooler and our specially built double intercooler. For stock applications, we recommend you do not use more than a 5% overdrive. Visit us at this link below.Click here; http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store
Thank you for your support and confidence. It has been a long time coming....!!
Victor.....
www.spinningwheels-sc.com

Toms-SC
08-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Victor;

I don't see it listed on your ebay :confused:

hellakornhaus
08-08-2005, 03:12 PM
What about price? What type of price are we looking at?

Do you have a picture of the MPIII compared to the MPII? I wouldn't mind seeing a difference between the two!

-Kornhaus

Toms-SC
08-08-2005, 03:21 PM
$1445 SCP
$1450 MP
$???? Spinning-wheels SC

turbospeed
08-08-2005, 03:58 PM
the 14xx is with the intake plenum?

btw did the prices of the magnaport i and II went down?

Toms-SC
08-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Yes, thats with the Inlet Plenum

victor malvar
08-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi Scotty and Tom, We will be Listing it shortly, we will show the diffrence between the Mag-3 and the MAg-2 only in picture comparisons. We will also have special promos. Pricing will also be there among other options for those who want to use your Magnaport 11 as a possible core exchange. We will take this as an option if you do not have a stock core. Charles and I have discussed many options we can offer. We have been working on this with Charles for quite sometime. Also We plan to announce some other "Super Coupe" applications that we have also been working on, which will make this "MAG-3 take off. As you would expect it. This is the begining of what we are calling the "SUPER COUPE XR7 REVITALIZATATION PROJECT" This is just one part of the process. We are listing it as soon as we have a few minutes.The Listing where we can give the Member As many options as we can. I've been working pretty hard and so has everyone to help get this out to market. We want to help everyone who would be Interested in obtaining one as easy as possible. We have made many purchases, to help enhance it's potential.This should have come out last night but unfortunatelly I had to go pick up a large shipment of parts. We will get it all out to everyone ASAP.
Thanks for your patience and support.
Victor.....
Click here; http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store

victor malvar
08-08-2005, 04:46 PM
What about price? What type of price are we looking at?

Do you have a picture of the MPIII compared to the MPII? I wouldn't mind seeing a difference between the two!

-Kornhaus

Hi Scotty The comparison in the back of the blowers are in the pictures I believe if not I will place one there. In our store it should be up at any moment. That's it for now! How in the Heck Have you been.........
Were you Working???
the comparison in the store is the 3rd picture....

victor malvar
08-08-2005, 04:49 PM
the 14xx is with the intake plenum?

btw did the prices of the magnaport i and II went down?

Not Necessaraly! They may go up.....

XxSlowpokexX
08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Whats everyones take on this..Very close to teh inlet opening on my ESM DIII blower

Toms-SC
08-08-2005, 05:49 PM
After getting off the phone with Mr.MP I can give the following number.
346 HP @ 15% OD w/ MPII
375 HP @ 15% OD w/MPIII
390 HP @ 20% OD w/MPIII
The test car has full MP Line up including FMIC. Had home-ported heads and mild cam. The most HP increase was seen from 5000 RPM above. The sound ports are NOT welded shut, Bypass valve on the Inlet Plenum remains.

Should have mine ordered in a day or two :)

z90sc
08-08-2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=438285#post438285

Whats everyones take on this..Very close to teh inlet opening on my ESM DIII blower

..is it possible that MP may have learned something from a competitor?
z

Toms-SC
08-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Victor, does your price of 1445 include the core charge? :confused:

darkstar_one
08-08-2005, 05:58 PM
i see.... so.... by the looks of this mabe i shouldnt have spent my money on a late model blower then... nice....

David Neibert
08-08-2005, 06:01 PM
..is it possible that MP may have learned something from a competitor?
z

It looks almost exacty like the custom blowers Magnum Powers made for Coy Miller and Jim Demmit several years ago. I believe those blowers were made before the ESM DIII.

David

J57ltr
08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
The Ported blower by Steig. looks is simular as well.

Jeff

supercatxr7
08-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I bought this off of Jim Demmitt in the spring. The blower at the time was one of two with Coy Miller having the other one. It is on the car and mine has the slits sealed up, but I don't have any real seat time with it yet.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/supercatxr7/DSC07977.jpg

cougarsc
08-08-2005, 06:51 PM
It's similar to the 4th generation Eaton M90's. Too bad you don't get the latest coated rotors.

z90sc
08-08-2005, 07:24 PM
It looks almost exacty like the custom blowers Magnum Powers made for Coy Miller and Jim Demmit several years ago. I believe those blowers were made before the ESM DIII.

David

.....o i c....I've never seen CMs' blower,the first time I saw that style of porting was on the ESM......sorry.Looks like I'm gonna' have to "move up" again.

victor malvar
08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Victor, does your price of 1445 include the core charge? :confused:

Hi,I would prefer answering many questions by email or phone.I will need a core...But I made some prior arrangements during this process to be able to give everyone an easier way to buy this blower. The price is $1445.00 at this time.The price may go up to $1445.00 at the most. I understood $1450.00 was the set price but I have been told by many that it is being listed for $1445.00,so I am matching that price. I have spoken to quite a few members for the last few months and they know that I have been working on the Mag III's debut. They know I have been working on this for a good while....close to a year. Some are advertizing the Mag-3 as if they built it themselves. I will give any customers a good,fair deal. Charles built this blower and I have been marketing it to many of the members in the past couple of months. We have our own special way of doing things that are unique to our store and policies. You can read about our policies in our store.There is no waiting period for these blowers and if you wish to purchase it now, it would be no longer than 7-10 days. Please email or call us and we can discuss different options. Use the link and you are already ahead of the game.
Thanks Tom,for your input and questions. Give me a call 352-732-5013 or email me at; Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net.

Best regards,
Victor
PS To make things clear, This blower was manufactured by Charles Warner of Magnum Powers LLC.

LightEMup
08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
what would give you better performance gains? an AR? or a MP III???

mcate
08-08-2005, 07:49 PM
.....o i c....I've never seen CMs' blower,the first time I saw that style of porting was on the ESM......sorry.Looks like I'm gonna' have to "move up" again.

I'm holding out for the Magnaport IV!

XR7 Dave
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
There is no question that the AR will give more performance. No roots blower can match the twin screw. If you have doubts just take a side trip to any of the Lightning or Cobra boards.

The MPIII will provide nice gains to anyone who is looking for that stock look but if anyone thinks that it will keep up with a larger displacement twin screw... well.... :)

I'd like a little more data on the "test car" because to be getting 345rwhp from an MPII at only 10% OD is extremely optimistic and certainly isn't typical.

SilverCasket
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
I'd like a little more data on the "test car" because to be getting 345rwhp from an MPII at only 10% OD is extremely optimistic and certainly isn't typical.

Well, .... We know it's possible. ;)

Anthony

8ate8
08-08-2005, 10:05 PM
There is no question that the AR will give more performance. No roots blower can match the twin screw. If you have doubts just take a side trip to any of the Lightning or Cobra boards.

Which is why I'm STILL WAITING ON MINE!!! :D :D :D Hey dave, what's the latest? You told us end of July.

Randy N Connie
08-08-2005, 10:56 PM
Looks like a Manny designed blower to me :)

Randy

victor malvar
08-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Hello, We are offering some special promotional Incentives to the first 5 to place an order on the Mag-3 we have done some priliminary work to enable us to offer this promotion. you must contact us to be able to discuss your options. This MAG-3 is exeptional and we feel we can provide you with the best possible deal. We are staying within the parameters set by Magnum Powers.
Thank you!
Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
352-732-5013
Ask for Me. :rolleyes:
Victor.....

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Just wanted to add a comment here:

If your considering the MP III, deal with Victor on this one. Great guy to deal with. :)

Micahdogg
08-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Was this the next gen M90 that was supposed to be released in November 2004, then got scrapped because the L blowers weren't selling so hot, but is now a go? Just wondering exactly where this guy falls in the mix.

Micah

victor malvar
08-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Just wanted to add a comment here:

If your considering the MP III, deal with Victor on this one. Great guy to deal with. :)

Thanks so Much....
Victor

BirdofPrey97
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Looking at purchasing 5 for sure possibly 10 of these.

Have to get the SC club in IA, WI, MN, and NE rolling again. Please PM with pricing quotes to 55318.

Thanks,

Todd

victor malvar
08-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Looking at purchasing 5 for sure possibly 10 of these.

Have to get the SC club in IA, WI, MN, and NE rolling again. Please PM with pricing quotes to 55318.

Thanks,

Todd

I'm Sending you a PM
Shortly.

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Just finished ordering mine through Victor :) Dyno within three weeks.

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 03:55 PM
:) Just finished my order through Victor, like I said above, you want to order through Victor on this one and not the other vendors. Victor has these units ready to ship and his core charge is the best. Vendor X has no core and the units are not ready to ship. Victor's communication skills are excellent, we have been chatting for about 4 hours now. He anwsered all of my questions and requests up until I placed the order. Thank you Victor, I look forward to my new supercharger. I will be suggesting you to all of my SC friends. :)

SilverCasket
08-09-2005, 04:03 PM
I've got one now & am waiting to do a dyno day between the Stock setup, MPII & MPIII on an all out built motor. ... I'm sure it's no whipple, but for the MP guys, it could tell what kind of reall differences it can & does make.

Anthony

XR7 Dave
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I've got one now & am waiting to do a dyno day between the Stock setup, MPII & MPIII on an all out built motor. ... I'm sure it's no whipple, but for the MP guys, it could tell what kind of reall differences it can & does make.

Anthony

Huh? :confused:

Slysc
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=Toms-SC]After getting off the phone with Mr.MP I can give the following number.
346 HP @ 15% OD w/ MPII
375 HP @ 15% OD w/MPIII
390 HP @ 20% OD w/MPIII
The test car has full MP Line up including FMIC. Had home-ported heads and mild cam. The most HP increase was seen from 5000 RPM above. The sound ports are NOT welded shut, Bypass valve on the Inlet Plenum remains.

What was the difference in boost between the MPII and MPIII with the 15% OD?

tim
08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Dan quit fooling around and put on the turbo!! :eek:

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 04:32 PM
SlySC: I would not know, you should contact Mr.MP directly with any questions. :)

victor malvar
08-09-2005, 06:13 PM
:) Just finished my order through Victor, like I said above, you want to order through Victor on this one and not the other vendors. Victor has these units ready to ship and his core charge is the best. Vendor X has no core and the units are not ready to ship. Victor's communication skills are excellent, we have been chatting for about 4 hours now. He anwsered all of my questions and requests up until I placed the order. Thank you Victor, I look forward to my new supercharger. I will be suggesting you to all of my SC friends. :)

Hi Thomas, Had a real nice time working with you. Diane and I appreciate these very nice comments you have made. Please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. If I can help you Bolt that MAG-3 on for you! I would!!!
Your a top Notch Indididual. Thank you!
Victor..........
352-732-5013
www.spinningwheels-sc.com

tim
08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
A.R.!! That is still an m90, have you guys been paying attention??

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Yea here let me just reach into my wallet for $3000 :rolleyes:

Jason Wild
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I dont think we need to call him MR.MP.
I will take an AR over this any day after going for a ride in one and seeing how nice of a set up it is.

Jake
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I don't think this needs to turn into a MP vs AR thread. I look at both blowers as performance parts for a car that gets very little attention in the aftermarket area. We should all be thankful for new or modified parts being made for our cars regardless of who's making them :) .

92strokedbird
08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
What are the air temperature readings on the Mag III at the overdrives listed.Just for referance.

Jason Wild
08-09-2005, 10:18 PM
well it's going to happen how ever you go about it people will want to know how this is better then this other blower.
it's just the way it is.

XR7 Dave
08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
A lot of that information is just not yet available. If there is any AR vrs. MPIII to be decided it will be decided at the SC Shootout. Let the fun begin. :D

Seriously, Charles and I are both doing our best to provide quality products for the SC community. We are both fully aware of what the other is doing and how it impacts the other. There are very real reasons why one or the other is right for you. If side by side data is released on the different blowers it will be the first time in SC history that anything of the sort has ever been done. Think on that for awhile. :)

XxSlowpokexX
08-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Dave N.,

Not really sure when Coy had his custom blower made or how it compares to the ESM D III. All I can say is the shape is very similiar and I have had mine going on about 4 years now I think and it had been around some time before then..Way before the MP epoxied on blower upgrade and way way before the new MPII casting.

This was by far not an AR vrs Roots blower post or contest. They both have thier pros and cons. Personally if I were to use a roots I would want a larger displacement unit then just an M90. I was just curious as to what everyone was thinking about as far as the MPIII was concerned. Its a proven design that many havnt had the opportunity to work with. Be nice to see the reliability of an Eaton with some decent power. Maybe not AR power but better then what we have afforded to us now. Hey Price is an issue. If its half the price of AR it will be a viable solution for many

Of course I wouldnt bother with a puny 1.7 liter autorotor either...But that isnt what the post is about:O)

Grims95SC
08-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Who cares if its not as powerful as the Autorotor? Its a very good cheaper but still (I'm sure) potent alternative. And the more goodies that're available for our cars, the better. I just wish I had the $ for it.

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Take this and swap in a set of M112 rotors :p I'm pretty excited to say the least.

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
This MP 111 blower

Me and Coy Miller had Charley at MP build us this same blower two Years ago you have to at least have 20% overdrive to spin it fast to get the most of it. mine with 15% Cogged pulley got 17.5lbs of boost my Dads home ported M-90 with coated rotters get's 19.5lbs of boost there was only two ever made in 2003 it was a high dollar blower $3,000 mine was sold to a TCCoA member dont know if he ran it yet. the slits where sealed up my father told Charley to do this for better pressure. my Father learned a lot from Sitro Blowers and Mooneyham mine now has the slits sealed my Dad ported and modified the plenum the MP was ok back than but my Dads blower is a beast works nice

XR7 Dave
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Not really sure when Coy had his custom blower made or how it compares to the ESM D III. All I can say is the shape is very similiar and I have had mine going on about 4 years now I think and it had been around some time before then..Way before the MP epoxied on blower upgrade and way way before the new MPII casting.
Well, I think you make way too much noise about the ESM blower. It is really nothing other than a copy of a gen IV eaton in the first place. Perhaps you've never seen this?

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/images/mp90draw.jpg

Or did Eaton copy ESM too? :confused:

Toms-SC
08-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Easy boys...

XxSlowpokexX
08-09-2005, 11:51 PM
That outlet surely doesnt look like the DIII however the rotor timing of the inlet is similiar in that it kinda sorta smiles at ya.

However nowhere was I saying anyone was copying anyone...That was first implied by Mr Neibert..And now implied by you. I just stated that it was similiar to my ESM DIII in desighn. And being ESM is a non entity and I am not even using that blower anymore..Tell me....What would I get out of pushing a blower that is no longer produced? Regardless this is once again off track.....

Anyway lets see what this badboy can do...And Victor..Get Charles to make one with m112 rotors in it..Yeahhhhhhh...

XR7 Dave
08-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I don't think it's off track at all. Your first post pointed out that the MPIII looks a lot like the ESM blower. I pointed out that the ESM blower looks a lot like the gen iv eaton. What is the point then? Are you trying to say that the ESM was ahead of it's time or just that it was ahead of MP?

I wouldn't say you are pushing ESM, but due to the fact that ESM doesn't do blowers anymore and there were only 3-4 ever made, why would anyone care what an ESM looks like unless there was some point to be made. It's not like anyone can still buy one. The basic inlet shape is a proven design that was engineered by Eaton. ESM, MP, and anyone else who makes one is merely working off the original Eaton design so what difference does it make if one copy is older or newer than the next? They are all more or less the same.

J57ltr
08-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Not that it matters, I just thought it was interesting.

XR7 Dave
08-10-2005, 12:58 AM
In case anyone still wants to dispute it, here is the Gen 4 superimposed over the MPIII. As you can see the floor is a little lower on the MPIII which I would assume is nothing other than an accomodation of the fact that our M90 case has that hollow in the bottom of it, and then the angle is slightly different at the top of the smiley. Hardly the material of design secrets or flow significant flow advantage.

J57ltr
08-10-2005, 01:04 AM
No dispute, just thought I would post some pics I have.

Micahdogg
08-10-2005, 10:32 AM
FWIW....(boy is it hard to remember)....I think back in fall of 2000 I was looking at a modified inlet that Wade had done while waiting in staging lanes at Gateway. So at least that fall he was working on something, but from his indications there was no working blower at that time. Then it was nearly one full year later (after Mendola ran 12.88) that Chris Wise showed up on the scene and I think he was the owner of that hideous "infamous" yellow D4 blower that you see from time to time. And he was running 12.80's all day long and royally pissing off Mendola :)

Micah

Scott Long
08-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I remember seeing Chris running 12.80's with the yellow blower that one evening we had the meet at Gateway. Who has his yellow blower now?

David Neibert
08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
FWIW....(boy is it hard to remember)....I think back in fall of 2000 I was looking at a modified inlet that Wade had done while waiting in staging lanes at Gateway. So at least that fall he was working on something, but from his indications there was no working blower at that time. Then it was nearly one full year later (after Mendola ran 12.88) that Chris Wise showed up on the scene and I think he was the owner of that hideous "infamous" yellow D4 blower that you see from time to time. And he was running 12.80's all day long and royally pissing off Mendola :)

Micah

Wise had a modified early style (Dominion 1 like my first blower) and later replaced it with a modified late style (Dominion 2). It did have a little bit of a smiley face opening, but the MP inlet plenum worked with only minor mods (two small welds to fill a gap). He never had an ESM D3.

David

Micahdogg
08-10-2005, 12:53 PM
So much for that. All this "D" talk is overrated anyway.

Micah

XxSlowpokexX
08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
My DIII actually uses a modifies MP inlet that had a lil welding done to it. Regardless..Why talk about SC's...Being they no longer make them right? That fact is irrelevant that they no longer make the DIII.

To date CHarles Warner is the only one to invest money into producing basically new blower casting for our cars and still continues to do so. Granted it uses the factory rotor pack (which I hear can be rebuilt nowadays by someone) but he still invests the time/money to bring these products to a community of enthusiasts for a no longer produced car. Of course I give credit where credit is due. You have retrofitted an A/R to the SC, Paul had modified and retrofitted an m112 to the SC, ESM at the time modified blowers to an extend that others have followed. They also had created a twin screw setup for GD with an Air/Water IC setup internal. I bought the 2.2 A/R setup from Mendola but have totally reengineered it with the help of a fellow SCCOA member to be what I concider the ultimate in Blower power for the SC. Look for a new tuned runner manifold for that badboy. Of course that is a one off and will never be reproduced by me at least. ]]

I'm sure there had been much testing involved before decieding to put these kits on the market(The AR and MPIII). Just as there have bene fitment issues and tuning issues with the AR kits Im sure there will be things happening with the MP camp as well. I do however expect fitment to not be aq problem with the MP unit.

I personally dont expect power numbers to be equal to that of an A/R however I do expect a direct fit/high quality peice that will be an alternative at probably half price the A/R kit.

Well I see this post is going nowher however it will be interesting if we ever get all the blowers at a track at the same time to see what comes out on top:O)

Toms-SC
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey David N,

You order your MPIII yet? :p :)

darkstar_one
08-11-2005, 05:48 PM
so which would be better.. this or the AR kit... in the long run....

Toms-SC
08-11-2005, 05:49 PM
A stock M90, du'h :eek:

Ira R.
08-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Now that depends entirely on the application you have in mind ;)

ira

David Neibert
08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey David N,

You order your MPIII yet? :p :)

It's been on my car for about a month already. Waiting on a new cam, alky injection system and a tune to see what it can do.

David

Toms-SC
08-11-2005, 07:02 PM
It's been on my car for about a month already. Waiting on a new cam, alky injection system and a tune to see what it can do.

David

Cheater, its only been released to the public for a short time now! :p What OD % you running it at?

David Neibert
08-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Cheater, its only been released to the public for a short time now! :p What OD % you running it at?

I am one of the people who are testing it for MP. I'm currently overdriving it about 24%. I think the 240/240 cam I'm using has too much overlap and seems to be blowing a big portion of the intake charge right out the exhaust pipes.

David

Toms-SC
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
What OD % would you suggest for a street car with stock heads/cam? I've currently got a 7% Blower Pulley

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-11-2005, 09:34 PM
I am one of the people who are testing it for MP. I'm currently overdriving it about 24%. I think the 240/240 cam I'm using has too much overlap and seems to be blowing a big portion of the intake charge right out the exhaust pipes.

David

We tested it back in 2003 you do need at least 24% overdrive or more to get the most from it. Mine built by Charley back in 2003 is the same one he builds now he told us back than you need to spin it faster but we only had 15% overdrive cogged pulleys. Coy was to make us 25% overdrive but he did his own from my Dads ideas he told him. MP builds nice stuff Charley helped us out a lot on the MP 111 back in 2003 when only Coy and me had it. we could only run 12.091et so my Dad ported his own M-90 it did the trick at 19.5lbs of boost at 15% overdrive the MP111 would only get 17.5lbs at 15% overdrive.I think if I go 25% over with my Dads M-90 it may get 20.5lbs might take pictures of his blower it amazing how he could get power from stock stuff by porting and tuning

Back in 2003 the MP111 cost about $3100.00 with only two ever built me and Coy had them glad with time he built more at a lot less price

David Neibert
08-11-2005, 10:37 PM
Jim,

Did you have coated or bare rotors in the supercharger that MP built for you ?

David

David Neibert
08-11-2005, 10:42 PM
What OD % would you suggest for a street car with stock heads/cam? I've currently got a 7% Blower Pulley

Tom,

Whatever it takes to make around 14 lbs of boost at 5000 rpms. Try what you've got and overdrive it more from the jackshaft pulley if it's not enough.

David

68COUGAR
08-11-2005, 10:45 PM
hideous "infamous" yellow D4 blower that you see from time to time.
So there were two D4 blowers. One yellow & one black. OR was the yellow one powder coated black?

Curious 68COUGAR

supercatxr7
08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Jim,

Did you have coated or bare rotors in the supercharger that MP built for you ?

David

I own that blower now, rotors are bare from what I remember.

mark

David Neibert
08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
I own that blower now, rotors are bare from what I remember.

mark

Thanks Mark...so how does that blower feel on your car ?

David

Toms-SC
08-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Jim you are incorrect about the blowers being the same.Your sound ports are welded off, the MPIII's are still open.

supercatxr7
08-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Thanks Mark...so how does that blower feel on your car ?

David

Not sure yet as I have not run it with an intercooler. I have also added Randy Baker manifold and plenum as well as 50lb injectors at the same time. Without the intercooler it would hit 17lbs of boost pretty much instantly.

The new Spearco Air/Liquid Intercooler, Fluidyne Heat Exchanger, and tubes are in now, but I need to finish up the reservoir and mount the intercooler pump. Hopefully next week or so.

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 12:36 AM
Hello All,
The two custom built blowers I built for Coy and Jim back in 2003 were pre-runners to the MagnaPortIII (Mag3). You can’t see it from the outside but internally the intake ports are slightly different. The Mag3 porting was developed on our supercharger tester, which is a machine that spins the supercharger and measures airflow. As it turns out moving the “wings” up or down just a 1/8 of an inch makes quite a bit of difference in airflow. The Mag3 exit port is longer then the early prototypes as well.

Compared to the MagnaPortII the Mag3 porting improves volumetric efficiency from about 8,000 rpm and up so you can spin the Mag3 faster and move more air at lower temperatures.

So far dyno results have been exciting. The SC with the most testing has an engine with mildly ported heads and a very short 206/206 duration mild cam with .512” lift and 114 degrees lob separation. This SC has all MP bolt ons including the FMIC, MPII and 85mm TB and made 346 rwhp (SAE) @ 5,000 rpm on 92 octane pump gas with a warm engine running 15% blower overdrive on a Mustang dyno. A couple of years back Dave H made 375rwhp with a MPII so the 346 is a good number but not the best out there. When the MPII was swapped for the MP3 with no other changes power went to 375rwhp @ 5,000 rpm and torque was 440 rwtq. Both MPII and MPIII pulls started off at the same HP but the MPIII began making more power above 2,800 and kept gaining as RPM climbed ending the pull making 30 more hp. When blower overdrive was increased to 20% the HP curve remained the same shape but just moved up 17 HP across the entire RPM band making 469 rwtq and 390 rwhp a gain of 54 hp over the MPII. So far we see no sign of the blower fading at the top end so it appears more power is in store with a higher reving engine or increased overdrive ratio. I will be manufacturing a 10% overdrive crank pulley that should be available in a couple of weeks for those who want to help blaze the trail to the future.

Charles

turbospeed
08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
would it be too hard to make a dyno run using astock heads/cam SC?

it would give us a better idea stock/MPII/MPIII/AR performance

92strokedbird
08-12-2005, 06:23 AM
Charles,do you have any data on air charge temperature at said boost levels.Just want to get an idea of the heat produced vs power.

Micahdogg
08-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Charles...did you do any testing for a 2 cycle blower (aside from the ones made for Coy and Jim). Just wondering if they are still being considered or not.

Micah

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Charles...did you do any testing for a 2 cycle blower (aside from the ones made for Coy and Jim). Just wondering if they are still being considered or not.

Micah

Even with 15-20% overdrive we are only spinning the blowers with about a 3 to 1 ratio, it does not appear the 2 cycle design helps much until the overdrive ratio is more like 4 to 1 at which point we would be making so much boost we could never keep the heads on so I am not pursuing it now.

Also, unfortunately the air charge temperature was not data logged during the dyno run however other data shows exit air temperatures are reduced as volumetric efficiency increases so I believe the MP3 air charge temperature is quite a bit lower then the MPII.

Charles

sizemoremk
08-12-2005, 12:11 PM
would it be too hard to make a dyno run using astock heads/cam SC?

it would give us a better idea stock/MPII/MPIII/AR performance

I agree! This would be a great way to show the differences!

Randy N Connie
08-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I have stock m90 number,MPII numbers I just need a MAGIII
To test and I am ready ,Charles send me one polished.And I
have a A/R, to test. With stock long block with all the
bolt-ons.

RANDY rbpertek@csuol.com me

SilverCasket
08-12-2005, 01:14 PM
lol... And No Trans!

@

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 02:49 PM
bolt-ons.

Hi Randy,
I don't have the MP website updated yet but you can order one from any of our vendors. SCP is on vacation but Vic at Spinning Wheels is manding all stations.

Charles

Micahdogg
08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
Randy, go to Steig's some night with Dave and then you can both get numbers. You guys should be able to handle a blower swap in 20 minutes or so.

Micah

Toms-SC
08-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Charles;

Any chance of getting an actual dyno sheet posted or am I going to have to wait till I get my MAG 3 installed & dyno'ed? :)

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Charles;

Any chance of getting an actual dyno sheet posted or am I going to have to wait till I get my MAG 3 installed & dyno'ed? :)

Hey Tom, your Mag3 and Plenum are in a box waiting for UPS to arrive!

See the icon below. Remember, this Mustang dyno has been checked against two DynoJets in our area and was measured to read 3% low.

Charles

Randy N Connie
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Hi Randy,
I don't have the MP website updated yet but you can order one from any of our vendors. SCP is on vacation but Vic at Spinning Wheels is manding all stations.

Charles

Charles Victor dos not like honest people so he will not sell to me.

Silver I have a brand new Lentech on the way and the old 950 mile
one on its way back to be rebuilt.Should be there monday.I now
know to keep two trans on hand. :p

Randy

Toms-SC
08-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Hey Tom, your Mag3 and Plenum are in a box waiting for UPS to arrive!

Charles

:eek: I can't wait
Thanks for the dyno run post, hopefully this will help anwser some questions concerning the MAG 3.

Toms-SC
08-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Charles Victor dos not like honest people so he will not sell to me.

I hope your kidding

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
bolt-ons.

Hi Randy,
We talked on the phone yesterday but when I replied to your post I did not realize it was you. I am sure you are kidding about Vic; sorry I did not recognize it was you. Anyway give me a call and we can set it up.

Charles

Randy N Connie
08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Randy,
We talked on the phone yesterday but when I replied to your post I did not realize it was you. I am sure you are kidding about Vic; sorry I did not recognize it was you. Anyway give me a call and we can set it up.

Charles

Ok the money will go out today.The core will be shipped Monday.
And don't forget to put a spit shine on the blower and plenum.:)

Thanks Randy

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok the money will go out today.The core will be shipped Monday.
And don't forget to put a spit shine on the blower and plenum.:)

Thanks Randy

Thanks Randy for the order, got the funds already!!! And don't worry you will have to wear sun glasses to look at that thing. :cool:

Cheers,
Charles

Jim Demmitt Jr
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Charles

(MP 3 is the best blower on the market)!
Me and my Dad appreciated all his efforts in building a trick blower back in 2003 amazing work. I might get a new MP3 if I can get BDS to make me a 25% over Cogged pulley right now stuck at 15% overdrive. Charles my Dad thought so much of your work thank you

ThunderDave
08-12-2005, 07:31 PM
That doesn't sound like Victor. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with you on that. I'm honest and I've done a lot of business with Victor. He's a good guy and runs a good company.

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 07:41 PM
That doesn't sound like Victor. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with you on that. I'm honest and I've done a lot of business with Victor. He's a good guy and runs a good company.

I think Randy was just jurking my chain because I was just talking to Randy yesterday on the phone and he told me he wanted to purchase one. But I sent him off to a dealer of mine this morning on the BB after speaking with him on the phone yesterday not even looking at his login that is his name, I guess I was kind of brain dead this morning. :o

Charles

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Charles

(MP 3 is the best blower on the market)!
Me and my Dad appreciated all his efforts in building a trick blower back in 2003 amazing work. I might get a new MP3 if I can get BDS to make me a 25% over Cogged pulley right now stuck at 15% overdrive. Charles my Dad thought so much of your work thank you

Thanks Jim for the complement!!! I never met your dad in person but spoke with him quite often on the phone and really grew to like him. Your dad had a real talent for making engines run hard and could have taken the ¼ mile time much lower if he had been given more time. I was just amazed how fast he was running given he had a stock intercooler; I tried but could never get him to spill the beans on his secret. Anyway thanks again Jim and give me a call sometime if you like. 503 357 5444

Charles

Toms-SC
08-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Is there any advantage to sealing off the sound ports?

Magnum Powers
08-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Is there any advantage to sealing off the sound ports?

Only to allow increased intake and exit port timing for very high speed operation however additional timing is not necessary until spinning the charger much faster then we are. Port timing greater then the Mag3 reduces volumetric efficiency at the RPM's we are spinning the charger. Blocking the sound ports does increase that Roots whine which is cool but it does get on your nerves after a while.

Charles

Toms-SC
08-13-2005, 01:37 AM
Heres another one for you Charles,

Besides the downside of being pretty expensive, do you see any fesability in swapping in a set of M112 rotors into a M90 case such as the mutant blowers ZZ Performance offered for the GTP crew?

lube70
08-13-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, got off the phone with Victor last night about the MAG III and other options. We talked in length about the newest blower and cooler options. I suggest that ANYONE wishing to go fast for a somewhat cheap cost, look into the MAGNAPORT III.

Again, thanks Victor for the info and will be talking to you soon!!!

Don

President: NJTACC

Magnum Powers
08-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Heres another one for you Charles,

Besides the downside of being pretty expensive, do you see any fesability in swapping in a set of M112 rotors into a M90 case such as the mutant blowers ZZ Performance offered for the GTP crew?

Tom, I have thought about that a bit but the idea does not seem very practical to me for a couple of reasons. First the M112 rotors are 1 ½ inches longer which would require extending the gear box forward and that would interfere with the thermostat housing so the lower manifold would require modification or the supercharger would need to be raised which would interfer with the stock hood. Second, the whole idea behind the Mag3 is to improve volumetric efficiency at high rpm allowing the blower to be spun harder thereby increasing its airflow capabilities. With a properly prepared engine we should be, with the Mag3, well into the 400’s and we can keep increasing the blower overdrive ratio for more power. It is yet to be discovered how far it can be taken but that is part of fun of a new product. I will have a 10% overdrive crank pulley in two or three weeks that will allow us to spin that puppy a little harder to see what happens.

Charles

sizemoremk
08-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey guy, the new blower look sreal sharp!!!

I have some question about the voumetric efficiency of the new MPIII.

Can you explain how you tested and measured this?

Do you have some kind of numbers to show about this, that could put this in perspective?

Thank you!

victor malvar
08-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Don,

It Good Talking to you too. We will have a few select Double Intercoolers coming our real soon. As well as a few things many have been looking for for quite sometime. I'm sure we a will be scrutinized at first but once a few people try our new packake, Or I should say "If Mikey Likes it" then is O.K. :p :) It will make alot of people real happy. The MAG-111 is doing just fine. It's a good Blower for the price, It will make you go fast!!! Especially with some select mods. Also delivery is pretty quick.Yes we need a core, We are prepared to take the stock cores or the Magnaport 11 with plenum, as long as it's rebuildable. Otherwise it would be cosidered scrap metal. If no one has a Core well we have that covered as well. I really look forward to Carlisle next year, Diane is comming along with the me. This
MAG-3
plus few other thing we have coming out.We are calling it the SC and XR7 Revitalization progam! Because it will revitalize our cars for sure. I hope to have some news for the community real soon. Thanks alot for the Plug. I mean the nice words... I haven't heard from Joe in Awhile. Talk with you soon. I'll have your Mag-3 ready to go and the other things also, Tell all guy's and Girls ;) I said Hello! Take Care Don!
All Our Best to you and the NJTACC I said HI! ,
Victor and Diane
www.spinninwheels-sc.com

Magnum Powers
08-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey guy, the new blower look sreal sharp!!!

I have some question about the voumetric efficiency of the new MPIII.

Can you explain how you tested and measured this?

Do you have some kind of numbers to show about this, that could put this in perspective?

Thank you!

The Mag3 is about 87% @ 18000 rpm. We used Hydrodynamic Finite Element Software in the development of our supercharger cases and a supercharger dyno that is basically a flow bench in reverse.

Charles

Jake
08-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks Jim for the complement!!! I never met your dad in person but spoke with him quite often on the phone and really grew to like him. Your dad had a real talent for making engines run hard and could have taken the ¼ mile time much lower if he had been given more time. I was just amazed how fast he was running given he had a stock intercooler; I tried but could never get him to spill the beans on his secret. Anyway thanks again Jim and give me a call sometime if you like. 503 357 5444

Charles
Charles why did it take so long to get this blower in production? Jim and Coy have had theirs for what FOUR years now? Seems to me like you didn't care to make this blower available to rest of us even after the technology was there.

Toms-SC
08-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Charles why did it take so long to get this blower in production? Jim and Coy have had theirs for what FOUR years now? Seems to me like you didn't care to make this blower available to rest of us even after the technology was there.

What exactly is the point of this question..
All what matters is that its out now.

Magnum Powers
08-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Well, it’s a long story… To make it short I understand how you can see it that way but its one thing to hand make a couple of custom blowers by welding, cutting and grinding and a completely different thing to come out with “Production Quality” parts as typical of MP stuff in low volume and at an affordable price.

Brandon
08-14-2005, 12:11 AM

Mad cause you paid twice as much for an AR? I would be too.

sizemoremk
08-14-2005, 01:50 AM
The Mag3 is about 87% @ 18000 rpm. We used Hydrodynamic Finite Element Software in the development of our supercharger cases and a supercharger dyno that is basically a flow bench in reverse.

Charles

When you say the temperatures are lower, do you have any numbers, say from ACT temps, at particular boost and/or RPMs levels? To compare the stock/mp2/mp3???

Also I don't think the of 87% @18000RPM means much to most of us, without something to compare it to; what is this number on a stock or mag2 blower???

Also, can you explain the relationship of blower VE to air temps?

Thank ya sir!

tim
08-14-2005, 08:25 AM
As I see it the answer to why it took so long to come out with an mp3 is simple. The mp2 was selling ok so why bother? Second I suspect some of the vendors went to Charles and asked for something to compete with the A.R. Now the vendors have what they want and the people that have an mp2 can now spend the $1500 to step up to a mp3. Its just business plain and simple. Its done in other industries all the time, money makes the world go round.

8ate8
08-14-2005, 09:11 AM

I for one am not mad. The MAG3 is going to be a great blower, but I just can't wait to hear that twin screw on my car :)

Jake
08-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm not mad at all. I would be mad tho if I recently bought a magport2 and now there is a mag3. That would piss me off to no end. You claim I payed 2 times the cost of a mag 3 well you're wrong. Does the mag3 come with a custom chip? My AR does. I wonder when the mag4 is coming out?

Brandon
08-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm not mad at all. I would be mad tho if I recently bought a magport2 and now there is a mag3. That would piss me off to no end. You claim I payed 2 times the cost of a mag 3 well you're wrong. Does the mag3 come with a custom chip? My AR does. I wonder when the mag4 is coming out?

Hmm...I have a custom chip too. It surely wasn't $1500 though.

Randy N Connie
08-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I for one am not mad. The MAG3 is going to be a great blower, but I just can't wait to hear that twin screw on my car :)

Wait until a ported A/R is installed .In-which is just around the
corner.

The only reason I bought a MagIII because the A/R is not
allowed to compete against the MagIII at the OK Shootout
in all classes.I beleive if the MagIII is putting out more ..
I seen no reason that the two blowers should not be allowed
to compete aganst each other in all classes.

I am a little mad I had to buy another blower to be able to
race and be competitive.So now I am the proud owner of
over $7500.00 worth of blowers.And this is not counting the
support parts,injectors,tuning,etc .to get my Last MP to
work.Support parts such as chip,tuning,etc come with the
A/R blower.

And because of the rules, and the rules making it cost as much
as if I was semi-pro racing.This will be my last SHOOTOUT
that I will try to attend.

I am not tring to run either product down.But it just cost to much
to build to class and attend a shootout.Its the shootout rules
That I am having a problem with.I don't expect to win a race,
but I do not expect to be beat half the track distance.

Thanks Randy

David Neibert
08-14-2005, 01:14 PM
Wait until a ported A/R is installed .In-which is just around the
corner.

The only reason I bought a MagIII because the A/R is not
allowed to compete against the MagIII at the OK Shootout
in all classes.I beleive if the MagIII is putting out more ..
I seen no reason that the two blowers should not be allowed
to compete aganst each other in all classes.

I am a little mad I had to buy another blower to be able to
race and be competitive.So now I am the proud owner of
over $7500.00 worth of blowers.And this is not counting the
support parts,injectors,tuning,etc .to get my Last MP to
work.Support parts such as chip,tuning,etc come with the
A/R blower.

And because of the rules, and the rules making it cost as much
as if I was semi-pro racing.This will be my last SHOOTOUT
that I will try to attend.

I am not tring to run either product down.But it just cost to much
to build to class and attend a shootout.Its the shootout rules
That I am having a problem with.I don't expect to win a race,
but I do not expect to be beat half the track distance.

Thanks Randy

1) Street Stock

Engine. Stock longblock (including block, cam, rotating assembly and heads). No internal modifications, stock rebuilds only. M90 supercharger only. No nitrous, alcohol, propane, or any other injection. All other external bolt ons allowed.

Body. Car must be or appear to be a factory supercharged MN12. Body kits are allowed. All factory glass and body panels must be present.

Tires. DOT radial tires only.

Interior: Full interior required. Custom components allowed but all panels/components must be present.

Suspension. Stock style U/L control arm, fully independent 4 wheel suspension design. Upgrades and modifications allowed.

Index. None

2) Modified Level 1

Engine. 3.8L based Ford V6, internal mods allowed, ported heads allowed. CNC ported and/or welded exhaust ports NOT allowed. M90 supercharger only. No nitrous allowed. Alcohol injection allowed.

Body. Same as stock class.

Tires. All DOT tires allowed.

Suspension. Same as stock

Interior. Same as stock

Index: 13.299 Bumps to Modified Level 2

3) Modified Level 2

Engine. Must be 3.8L based Ford V6. Any form of forced induction allowed.
Nitrous allowed. Additives allowed.

Body. Any MN12 body allowed.

Tires. Unrestricted.

Suspension. Same as stock

Interior. Must meet NHRA/IHRA safety rules.

Index: 12.499 Bumps to Pro Street

4) Pro Street

Engine. 3.8/4.2L based Ford V6 engine.

Body. Any MN12 body allowed.

Tires. Unrestricted

Suspension. Unrestricted.

Interior. Must meet NHRA/IHRA safety rules.

Index. None. Limited to 8 entries. Bumps to ET Bracket.

5) Outlaw V8

MN12 body.

Otherwise unrestricted.

6) Bracket ET

Any car which qualifies for one of the above listed classes. Buy backs $10
1st round, $20 second round. Competition in heads up and brackets by same
car/driver allowed.

Randy,

As you can see from the rules I pasted above the Mod level #1 class is the only one that your car may have qualified for if the AR was allowed. Since a 13.299 bumps you into mod level #2 the car would be too quick with the AR anyway. So if your running quicker than a 13.299 your going to be competing against the AR equipped cars. If your wanting to compete in Mod level #1 the MPII is plenty of blower to get the job done.

BTW, I thought you were a member of the Shootout planning/rules committee this year.

David

Randy N Connie
08-14-2005, 03:37 PM
David N who has turned a 13.299 with a stock long block
with a MPII? No one that I know of.But with a MAGIII
This should now be now possible.And I am under the
impression that this is about what a A/R Will turn,13.0
to 13.2 with stock long block.

My motor has every inturnal part that it came from the factory
with.It has 100,000 miles on it.So I can enter any class listed.

I run A MPII.And there is no way that my SCthunderbird is
going to turn a 13.2 nor is anyone else that is not lieing about
engine mods.Unless they have removed a lot of weight.
And I do not know of a 3000lb SC Bird or XR7 out there.

There are three people that make up the first rule draft
for the past two years. Then voted on by the full commitee.
Yes I have been one of the members that has been on the
rules commitee for two years.The first year was Chris Wise,
David Dalke, & me.This year I am on the rule commitee with
David Dalk,and one other person,if he wants named he will
do this on his own.We worked very hard to make the classes
have parity,except the very upper class,in which I consider
exhibition class,run what mn12 you brung and entertain.
And I might add it was like pulling teeth for me to get this
class.Chris W. was dead set aganst letting V-8s with R code
run.

Since I have been on the rule commitee I have not nor have
I planned to compete.But I have always planed to make a couple
passes to qualify.Then pull out of the classed race.This is
so every one will know that the rules were never set up to
favor myself in anyway.Besides my car would not finish the
race and the drive home. :)

I am under the impession or would like to think that I am the
one that help to add classes and open up all classes to more
mods.One reason there is not many bone stock SCs left.
(they can bracket race).And to open up the classes for vendors
to be able to sell more parts.(for sponsorship of the SHOOTOUTs)
And the top class for the ones that have a R code and wanted
to go the V-8 route.(we have a lot of members from different
walks of life).

Now I wanted to let every class except the first class to be
able to run any make blower.But this has been voted aganst
happining by David D.Now since the introduction of the MagIII
and the claimed parity of power being produce between the
MagIII & A/R blowers.I think that it is not to late to make a
rules change to pull MagIII or allow the A/R in more classes.
But David has refused to let this happin.His reasoning is I
would suppose is to be fair to every vendor but him self.
David D. is a very fair person,maybe to much.

I have done my best to get the rules changed already.And
It has nothing to do with taking any vendors side.But
only to see door to door racing by the top doggs in there
perspective class.

I don't know but I hope this post has shed some light
on my thoughts and to answer your post David N.

Thanks Randy

XR7 Dave
08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Randy thank you for that post.

I have chosen not to allow any changes for this year's event. I detest NASCAR for making mid season and mid race rules changes and I guess that guides me to a certain extent here. I specifically made an M90 class so that those who want to push the M90 to it's limits will have a venue for doing so. We did not anticipate the MPIII being released at this time but I am not willing to change the rules 2 months out from the event. We will go ahead as originally planned.

As for Randy's car as far as I know it is legal in all classes. He does have an alcohol injection system but that can easily be left empty and disabled for competition in Street Stock. I see no problem with that.

XxSlowpokexX
08-14-2005, 07:18 PM
The MPIII is still an M90 so ya know..

And For all those comparing the M90 to a 1.7 AR. There really isnt a comparison.

You may get a bit more low to mid range with the m90 however nomatter which way you slice the M90 it will never achieve the efficiency of a twin screw at higher boost and RPM's (or even equal them at the same boost). Plus the 1.7 AR will move more air

The MPII would be a quality lower cost replacement for the factory M90 while the AR will be a more race oriented blower at a higher cost.

Different blowers for different uses.

Thats the bottomline.

A new casting of the lower intake and return plenum would be a nice addition at this time....But how long have we waited for that.

Magnum Powers
08-14-2005, 07:42 PM
When you say the temperatures are lower, do you have any numbers, say from ACT temps, at particular boost and/or RPMs levels? To compare the stock/mp2/mp3???

Also I don't think the of 87% @18000RPM means much to most of us, without something to compare it to; what is this number on a stock or mag2 blower???

Also, can you explain the relationship of blower VE to air temps?

Thank ya sir!
Volumetric efficiencies increase in the order of: 89-93 Eaton, 94-95 Eaton, “S” Port Eaton, MPI/II and MP3. All have about the same VE when turning slowly however the 89-93 VE drops off very quickly with rpm. As we progresses toward the latest version, the MP3, VE improves versus rpm with each version.

What is the reason exit air temperature decreases with increasing VE? Thermal Dynamics and Hydro Dynamics are involved here. Since both fields of study are highly non-linear the mathematics involved are complex and a precise answer is beyond a BB posting. I can however give you a simplified answer that should suffice for an intuitive understanding.

Let us consider two Roots style superchargers of the same displacement the first with a VE of 50% and the second with a VE of 100%. Let us now place a differential pressure across the superchargers equal to 15 psi. If we connect a torque wrench to the input shaft to hold the supercharger from turning it will register a torque, lets say its 10 foot pounds for sake of argument. To a first order of accuracy the torque required is the swept area of the supercharger times the differential pressure. Now if we were to turn the shaft at say 5,000 rpm we would have to apply energy to do so. Through Thermo Dynamics some of that energy will be converted to heat that is measured in BTU’s. Now the supercharger with 100% VE will move twice the volume of air as the one with only 50% VE so those BTU’s are distributed to twice the volume of air therefore the temperature rise will be only half as much, to a first order of accuracy. Therefore as the VE increases the exit air temperature decreases.

Another way to look at it is this: A supercharger would have 100% VE if it were not for internal air friction. As we improve VE we are reducing internal friction that generates heat. So a supercharger with the greatest VE will have the lowest exit air temperature.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Now all of this is academic and is not very exciting however a little birdie told me some numbers are coming out within a few days that will dwarf the 390/469 rwhp/rwtq numbers that have been out there for a little while now. :)

Charles

David Neibert
08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Wow...what a good time to own an SC. I remember a few years ago it was nearly impossible to break 300 rwhp...before long 400 rwhp will be the norm.

David

Toms-SC
08-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Wow...what a good time to own an SC. I remember a few years ago it was nearly impossible to break 300 rwhp...before long 400 rwhp will be the norm.

David

Well said, but reliablity will never be a norm :D

sizemoremk
08-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Volumetric efficiencies increase in the order of: 89-93 Eaton, 94-95 Eaton, “S” Port Eaton, MPI/II and MP3. All have about the same VE when turning slowly however the 89-93 VE drops off very quickly with rpm. As we progresses toward the latest version, the MP3, VE improves versus rpm with each version.

What is the reason exit air temperature decreases with increasing VE? Thermal Dynamics and Hydro Dynamics are involved here. Since both fields of study are highly non-linear the mathematics involved are complex and a precise answer is beyond a BB posting. I can however give you a simplified answer that should suffice for an intuitive understanding.

Let us consider two Roots style superchargers of the same displacement the first with a VE of 50% and the second with a VE of 100%. Let us now place a differential pressure across the superchargers equal to 15 psi. If we connect a torque wrench to the input shaft to hold the supercharger from turning it will register a torque, lets say its 10 foot pounds for sake of argument. To a first order of accuracy the torque required is the swept area of the supercharger times the differential pressure. Now if we were to turn the shaft at say 5,000 rpm we would have to apply energy to do so. Through Thermo Dynamics some of that energy will be converted to heat that is measured in BTU’s. Now the supercharger with 100% VE will move twice the volume of air as the one with only 50% VE so those BTU’s are distributed to twice the volume of air therefore the temperature rise will be only half as much, to a first order of accuracy. Therefore as the VE increases the exit air temperature decreases.

Another way to look at it is this: A supercharger would have 100% VE if it were not for internal air friction. As we improve VE we are reducing internal friction that generates heat. So a supercharger with the greatest VE will have the lowest exit air temperature.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Now all of this is academic and is not very exciting however a little birdie told me some numbers are coming out within a few days that will dwarf the 390/469 rwhp/rwtq numbers that have been out there for a little while now. :)

Charles

Thanks!

So you are saying that the temp reduction will be exponentially better with higher VE, and that the VE changes with RPM.

Do you have any numbers that you can provide to give us an idea?

I think the best measure would be before and after ACTs, anyone logging ACTs getting this blower???

Thanks!

Toms-SC
08-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Arg! My MPIII missed it's connecting flight :mad: ***** UPS :mad:

Toms-SC
08-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Just arrived today:

Not enough thanks can go to Victor & Diane. Thank you both. Also, Charles, thanks for actually releasing this system. Thanks folks. It will be dyno'ed ASAP.

Magnum Powers
08-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Just arrived today:

Not enough thanks can go to Victor & Diane. Thank you both. Also, Charles, thanks for actually releasing this system. Thanks folks. It will be dyno'ed ASAP.
You are welcome Tom!! BTW what is your SC mod list, heads, cam, injectors, spark plugs, gap, etc?

Charles

victor malvar
08-19-2005, 01:15 AM
Just arrived today:

Hi Thomas, You are very welcome. We enjoyed working with you aswell. Glad it arrived safe and sound. I was going to get on this post the other night after some friends made some remarks About Diane and who we sell to! It was not worth or needed an aswer. Thanks Thomas you have aswered it in this post..... Thank you Thomas I can't wait untill you bolt it on. It Made me smile from ear to ear when we put it on Please email us or Charles.We are also running some test,that will be posted very soon.If We can assist you or ANYONE else with any questions at all, I am always ready to help In anyway we can. If Charles is real busy you can call me and I'll do my best to assist. Please email us if you need any assistance with anything at all. Thank you Thomas for everything. :)
Victor and Diane

seawalkersee
08-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Whew...I just read this whole post. I realize that the first TWO MPIII blowers did not have coated rotors. Do the current ones include them? If not, why?

Chris

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Whew...I just read this whole post. I realize that the first TWO MPIII blowers did not have coated rotors. Do the current ones include them? If not, why?

Chris

They currently do not have coated rotors, I am going to assume price and hassel being the reason why not. ESM is now offereing a FULL rebuild (including rotor pack) and new coated rotors for $900 I think? This is just a rebuild, no porting. :o

XxSlowpokexX
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
The MPII & III blowers use the stock unrebuilt rotor packs that come with teh core you give them. Thus why they need a core. I'm not sure many people will pay $900 for a coated rotor pack rebuild.

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 09:51 AM
You are welcome Tom!! BTW what is your SC mod list, heads, cam, injectors, spark plugs, gap, etc?

Charles

No heads, no cam. I am looking to get as close to 300 HP as possible without touching engine internals, this is just a goal of mine. I am running new stock plugs, I do not know about the gap? As per modifications:

75MM Pro-M MAF-S
3" SCP Chrome Inlet Kit
70MM BBK ThrottleBody
Magnaport III Inlet Plenum
MagnaPort III Supercharger
Raised Supercharger Top (Done by Tim)
Double Intercooler (Done by Steve)
MN12Performance Intercooler Fan
Walbro 255 LPH Fuelpump
#42 Ford Racing Injectors
SCI Aluminum Jackshaft Pulley
SCI Aluminum UnderDrive Pulleys
SCI Aluminum 7% Overdrive Pulley
EEC Tuner (File done by Dave D)
94 Gas Tank
DynoMax CatBack Exhaust Kit
Magnaflow 12288 Res
Custom 2 1/4" downtubes
Mustang Headers
Fel-Pro Headgaskets
ARP Headstuds

Mattering on what my boost level is at after this is all done I might have to get a 5% JS Pulley. I am also running a stock AOD, going to have to get a new valvebody for this beast. :)

Magnum Powers
08-19-2005, 11:25 AM
No heads, no cam. I am looking to get as close to 300 HP as possible without touching engine internals, this is just a goal of mine. I am running new stock plugs, I do not know about the gap? As per modifications:

75MM Pro-M MAF-S
3" SCP Chrome Inlet Kit
70MM BBK ThrottleBody
Magnaport III Inlet Plenum
MagnaPort III Supercharger
Raised Supercharger Top (Done by Tim)
Double Intercooler (Done by Steve)
MN12Performance Intercooler Fan
Walbro 255 LPH Fuelpump
#42 Ford Racing Injectors
SCI Aluminum Jackshaft Pulley
SCI Aluminum UnderDrive Pulleys
SCI Aluminum 7% Overdrive Pulley
EEC Tuner (File done by Dave D)
94 Gas Tank
DynoMax CatBack Exhaust Kit
Magnaflow 12288 Res
Custom 2 1/4" downtubes
Mustang Headers
Fel-Pro Headgaskets
ARP Headstuds

Mattering on what my boost level is at after this is all done I might have to get a 5% JS Pulley. I am also running a stock AOD, going to have to get a new valvebody for this beast. :)

Tom,

The Mag3 porting extends the rpm range of the blower allowing it to be spun fast without losing volumetric efficiency or superheating the air. So I’d suggest spinning her faster to extract all that goodness, I’d say 15% - 20% or so but start off with what you have and work up slowly insuring everything is in order as you go. BTW Vic has 10% JS pulleys and I will have 10% crank pulleys in a few days. One other thing, when running higher boost gap your plugs to .032" for best results otherwise it will miss at higher rpm.

Cheers,

Charles

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Tom,
BTW Vic has 10% JS pulleys and I will have 10% crank pulleys in a few days. One other thing, when running higher boost gap your plugs to .032" for best results otherwise it will miss at higher rpm.

Cheers,

Charles

Thanks for the advice, a 10% Crankshaft pulley? Holy crap! One question for you, does the blower I have contain oil? Or do I have to fill it up? :confused:

Magnum Powers
08-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the advice, a 10% Crankshaft pulley? Holy crap! One question for you, does the blower I have contain oil? Or do I have to fill it up? :confused:

Tom, it's filled up, just bolt her on and go.

Charles

hytorksc
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Do you need to have a cam to get 300rwhp using the mag 3? Can you get 300whp with stock internals, a big maf, tb, dbl ic, and exhaust, overspinning the mag 3 at 20%?

thanks-

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Do you need to have a cam to get 300rwhp using the mag 3? Can you get 300whp with stock internals, a big maf, tb, dbl ic, and exhaust, overspinning the mag 3 at 20%?

thanks-

I'm about to find out

SCaddict
08-19-2005, 01:11 PM
Tom,

How close are you to dyno time? Is it going to be at Matthews?

Magnum Powers
08-19-2005, 01:23 PM

thanks-

I don't think that will be a problem at all. Tom does not have the MP FMIC or 85mm TB which will cut down on the power but even so I think he can make his goal by driving the Mag-3 a little faster.

Charles

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Tom,

How close are you to dyno time? Is it going to be at Matthews?

Marty, I would like to begin ripping the car apart this weekend. :) I figure its going to take a week or two. So I'd say dyno in 3 weeks. :)

David Neibert
08-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Marty, I would like to begin ripping the car apart this weekend. :) I figure its going to take a week or two. So I'd say dyno in 3 weeks. :)

Tom,

I had to remove my lower IC tube, intake manifold adaptor and the fuel rail to replace the FPR while installing my MPIII. It still only took one day.

There's not much to it.

David

victor malvar
08-19-2005, 03:14 PM

thanks-

Hello Guys,

This is my experience. Yours may differ depending on your mods. I have one of my SC's that has a stock cam with all the Mag Powers add-ons plus the SCI Pulleys, Roller Rockers, 3.5 Intake, FMIC and my own power pulley and I had no problem hitting approximately 320+ RWHP. (This engine only has about 800 miles on it, so it's pretty tight. The heads have been re-worked with no porting but new springs and cleaned up a bit. Since then, I have acquired an SC with a cam that I've been upgrading slowly with fuel pressure regulator, 50 lb injectors, 373.1 Gears (it came with a Lentech) and a 10% jackshaft pulley (kindly loaned to me) which I'm still slowly adding to it. I've done acouple of runs with it and it keeps climbing. But, until I am through with all the extras and have completed my intended goals and then get a printed copy of the results, I'm hesitant to put up any numbers yet. So for now, this is still a test car. I've been using pumped gas but I'm considering using some higher octane. So.. either the Dyno is wrong or this blower may surprise us all!

I do have some extra cores, so we'll do it on a first come first serve basis. These are moving quickly. I will accept the MagnaPort II as a core which must include the Magnum Power Intake. This would also allow me to trade for some good stock cores which I have in some of my other low-mileage cars as well having some good connections which allows me to trade them.

By the way, has anyone seen the prices of the stock cores on eBay lately?They have gone up considerably. I wonder why the big increase in price and activity... anybody know? In fact, some of the ones I have seen have as many as 12 bids on one and 17 on the other. Do you wonder why too? :rolleyes:

I also want to thank all of you who have been contacting me and placing orders for all sorts of parts! Although I've been really, really busy, I've tried to answer all of the emails that have been coming in as quickly and as detailed as possible.... Thanks to all of you for your continued business and cooperation!

As usual, my best regards to all of you...

Victor

To browse our store, click here (http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store) and see the Magnaport III in the New Arrivals box on the upper right.

Toms-SC
08-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Tom,

I had to remove my lower IC tube, intake manifold adaptor and the fuel rail to replace the FPR while installing my MPIII. It still only took one day.

There's not much to it.

David

I'm doing more than that David, all of this stuff has been collecting in my basement for 2 years. I have to do motor mounts/head gaskets with it.

hytorksc
08-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Hello Guys,

This is my experience. Yours may differ depending on your mods. I have one of my SC's that has a stock cam with all the Mag Powers add-ons plus the SCI Pulleys, Roller Rockers, 3.5 Intake, FMIC and my own power pulley and I had no problem hitting approximately 320+ RWHP. (This engine only has about 800 miles on it, so it's pretty tight. The heads have been re-worked with no porting but new springs and cleaned up a bit. Since then, I have acquired an SC with a cam that I've been upgrading slowly with fuel pressure regulator, 50 lb injectors, 373.1 Gears (it came with a Lentech) and a 10% jackshaft pulley (kindly loaned to me) which I'm still slowly adding to it. I've done acouple of runs with it and it keeps climbing. But, until I am through with all the extras and have completed my intended goals and then get a printed copy of the results, I'm hesitant to put up any numbers yet. So for now, this is still a test car. I've been using pumped gas but I'm considering using some higher octane. So.. either the Dyno is wrong or this blower may surprise us all!

I do have some extra cores, so we'll do it on a first come first serve basis. These are moving quickly. I will accept the MagnaPort II as a core which must include the Magnum Power Intake. This would also allow me to trade for some good stock cores which I have in some of my other low-mileage cars as well having some good connections which allows me to trade them.

By the way, has anyone seen the prices of the stock cores on eBay lately?They have gone up considerably. I wonder why the big increase in price and activity... anybody know? In fact, some of the ones I have seen have as many as 12 bids on one and 17 on the other. Do you wonder why too? :rolleyes:

I also want to thank all of you who have been contacting me and placing orders for all sorts of parts! Although I've been really, really busy, I've tried to answer all of the emails that have been coming in as quickly and as detailed as possible.... Thanks to all of you for your continued business and cooperation!

Victor

To browse our store, click here (http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store) and see the Magnaport III in the New Arrivals box on the upper right.

thanks Victor. Looks like my goals can be achieved a little easier this way. I just want as much over 300 whp as i can without modding internals (or i might do a "mild" cam- i still want streetable, but with some balls on top end).

seawalkersee
08-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Hello Guys,

Victor

Sorry to copy this whole thing again but are you saying we have to have a MP core? I only have the factory blowers. So what would be my price with no core?

Chris

victor malvar
08-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Sorry to copy this whole thing again but are you saying we have to have a MP core? I only have the factory blowers. So what would be my price with no core?

Chris

Hi Chis, I would rather explain your options by phone,or email. I pefer the phone it's easier less writing! I already do plenty of that. If you give me your Phone # I will call you if it will save you a long distance call.If you dont mind giving me your number and a time to call you.I can call you even at this hour. I may have explained it wrong. I prefer the Original core MORE than the Magnaport 11 with the Intake plenums included it must be both parts. I will take accept one or the other type pf cores.The Magnaport 11 with the MP Intake plenum, which many people own! Charles cannot use the The Magnaport 11 With the MP Intake plenum but I will. I have a way to trade them for very good cores.I prefer the Original (Stock) SC or XR7 cores. I hope you undestand what I mean now. Sorry if I wrote it wrong. As long as the cores have a good snout a good case and rotor pack, NO CRACKED CASES OR BROKEN SNOUTS ACCEPTED OF ANY KIND! I'll work with you. I would also like to ask you some questions, on a subject you know very well. Thanks Chris!
352-732-5013
I'm still awake. But not for to much longer.
email me @
spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
or call me 352-732-5013

turbospeed
08-20-2005, 02:25 AM
so if anybody want to sell their MPII cheap , send me a PM

seawalkersee
08-20-2005, 04:51 AM
I will call you in a few days Victor. Thanks for the clarification.

Chris

victor malvar
08-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Hello Everyone, We Need You! Charles is doing more castings to keep everyone that wants or needs a Mag-111 ready to ship upon you ordering. We can use your cores and this will help.We have decided to take the Magnaport 11 with plenum. Of course the regular stock core is preferable but we need the best cores we can get. (Stock) I can exchange the Manaport 11 for very good cores. We prefer to use the best cores we can get and Our source get us exellent cores. These cores are then Made Into Mag-111 and this benefits all of the community. We know there are very good Inovators and we want people to get the best for their cores stock or the Magnaport- 11's. I have made arrangements from a supplier to get us exellent cores for the Magnaport-11 as well. So which ever core you trade you can be assured that the core you exchange will be traded for a top notch M-90 supercharger core. So before you sell your cores or sell your Magnaport-11 at least give me a call.... I think you will understand what I'm doing.to get your MAG-111! we can produce and get them to you as quickly as possible. This is for the sake of all the enthusiast that will only settle for the best. I will work with you. Thank you.You can do whatever you want to do with your blowers. I just ask you to please contact me before you do anything, so I can explain the details and options open to you. "Have a Super Coupe Sunny cool day!"
This Revitalization project! as I call it and alot of you agree Like some one said "I remember trying to reach 300 HP, Now we are looking at a V-6 that is capable of possibly 450 rwhp and I'm sure we will achive these numbers Trust me. I'm old enough to see it whistleing around the corner. Thanks to guy's like Charles Warner, David Neibert, Bill, Slowpoke Bowman, Chris,Joe Brouner, Anthony R. V-6 Sprout, Kurt K, Jake, Nick,Pablon, and of Course SCCoA and many more who have worked long hours to keep your SC & XR7s running while. We Have all contributed in one way or another.There are so many more I can't mention everyone but If I did not metion your Name you we all know who you are. I'm trying to keep this short. You Know Me and My Cliff Notes :p ;) :) We feel these cars are a true Gem's and some TLC will keep our Gems or SC's and the people with good foresight are continuing to Keep on making them run and looking better than ever.They will win in the end! Having a Very Rare car,which will only go up in price if we keep them and took good care of them. The Time of you're SC or XR7 is coming so Hang on to these great cars! Soon they will bring you good rewards :) ;) This is my Honest feelings, Or I would not have as many as I have collected (Many) I wish I had some of the older cars I have owned... I sure do miss them! Some people have foresight and know some cars are special. The "Mag-111". having the Mag-111 is plenty! just having it you can still build up on to it it will respond to what to add to it favorably. I woke up Inspired today Thank God. I think It's due to all these advancements we are all working towards.Thanks for reading this post It's my true and Honest Opinions and I'm proud to be a part of this era. "The Revitalization Period of the "SUPER COUPE & XR7" Click here; http://stores.ebay.com/Spinning-Wheels-SC?refid=store

victor malvar
08-20-2005, 12:59 PM
I will call you in a few days Victor. Thanks for the clarification.

Chris

Anytime Chris! Talk with you soon.

Take Care!
Victor......

LightEMup
08-20-2005, 02:42 PM
hey i just had a question for ya, i have a supercharger laying around w/ the plenuml, and then obveously one on my car....the one on my car is a 94/95 model and the one on the shelf is an older model.....would there be a difference pending on which one i sent in as a core? would the only difference be one would have teflon coated rotors and the other just have bare aluminum rotors? Just wondering which one i should send in once i get the MP III, i'd like to send in the one i got laying around so i don't have any downtime on my car, but if it meens a greater power gain by sending in a newer model supercharge then i'd probably do that. thanks!
Mike

victor malvar
08-20-2005, 03:23 PM
hey i just had a question for ya, i have a supercharger laying around w/ the plenuml, and then obveously one on my car....the one on my car is a 94/95 model and the one on the shelf is an older model.....would there be a difference pending on which one i sent in as a core? would the only difference be one would have teflon coated rotors and the other just have bare aluminum rotors? Just wondering which one i should send in once i get the MP III, i'd like to send in the one i got laying around so i don't have any downtime on my car, but if it meens a greater power gain by sending in a newer model supercharge then i'd probably do that. thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike, If they are M-90 stock cores great if they are Magnaport 11 with the plenum I will accept them also. I would then provide for you with a very nice core for you MAG-3 the reason I'm accepting Magnacor 11's and plenums Intead of just a regular core which is whats needed for the MAG-3 is because I have a source that will give me in exchane a regular very good core. Magnum Powers is only accepting the regular cores I'm giving the option to those who do not have a stock M-90 core the ability to exchange one for your Magnacor 11's/ Plunum as an exchange for a very good M-90 not ported core. It's just a way to facilitate to those who want to ugrade from the Magnaport 11 to the Magnaport-111 if you do mot have a regular stock core. I will accept either or.If I did not have a supplier to supply me with good Stock M-90 cores in very good condition, I could not accept your Magnaport 11 as a exchange for the people who only have a Magnaport11. It's a service I'm proving to simplify things for some people. Now If you have a core that has not neen ported at all and has coated rotors. I would accept them as well, as long as the tips of the coating has not rubbed off. This would not be a problem. Also if anyone has ported as stock blower on the top or the back it may not be acceptable for the remachining for the Mag-3.
Thanks Mike!
Happy Trails!
Victor........

92strokedbird
08-20-2005, 04:04 PM
So what is the price difference between sending a stock blower to sending a mag II.

victor malvar
08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
So what is the price difference between sending a stock blower to sending a mag II.

PLEASE NOTE: READ THIS EXPLANATION IN A POST WRITTEN BELOW. WHEN I WROTE THIS I WAS THINKING OF A DIFFRENT SITUATION THERE WAS A LOT GOING ON. WE DO GIVE A FAIR PRICE ON THE MAGNAPORT 11 AND INTAKE. THIS WAS WRITEN AFTER A CUSTOMER JUST WANTED TO EXCHANGE A MAGNAPORT 11 EVEN FOR A CORE. HIS MAGNAPORT TWO WAS CRACKED AND I COULD NOT ACCEPT HIS MAGNAPORT 11. MY MISUNDERSTANDING HERE. I WILL NOT EDIT THIS POST BUT JUST ADD THIS STATEMENT. I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.
None Really. :confused: Because I would have to make the exchage.I would pay for the your shipping! That would cost me 3 shipping cost.It would cost me not you. I'm doing this to faciliate this for some that have paid more for a Magnum Powers 11 with the Intake. We are sure your paid more for the Magnum powers 11 at one time.I do not make extra money from them. I just exchange them from my supplier for Stock cores In good condition! Plus I pay for his shipping to me then I pay your shipping to me.Then I ship them to Charles! 3 shipping cost. So since he will not take Ported blowers only stock ones in good condition! If they are not in the conditions I wrote prior to this reply, No porting, or broken snout tips or cracks to the casing or the rotor packs are shot he will reject them and so will we Alway make sure you Insure your blower to avoid it being broken or lost while in trasportation.. If you want to sell your Magnaport 11 you can do so but be careful! Afterwards then pay me for a good core. It all depends on how fast you want to get things rolling if you do not to have a Stock M-90 Blower. This infact saves you $$$ in the end. I'm just trying to expedite things for anyone that wants to have one right away. I would Prefer the Stock blower. I'm just a go between. I do not sell any other blowers, if you check our store you will not see any other blowers for sale! Only the MAG-3 Not even my own ported blowers are for sale..This is a whole new thing. After trying one out why try to sell anything else. I'm ordering another one for myself. That should say something about myself wanting two of the Mag-3 for myself I have had one already first hand and I'm very satisfied and enthused about their potencial at a good price! I also Ordered a Polished one ;) :) . They are $400.00 more.For My show car and for my son which now wants one now,after diving my test car. Also for Pictures and shows. I have plenty of Magnaport 11's I really do not need more. But I will take yours as long as it helps me and you get an exellent core not Junk. Charkes knows the quality of my cores. Ask him.
Take care !
Call me if you would like.
352-732-5013
Victor.........
www.spinningwheels-sc-com

David Neibert
08-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Sounds like you will do much better to sell your MPII blower and MP Plenum rather than trade it in.

David

XR7 Dave
08-20-2005, 11:17 PM
Maybe since we are all just talking about the best way to buy an MPIII and not really discussing the product itself then this discussion ought to be continued in the "Group Buys and Specials" forum. Or do the rules only apply to "certain" venders/manufacturers??? :confused:

LightEMup
08-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi Mike, If they are M-90 stock cores great if they are Magnaport 11 with the plenum I will accept them also. I would then provide for you with a very nice core for you MAG-3 the reason I'm accepting Magnacor 11's and plenums Intead of just a regular core which is whats needed for the MAG-3 is because I have a source that will give me in exchane a regular very good core. Magnum Powers is only accepting the regular cores I'm giving the option to those who do not have a stock M-90 core the ability to exchange one for your Magnacor 11's/ Plunum as an exchange for a very good M-90 not ported core. It's just a way to facilitate to those who want to ugrade from the Magnaport 11 to the Magnaport-111 if you do mot have a regular stock core. I will accept either or.If I did not have a supplier to supply me with good Stock M-90 cores in very good condition, I could not accept your Magnaport 11 as a exchange for the people who only have a Magnaport11. It's a service I'm proving to simplify things for some people. Now If you have a core that has not neen ported at all and has coated rotors. I would accept them as well, as long as the tips of the coating has not rubbed off. This would not be a problem. Also if anyone has ported as stock blower on the top or the back it may not be acceptable for the remachining for the Mag-3.
Thanks Mike!
Happy Trails!
Victor........
hmm....i guess what i was trying to ask is, would it be better to send you a stock 94/95 supercharger or a stock 89-93 supercharger, because the rotors are the same right? so wouldn't sending in a newer supercharger to have the magnaport done to it be a little better with teflon coated rotors? or does it matter? Just wondering what would get me the best power gains for my car. And they are both stock m-90 superchargers, not a magnaport II

victor malvar
08-21-2005, 02:33 AM
David N. It would be better to do whatever the customer wants to do. Sometimes the buyer may not want to hassell with the sale of their blower. I'm just facilitating it for them! Also getting the Mag-3 quicker if your Mangnaport 11 have been ran real hard, it may need a complete re-build. Some people do not know the diffrence between a good blower and ported blower a cracked casing such as a hair line crack or worn out lobes etc.... :confused: We would reject it but return the blower if we noticed it no Harm done we would also want it insured in case it's brocken in the trasportation or lost the buyer would not loose money just package it well... ;) We prefer a good blower not ported at all!!! I would rather receive a good stock blower in good condition than blower which needs a complete rebuild.It's much easier for us to receive a good stock blower, then sell a Mag-3 and move on. If the owner of a Magnaport 11 has the time to sell it and take a chance with an unknown person and buy one "AS IS" And Charles or we reject it! the customer is stuck with a rejected blower than getting his money back is unlikely we have what is called feedback we will do whats right for the customer! Again We Insure everything coming or going. He may be out a few dollars :mad: .We guarantee a good blower :) . If you can sell your Magnaport 11 and make some money sell it and Insure it. Then hope you get your funds quickly. I offer the this as either or I'm providing a good service. A real "No Wait" Option. For the buyer. ;) I'm taking the Risk...Think about it all the way the through as a seller or buyer.....I'm Sticking my neck out...Read carefully.
Bottom Line a good deal all the way around for all parties We will provide this!!!.

Thanks David.

XxSlowpokexX
08-21-2005, 02:45 AM
94/95 rotors are coated and should give less clearence then the 93 and under rotors

victor malvar
08-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Maybe since we are all just talking about the best way to buy an MPIII and not really discussing the product itself then this discussion ought to be continued in the "Group Buys and Specials" forum. Or do the rules only apply to "certain" venders/manufacturers??? :confused:

Hi David D.
I guess anywhere you would like it placed it may just go where the Admin wants it to go.In the sale and the mechanics of how to purchase a Magnaport 111 need's to be addressed. I'm doing my best to help and explain how to obtain a core so the MAG-3 can se sold in a week to ten day's. to any customer or Members or Interest in the future.I'm providing the people Interested with services to help them with any concers they might have in the purchase of a Magnum Powers 111. I'm providing this as a public service and as a distributor In order that the people undertand how and what we can do to help them aquire one, when they want one in a fast and in a secure manner.I'm not Using my signature in replies unless it gets by me. So I'm just trying to help with some of the questions people are asking of me.I'm working hard trying to Just help!facilitate the sale of the Magnum Powers.Magnaport 111 Or As I call it and others call it the "Mag-3" Maybe we should have a contest and who ever finds the best name for It wins the a nice prize. What would you name it??? Just curios. If I can be of service to Anyone or If Spinningwheels-sc as a designated Distributor allowed to sell the Mag-3. I hope, I can answer the questions to the best of my ability.To explain how to best to aquire one for Any Interested SC and XR7 owners or anyone else how best to aquire one or five. If the Members or Interested parties, ask a question I will do my best even at 4:00 am to assure I'm doin them a service just how to get the best deal and also help them with any questions they may have. I'm more than happy and exited to help anyone.Just as you have the right to speak about the Snow Kit or Pistons, etc.... etc..... I can sell the SNOW Kit but as a courtesy to you,
have not sold any nor listed any. At least not yet, as a courtesy to you. If some one ask me about them I refer them to you. When I open my new e-commerce store... I will sell them also. I'm just doing my best. Just as you are. We appreciate your input and Interest in the Mag-3 this is Business and customer service Hopefuly you will be tuning some of them for optimum performance! :) Thank you!!!
Take Care!
Victor......

victor malvar
08-21-2005, 05:26 AM
hmm....i guess what i was trying to ask is, would it be better to send you a stock 94/95 supercharger or a stock 89-93 supercharger, because the rotors are the same right? so wouldn't sending in a newer supercharger to have the magnaport done to it be a little better with teflon coated rotors? or does it matter? Just wondering what would get me the best power gains for my car. And they are both stock m-90 superchargers, not a magnaport II

Hi , Great question! This is something that I will attemp to aswer. I believe you have the best of both wolds :) ;) :cool: I will call Charles tomorrow and see what he will do. I'm sure he will give me the best answer he can muster for you. I'll be happy to exchange them for sure :) :D ;) I have many SC's I'm sure he will give you his best deal or I will. Hmmm Is right. I beleive he will offer you the same as everyone else. If I were you I would definetly sell one who will pay you for one of them you can get good money. If you would like I would sell one for you as a courtesy you set the price and Maybe auction it with a reserve. and when it sells go for the Gusto it should sell for $500.00+ if you add the plenum and sell it with a pulley maybe more.... I would only charge you for cost. You have a few options and have a winning combo. If you want to call me tomorrow after 12:00 I can try to helpou decide what would be your best bet. I have been looking for a 94-95. But this is not the forum for that. I will look into it for you and try to PM you or place it right here so others can also see your options. I'm sure even though you have some nice Blowers the MAG-3 will blow your mind once you bolt it on and possibly add some other hardware. I see you Have a Kenny Wagner I/C Very Nice. I also Have One from him also a FMIC I agree Kenny does good work... Yes they are Very nice. Kenny and I are good friends. Well It's time to get some sleep. It's been a pleasure talking with you and everyone else. Thank you for your Inquiries and courteous questions Please do not hesitate to email me at Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net or call me at
352-732-5013 I'm off tomorrow but Since Diane is out of town to see her parents. I will be home all day.Just let me sleep untill 11:00 or 12:00 In the I need to get somre rest. Thanks alot. ;) :D :cool:
Take good care!
Victor..........

92strokedbird
08-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Victor,what qualifies as a good core.This way if someone wants to sell their MagII or keep it and send in a core(stock)they know what standards you are looking for to save your time and theirs.It just seems a shame to send in a blower that was about $1000 and then pony up for another blower.Would it be things like case smoothness(no large scratches)inside of the bore and non scoring of rotor pack,no body cracks etc or are we looking for clearance between the case and rotors.Just so that if anyone already has a MagII they can keep it or sell it and know what is needed as a good core.

XR7 Dave
08-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi David D.
I guess anywhere you would like it placed it may just go where the Admin wants it to go.In the sale and the mechanics of how to purchase a Magnaport 111 need's to be addressed. I'm doing my best to help and explain how to obtain a core so the MAG-3 can se sold in a week to ten day's. to sny customer or Members curiosity or Interest for the future.I providing the people Interested with my services to help them with any concers they may have in the purchase of a Magnum Powers 111 I'm providing this as a public service and as a distributor

Come on Victor, you know you have used every opportunity in any forum and any post to promote yourself and your services. You can't go to any forum without reading about Spinning Wheels SC. You have used this forum with not only your own banners but by encouraging other people to promote your banners in their sigs to the point that it flat out annoying.

The admin is very lenient about where posts go but it would be in good taste to take it upon yourself to not stretch the limits and instead be a good example to others by respecting the forum guidelines.

Read the title of this thread! This is not a thread to discuss and develop a proposed new product, it is a thread intended ONLY to promote a product that is fully developed and ready for sale - and from you only! This thread does not address the other places from which a person may purchase an MPIII, only you. This is an advertisement only and it belongs in the "Group Buys Forum".

Removing your banner from the bottom of your posts is a silly gesture, especially when you keep reminding us that you are doing so.

If you are so concerned about a public service, how about providing a link to the information on your own website and use your bandwidth to promote your product rather than SCCOA's.

You are very welcome around here and everywhere else as you participate in discussions and provide input for people and their experiences with their SC's but your advertising on this site is getting a little overbearing.

The SCCOA charges a fee for placing a banner at the top of the forum pages. Perhaps they should charge for every post that has a banner in it? :D ;)

victor malvar
08-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Victor,what qualifies as a good core.This way if someone wants to sell their MagII or keep it and send in a core(stock)they know what standards you are looking for to save your time and theirs.It just seems a shame to send in a blower that was about $1000 and then pony up for another blower.Would it be things like case smoothness(no large scratches)inside of the bore and non scoring of rotor pack,no body cracks etc or are we looking for clearance between the case and rotors.Just so that if anyone already has a MagII they can keep it or sell it and know what is needed as a good core.

Good Morning,
A Good Core Is a core that is not cracked or broken anywhere on the casing or the snout...No broken fins, the rotor pack should be in the blower not the shaft should be stright and not stripped the rotors lobes should look farily good. No deep scraches, If the snout bearing are noisy but the shaft spins O.K. and it not froze up this is a plus, and the better the finish the better the end result. There are some blower that have been ported on the top or on the back these are not acceptable. A good core is a core must be rebuildable.
I may not have covered everything but most. It must just be rebuildable. I think this is the best question that asnweres it as much as possible. The reason I would take a Manaport two is for those blowers that are still rebuildable and have the Intake because there a no other Intakes being made. Charles May make a few but not likely. I can exchance the Mag-11 for very good cores good looking lobes good cases some of my cores have 70,000 or less on them d so they are still pretty fresh cores. Thw Mag-111 is toally re-built new bearings seals the works. So some cores that may have a little bit worn is acceptable. Once I or Charles has the cores then they are checked for any major problems within reason. If he can do his work to them then we accept them. The Cores charge is $350.00 per core, if someone does not have one. I have many cars. I have had in the past and saved many good cores.The ones I have are in exellent shape. I will work with anyone who calls me or email's me with a order for a Magnaport111 if someone does not have one or they just have a Magnapoert-11 I will accept them and work something out with them. I'm not looking to make money on Magnaport 11, I have a few left they are brand new and some polished. I have 12 SC's with regular blowers If I want to add a Magnaport 11 to one I have plenty. I just wanted to inform the community that I would take either or.I can also be a little negociable. Not on the Mag-3 but maybe on the people who do not have anything or need a core. If we charged less for cores we may not get many good cores returned to us... How Did I do ;)

victor malvar
08-21-2005, 01:14 PM
Come on Victor, you know you have used every opportunity in any forum and any post to promote yourself and your services. You can't go to any forum without reading about Spinning Wheels SC. You have used this forum with not only your own banners but by encouraging other people to promote your banners in their sigs to the point that it flat out annoying.

The admin is very lenient about where posts go but it would be in good taste to take it upon yourself to not stretch the limits and instead be a good example to others by respecting the forum guidelines.

Read the title of this thread! This is not a thread to discuss and develop a proposed new product, it is a thread intended ONLY to promote a product that is fully developed and ready for sale - and from you only! This thread does not address the other places from which a person may purchase an MPIII, only you. This is an advertisement only and it belongs in the "Group Buys Forum".

Removing your banner from the bottom of your posts is a silly gesture, especially when you keep reminding us that you are doing so.

If you are so concerned about a public service, how about providing a link to the information on your own website and use your bandwidth to promote your product rather than SCCOA's.

You are very welcome around here and everywhere else as you participate in discussions and provide input for people and their experiences with their SC's but your advertising on this site is getting a little overbearing.

The SCCOA charges a fee for placing a banner at the top of the forum pages. Perhaps they should charge for every post that has a banner in it? :D ;)

Oh Well Whatever is eaten at you I'm sorry. It seems the MP-3 has taken you over the edge! Please remit our Check right away!!! You just cant Live and let live David! I have tried to coexist with you I give you such discounts and deliver to you so you can have the parts you need at our expence. It's over.Please dont bring SCCoA into our personal conflicts If Others Vendors want to jump in It's great.I'm doing what I need to do to get the word out to the community. I have 1/5 of the post you have.Our banner it's the the peoples choice.It's called freedom of expression!This is what your doing right here in a ugly manner. Many appreciate our services we are like clockwork.We have a good reputation. We deliver every day.Thanks for your kind and misleading statements.I'm sorry You have falling from grace.You need to finish the AR and deliver to people who are still waiting.This is a good product and If I'm asked a question, I will answer to the best of my ability. Have a great Sunday. Please send us our check ASAP.SCCoA Is place for helping! I'm doing my best to do that! I will continue to keep it friendly, I'm glad to be a part of it keep helping it grow, We help it im many ways your not aware of. I do not care to continue this back and forth with you. Call me at home! I ask to to cease this type of attacks on us.We do not wish you anything but good fortune.
Take care of yourself Dave.
Good luck to you.
Victor.....

XR7 Dave
08-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Thanks for that Victor. I do have 10x as many posts as you but I think the ratio of posts made to help others vrs. posts advertising my product is also more than 10x as high. ;)

And yes, I will refund your deposit for the AR as soon as I can. I wish you many years of enjoyment out of your "MPIii." :)

LightEMup
08-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Hi , Great question! This is something that I will attemp to aswer. I believe you have the best of both wolds :) ;) :cool: I will call Charles tomorrow and see what he will do. I'm sure he will give me the best answer he can muster for you. I'll be happy to exchange them for sure :) :D ;) I have many SC's I'm sure he will give you his best deal or I will. Hmmm Is right. I beleive he will offer you the same as everyone else. If I were you I would definetly sell one who will pay you for one of them you can get good money. If you would like I would sell one for you as a courtesy you set the price and Maybe auction it with a reserve. and when it sells go for the Gusto it should sell for $500.00+ if you add the plenum and sell it with a pulley maybe more.... I would only charge you for cost. You have a few options and have a winning combo. If you want to call me tomorrow after 12:00 I can try to helpou decide what would be your best bet. I have been looking for a 94-95. But this is not the forum for that. I will look into it for you and try to PM you or place it right here so others can also see your options. I'm sure even though you have some nice Blowers the MAG-3 will blow your mind once you bolt it on and possibly add some other hardware. I see you Have a Kenny Wagner I/C Very Nice. I also Have One from him also a FMIC I agree Kenny does good work... Yes they are Very nice. Kenny and I are good friends. Well It's time to get some sleep. It's been a pleasure talking with you and everyone else. Thank you for your Inquiries and courteous questions Please do not hesitate to email me at Spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net or call me at
352-732-5013 I'm off tomorrow but Since Diane is out of town to see her parents. I will be home all day.Just let me sleep untill 11:00 or 12:00 In the I need to get somre rest. Thanks alot. ;) :D :cool:
Take good care!
Victor..........
yeah i really don't need an extra supercharger, so that would be awsome to get rid of one and maybe put the profit towards the MP III, PM about it and let me know what you find out, thanks alot for your help man!
Mike

XxSlowpokexX
08-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Personally unless this is a group buy...It should be under the new product section...Being its a new product...if George deems it the wrong place to be then so be it.

Toms-SC
08-22-2005, 09:44 AM
George is the one who moved it here, this is no doing of Victor. If you have a problem with the location of this thread please click below.

PM To Admin (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&userid=2)

boostedbird
08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Personally i do not have a problem with either blower I have a friend of mine thats talking with victor about the MagIII even though I am going with Daves AWESOME A/R kit for the money the mag III has some promise theres no doubt about that but you are taking the properties that the roots shines in most promently and just changing when it does it. I don't know about the rest of you but when I went from the stock blower to the Mag II it was definitely not as strong off the line sure it had alot better top end because it needed to spin faster to produce the power that it does without as much heat as the stock, but the stocker would SLAM you back right off idle and in the midrange. Which is where the roots is KING, where as the screw does a great job of doing the same thing but with alot better delivery and ALOT less heat and by compressing the air itself takes about 40% or less power to run. An M90 roots blower running a stock pulley is taking close to 50-60 HP from the engine just to turn it at full RPM, I would hate to see what the damage would be with 10, 15, or 20+% overdrive would be. Personally I'd rather that power be going to my wheels not into turning my blower. Then to top that off your talking about the heat that its making being overdriven that much i know Charles is a fricken god with these blowers noone else knows them better or can make a roots shine like he has for our cars but hes even got to admit that the twin will always be cooler than the roots. Except for at idle where the twin is still compressing air and causing it too heat up. But thats the thing, we have trade offs for both blowers. You pay between 1900+ with core charge and shipping and you get a roots remaned blower with a new casted intake or you spend around 3000 and for that you get a brand new not remanned twin screw, new belt, pulley, redone intake, a custom chip, I'm sure i am forgetting some things for roughly 1100 more. I personally want a NEW blower not a remanned, nothing against them but you do not even get a new rotor pack with the roots its still got the same wear on the housing, rotors, and gears true they can last for years and years but I know that they have lost some of their clearances, correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't want anyone to think I hate the roots and i'm all for the twin but simple physics shows you that pound for pound the twin will outpower the roots anyday of the week. Thats why Ford installed a twin on the GT and the new shelby because it is better, if you look at the 600, 700 even the 500 Whp cobras look at what their running its not a roots its a twin and theres good reason for that because you can push a roots only so far before its starts to defeat the purpose. For the money you cannot go wrong with the MagIII but for a blower that will get you 500+ at the rear wheels I would have to say that the twin is the only way to go. Just my 2 cents worth I am not trying to rain on any parade i think what Charles is doing is absolutely awesome! I think what Dave has designed is simply remarkable and brings us to a whole other playing field I now think that i will be within striking distance to my friends 04 cobra with a ported roots that i built for him its running a ported blower no sound ports with a 2.87 pulley making around 18 PSi ported heads,comp cams, headers full exhaust and SCT tuner and making about 475 at the wheels.

victor malvar
08-22-2005, 03:51 PM
yeah i really don't need an extra supercharger, so that would be awsome to get rid of one and maybe put the profit towards the MP III, PM about it and let me know what you find out, thanks alot for your help man!
Mike

Hello Mike! Thank you. I have sent you a PM explaining varios options and Information. I think you will like the performance, and the simplicity of the intallation. It's Basically the same. The more Mods the better the numbers will be. I recommend 50 to 60 Lb Injectors depending on what you plan to add to the MP-111
Take care,
Talk with you soon.
Best Regards,
Victor........

David Neibert
08-22-2005, 04:04 PM
David N. It would be better to do whatever the customer wants to do. Sometimes the buyer may not want to hassell with the sale of their blower. I'm just facilitating it for them! Also getting the Mag-3 quicker if your Mangnaport 11 have been ran real hard, it may need a complete re-build. Some people do not know the diffrence between a good blower and ported blower a cracked casing such as a hair line crack or worn out lobes etc.... :confused: We would reject it but return the blower if we noticed it no Harm done we would also want it insured in case it's brocken in the trasportation or lost the buyer would not loose money just package it well... ;) We prefer a good blower not ported at all!!! I would rather receive a good stock blower in good condition than blower which needs a complete rebuild.It's much easier for us to receive a good stock blower, then sell a Mag-3 and move on. If the owner of a Magnaport 11 has the time to sell it and take a chance with an unknown person and buy one "AS IS" And Charles or we reject it! the customer is stuck with a rejected blower than getting his money back is unlikely we have what is called feedback we will do whats right for the customer! Again We Insure everything coming or going. He may be out a few dollars :mad: .We guarantee a good blower :) . If you can sell your Magnaport 11 and make some money sell it and Insure it. Then hope you get your funds quickly. I offer the this as either or I'm providing a good service. A real "No Wait" Option. For the buyer. ;) I'm taking the Risk...Think about it all the way the through as a seller or buyer.....I'm Sticking my neck out...Read carefully.
Bottom Line a good deal all the way around for all parties We will provide this!!!.

Thanks David.

Victor,

Please tell me you are not serious. :confused:

The average used MPII and the MP plenum combined had a re-sale value of well over $1000 plus a rebuildable core, just a couple weeks ago. I'm quite certian you will have no problem trading all the good MPIIs and MP plenums you can get your hands on for cores.

This naturally raises the question of what that person your trading these blowers & plenums to for cores is going to do with them. I've got to think they will be cleaned up and re-sold to people in this very club. I'm sure this person could sell every MPII & Plenum combo you can provide, if all it cost them was a good core. I know that I could.

Since you already have all the MPIIs you need I'll be happy to take any of the overflow off your hands. I'll even better the deal and give you $100 plus a rebuildable core for every good MPII with MP plenum you or anyone else wants to send me.

I don't know what your business arrangment with this person your trading the MPII and plenums to for cores is, but it certianly sounds like he could make a great deal of $ selling MPIIs at half the price your charging for the MPIIIs.

The part about this that rubs me wrong, is that it may cause a serious reduction in the MPII's resale value. :mad:

David

supercatxr7
08-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Victor,

Please tell me you are not serious. :confused:

The average used MPII and the MP plenum combined had a re-sale value of well over $1000 plus a rebuildable core, just a couple weeks ago. I'm quite certian you will have no problem trading all the good MPIIs and MP plenums you can get your hands on for cores.

This naturally raises the question of what that person your trading these blowers & plenums to for cores is going to do with them. I've got to think they will be cleaned up and re-sold to people in this very club. I'm sure this person could sell every MPII & Plenum combo you can provide, if all it cost them was a good core. I know that I could.

Since you already have all the MPIIs you need I'll be happy to take any of the overflow off your hands. I'll even better the deal and give you $100 plus a rebuildable core for every good MPII with MP plenum you or anyone else wants to send me.

I don't know what your business arrangment with this person your trading the MPII and plenums to for cores is, but it certianly sounds like he could make a great deal of $ selling MPIIs at half the price your charging for the MPIIIs.

The part about this that rubs me wrong, is that it may cause a serious reduction in the MPII's resale value. :mad:

David

I'd have to agree with Dave on this, you can't be serious on your offer for MPII's Victor! The MP plenum alone often goes for $400 or so used. These would definitely be resold and profit someone.

Pablo94SC
08-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I know nothing about the MPIII, but after reading David N's post, I have to agree that something sounds fishy.

That, and I have trouble doing business with someone that has poor grammar skills. The occasional typo I understand, but poor grammar always reminds me of spammers and other scam artists on the web.

Some people do not know the diffrence between a good blower and ported blower a cracked casing such as a hair line crack or worn out lobes etc.... We would reject it but return the blower if we noticed it no Harm done we would also want it insured in case it's brocken in the trasportation or lost the buyer would not loose money just package it well...

Did reading this make anyone else cringe? *shudder*

Magnum Powers
08-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi Guys,
If a person wants to get top dollar for their used MPII and Plenum I’d suggest they sell it themselves and apply those dollars to offset the cost of the MPIII as they should be able to get quite a bit for a MPII as they make good power as everyone knows.

If on the other hand a person does not want to take the time to sell it Vic has made an offer to take the MPII in trade and supply a good core that he will ship to Magnum Powers. As you know it costs Vic time and money to do business, he is not a crook; he is a businessman that needs to make a profit to stay in business. Vic has to find and buy the stock cores, pay for shipping and as you know this takes time and money to accomplish. If Vic re-sales a MPII for a customer it costs him time and money to do so as Ebay charges sellers a handsome amount and he has to pay shipping, etc. No one is forcing anyone to trade in your MPII for a MPIII as Vic’s offer is only for those who would rather not hassle with selling stuff on their own. Vic’s offer is just that, an offer, and not everyone will want to take it but some will, as it is very convenient.

Charles

victor malvar
08-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone;

As I was thinking about these last few posts I realized something interesting. An Internet Forum is a place where people can say anything they want, about anyone they want without considering how it may affect others who are watching. They can say anything without fear of retaliation except maybe a nasty letter in return. However, I wonder if these people who speak so freely and talk down at others or begin rumors would say the same if this forum was in an actual room with everyone looking at them right in the eyes.

I was not going to reply to these last few, but I thought it best for me to speak my peace and try to put an end to these speculations.

My offer for trades still stands. My intent is not to gain for myself as much as it is to promote the MP III's. If anyone is taking a risk, it's likely to be me. I have no idea of what I'll get in trade... I may have one that's cracked, or with bad bearings or one that's been run all to hell. But, as they say, the greater the risk the greater the return. Those who think my offer is unfair and to my advantage should call me or send me a PM. I've been in business since I was 19 and I'll be 57 in September.... In nearly 40 years, I've learned how important my customers are. They are my life's blood. I feel each customer becomes my friend and it's nice when friends can buy from friends.

As far as integrity and fairness, let me say this: I've sold thousands of parts and I have NEVER received a negative mark because I always try to be fair, honest and ethical. My philosophy is that if anyone has to lose in a business deal with me, let it be me. Everyone in these forums that has done business with me knows me and the kind of person I am. As such, I'll let them speak on my behalf in this regard, if they feel its needed. The important thing is that I know my heart and my motives and I would never take advantage of anyone. I think all of you know that about me.

One last thing... As far as grammar... I'm sure that comment wasn't about me, because I write fast and rarely re-read, or spell check my letters because I know they are always perfect.... I use grate greemer! Seriously,
If my letters are misunderstood, please say so and I'll take my time and make sure it's crystal clear. nuff said about that.

Thanks to all of you...

Victor

boostedbird
08-22-2005, 09:24 PM
I will have to step up to the plate and say that even the small dealings I've had with Victor have been good and he is a good guy ands sticks to his word. I don't think that hes out to take advantage of anyone by offering to take their MPII cause like its been said he has to supply the core and then he has to resell the used MPII to acually get back his money, which takes time and i don't know about anyone else but my time is worth something to me. Noone is saying you HAVE to send in your MPII, but its nice you have that option open to you, if you don't like the offer don't take it! Take your time and sell your MPII and supply your own core.

XxSlowpokexX
08-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Well I remeber when ported blowers cost tons of money...When M90S cost tons of money..When the MPII cost tons of money.....

Unfortunately performance parts that are constantly upgraded make thier older counterparts obsolete in a way.

Now a few questions

These MPIII's..Do they use a new casting or a modified old ones?

If it uses an old blower is it based of a 94 type or earlier desighn...

If it sa whole new casting then the condition of the case should not be as important as the condition of the rotor pack or snout

Also performance wise

What is the difference in performance when using a coated vrs non coated rotor pack?....Which is the MPIII sold with

Just a few questions that need to be clarified

boostedbird
08-22-2005, 09:59 PM
They are doing the same thing with the MPIII as they did with the MPII they take your core and chop off the back make a new backing plate for it port out the blower extensively and then reassemble with new bearings and seals and then test it. I know that when I switched too the gen 4 coated rotor pack in my MPII I gained 2 PSI and the boost came on harder and faster. Its based on which ever case you send to them.

Blown347
08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
WOW!!!!!

www.supercoupeperformance.com

They have them too. Great deal also

Magnum Powers
08-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Well I remeber when ported blowers cost tons of money...When M90S cost tons of money..When the MPII cost tons of money.....

Unfortunately performance parts that are constantly upgraded make thier older counterparts obsolete in a way.

Now a few questions

If it sa whole new casting then the condition of the case should not be as important as the condition of the rotor pack or snout

Also performance wise

What is the difference in performance when using a coated vrs non coated rotor pack?....Which is the MPIII sold with

Just a few questions that need to be clarified

Hi Damon!

The MP3 uses the same construction process as the MP2. I tried to cast a new case but the price was too high in low volume making it unaffordable. I spent about a year and a whole lot of money trying to make that happen for you guys but in the end could not. The MP2/MP3 construction is sound and robust but time consuming to make. Because the intake port shape is so different I designed a new intake plenum to go with it that is a new casting however.

The MP3 is based on the early 89-93 blowers because there are a lot more of them and also the intake port goes right through the center of the lower 94/95 plenum mounting stud holes.

Since the Mag-3 is based on the 89-93 they come with bare rotors. So far we have made 390 rwhp @ 5,000rpm and 469rwtq so the performance is there even with bare rotors. From what we are seeing there is a whole lot more yet to be tapped. If you have a good set of 94/95 rotors they will slip right in there. I believe you will get a bit more low end torque with the coated rotors but I do not have dyno results for that configuration, its something to try however, it might be a good thing but most people will not go that route.

BTW the Mag-3 comes with a 1 year warranty.

Also, what do you guys think; should we call it the MPIII, Mag-3, MagnaPortIII or the MagnaForce?

Charles

David Neibert
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
My offer for trades still stands. My intent is not to gain for myself as much as it is to promote the MP III's. If anyone is taking a risk, it's likely to be me. I have no idea of what I'll get in trade... I may have one that's cracked, or with bad bearings or one that's been run all to hell. But, as they say, the greater the risk the greater the return. Those who think my offer is unfair and to my advantage should call me or send me a PM. I've been in business since I was 19 and I'll be 57 in September.... In nearly 40 years, I've learned how important my customers are. They are my life's blood. I feel each customer becomes my friend and it's nice when friends can buy from friends.

As far as integrity and fairness, let me say this: I've sold thousands of parts and I have NEVER received a negative mark because I always try to be fair, honest and ethical. My philosophy is that if anyone has to lose in a business deal with me, let it be me. Everyone in these forums that has done business with me knows me and the kind of person I am. As such, I'll let them speak on my behalf in this regard, if they feel its needed. The important thing is that I know my heart and my motives and I would never take advantage of anyone. I think all of you know that about me.

Victor,

My offer still stands too.

Cores cost $150-$200, even if they cost $350 you still have Zero risk with your offer. The value of the MP inlet plenum alone is worth more than a core. If Charles quits making them they will be worth even more, unless your supplier of cores starts selling them at cut rate prices.

I never said that you were a crook and I told you exactly why I didn't think it was fair. It reduces the re-sale value of the MPII and the MP plenum. If your supplier gets an MPII plenum and inlet plenum for the cost of a core, he has plenty of room to sell them at reduced prices as alternative to the MPIII and still make a huge profit.

Up until two weeks ago they were the hottest supercharger and plenum combo avalible, now they are worth $350 ? Actually you aren't even offering that, because there was already a core charge when they bought it.

If we were in the same room would I be asking these same questions to your face...Yes I certianly would. I'm also a business man with many satisfied customers, and selling them something on Tuesday for top dollar and then telling them is worth nothing on Friday isn't going to make any of them happy. So reguardless of your motives, I think it's bad business to allow the re-sale value of MPII to fall in the toilet for the sake of selling more MPIIIs.

I believe a better alternative to your offer, would be to make the same offer you made to this guy. At least that way they could get a partial return on their investment and it would help to keep the resale value up where it belongs. It would also make it easier for them to upgrade from an MPII to an MPIII.

If you would like I would sell one for you as a courtesy you set the price and Maybe auction it with a reserve. and when it sells go for the Gusto it should sell for $500.00+ if you add the plenum and sell it with a pulley maybe more.... I would only charge you for cost.

If you find my remarks to be an attack on your credibility, your wrong because that's not what it is. I just don't think it's necessary to shortchange the people who bought MPIIs for the sake of selling more MPIIIs.

David

Toms-SC
08-22-2005, 10:47 PM

Modified old ones 89-93.
The M90 Case gets its rear end chopped off and a new machined opening glued on.
Good core = Good blower, who wants a core were the rotors are chipped?
Coated rotors are good for about two pounds of boost as the coating reduces the leakage. They come with non-coated rotors. If you want coated rotor's ESM now offers that service, $900.

Magnum Powers
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Victor,

Cores cost $150-$200, even if they cost $350 you still have Zero risk with your offer. The value of the MP inlet plenum alone is worth more than a core. If Charles quits making them they will be worth even more, unless your supplier of cores starts selling them at cut rate prices.

I never said that you were a crook and I told you exactly why I didn't think it was fair. It reduces the re-sale value of the MPII and the MP plenum. If your supplier gets an MPII plenum and inlet plenum for the cost of a core, he has plenty of room to sell them at reduced prices as alternative to the MPIII and still make a huge profit.

Up until two weeks ago they were the hottest supercharger and plenum combo avalible, now they are worth $350 ? Actually you aren't even offering that, because there was already a core charge when they bought it.

If we were in the same room would I be asking these same questions to your face...Yes I certianly would. I'm also a business man with many satisfied customers, and selling them something on Tuesday for top dollar and then telling them is worth nothing on Friday isn't going to make any of them happy. So reguardless of your motives, I think it's bad business to allow the re-sale value of MPII to fall in the toilet for the sake of selling more MPIIIs.

I believe a better alternative to your offer, would be to make the same offer you made to this guy. At least that way they could get a partial return on their investment and it would help to keep the resale value up where it belongs. It would also make it easier for them to upgrade from an MPII to an MPIII.

If you find my remarks to be an attack on your credibility, your wrong because that's not what it is. I just don't think it's necessary to shortchange the people who bought MPIIs for the sake of selling more MPIIIs.

David

David,
I would like to see the MPII price stay up there to because a guy could then sell his MP2 for a good amount and offset the price of the MP3. I think that would be good for everyone, the guy who wants to go max and the guy who wants to make the step to the MPII that really is a good performer. In the end I think I could sell more MP3 that way. I don't think Vic is saying he would trade a wholeseller a MPII and Plenum for just a stock core, that would not make much sence. What we need is a good way to connect MPII owners to people who want them. Is there a way to do that? Like Vic said, he is only trying to sell MP3, the MPII thing is just trying to solve the problem of the guy who has a MPII and wants to upgrade.

Charles

David Neibert
08-22-2005, 11:27 PM
I don't think Vic is saying he would trade a wholeseller a MPII and Plenum for just a stock core, that would not make much sence.

Charles,

I agree it doesn't make much sense, but unless I can no longer read and comprehend the english language, that's pretty much what is being offered.

David

victor malvar
08-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Victor,

David

Hi David,

My Offer Stands. Please read carefully If you do not understand Ask me or call me.

If you would like I would sell one for you as a courtesy! You set the price and can Maybe auction it with a reserve.and when it sells go for the Gusto! It should sell for $500.00+ if you add the plenum and sell it with a pulley maybe more.... I would only charge you for cost !!!

My Instructions are as such $1800.00 for a MAG-3 Without a core. Reasons If We ship a MAG-3 and we set the price at $175.00 people may not return a core and sell it on eBay for $250.00 with stock plenum and the throttle body. I have been buying good cores! Not trash. This is the reasons. "Quote Its based on which ever case you send to them" the better the case or newer the case the better it may put out. No two blowers will put out exactly the same boost close but not exact. After they have been used. Unless you coat the rotors. The cases I have bought are in very good condition, I buy them specially from California from a gentleman who works for ABC News. He guarantees the blowers to have 70,000 miles or less.I Bought a lot of them. The Others I purchased, I bought from a guy I have known for many years and he also guarantees me excellent cores / blowers.

Now Lets Get to your main beef here. I know you respect me,and I respect you.There is no problem between us. I would hope you would look straight into my eyes or I may not think to much of you. I have told you before, If It were not for you and your Integrity and good sense there might not be to many things said straight in certain places, or right to the point. I have spoke to quite a few members and non members have told them, I would work with them. I would give them extra credit for the Magnaport 11, I then have to rebuilt it list it sell it but without an Intake it's useless. They have thank me for offering them as much as I have for their Magnaport 11. I have given them more than they expected.I have also offered My Blowers in great condition for less than $350.00 because they paid me right away and we cut the deal in a few hours.I'm not trying to make a buck off anyone. I also have 9 SC's with less than 80,000 Miles. I might want to add a Magnaport 11 to a couple? if I needed a few. I would give the buyer what I feel it's worth to me, or I offer to sell it for him / her then after it's sold I take the cost of EBay's auction with a reserve and Valuation fees and give them a credit for every penny they got for the sale, Some have wanted to go that route also and were very happy.
So I'm not pocketing a red cent for any Magnaport 11! Am I clear here? At first the rules are very strict. How can I offer it for less than what Charles has Instructed me and Bill to sell it for, The same amount.Here another point If I ask someone for their blower first, before the receive the MAG-3. They then they may not have their wheels to drive. So We Gladly refund them for their core charge once we receive the Money, We ship the MAG-3 then we wait for the Core. If they do not abide by our deal then I retain the money or I'm stuck if the Magnaport 11 doesn't sell, I have to find something to ship to the buyer I'm selling it to. :eek: Then what? I cannot deliver a Magnaport 11 which the person agreed to send me once it was sold or he backs out! I'm screwed. Some of people with deeper pockets come to me and ask me. Hey victor I'll trade yaw the Megnopart 11 even far the Mag-3 (Misspelled on purpose) I accept it right off the cuff... I do not know what I maybe getting. So By me offering the exchange of the Magnaport and Intake even swap, until I speak to that buyer, I do not know what to expect. I take that risk in many cases. Some guys I know would not screw me, but I know a few that just might and some would! Been there done that. I offer a good fair amount of money for a good magnaport 11. My cores are top notch cores ask Charles or he rejects them because Charles want the customers to get the very best he can make. Until some one calls me or emails me like they would call Bill, you do not know what I'm going to offer you for My cores ;) I talk with my customers in detail I'm going to possibly give you an awesome deal!!! I have 26 excellent cores.That's the way it goes. Now I think I've cleared this up everything If what I wrote came out wrong I have been working non stop with very little rest.My cores are not all worn our pieces of metal with horrible lobes they are top notch cores! That's It David. I'm sorry you did not call me and ask me.If anyone else who wants a very good deal on their Magnaport 11 with Intake! call me!I can sell yours If you want me to? I may be taking a chance unless. If have the money up front and when I receive the core or the Magnaport 11. I do not know what the end results will be. I hope this is clear David and everyone else! I'm not trying to screw or
de-value the Magnaport 11 what so ever... I will give you a very fair price for your Magnaport 11 or core Or I will trade it depending on the particular situation I'm open to negociate.... I want to get you into a awesome MAG 111 Or Better said a Magnaport 111 with plenum included 1450.00 + core or $350.00 Negotiable. ;) :)
As Usual,
Best Regards to you,
and everyone else!
Victor........
352-732-5013

Randy N Connie
08-23-2005, 08:18 AM
I payed $1850.00 for a MagIII with plenum plus $350.00 for core charge.
A total of $2200.00.

I did not send in my MPII because the blower was band new
that I sent to MP to be converted to a MPII.I did not send in my
stock OEM M90 because It had small scratches in it.And I think
it to be worth more than $350.00.My MPII is deffently worth
more than $350.00.I forgot but I beleive the polishing price
was more than $350.00 on the blower & plenum.

Because of the shootout rules,I bought a MagIII.But after the
OK SHOOTOUT, My polished A/R blower from SUPERCOUPE UNLIMITED
will be installed on my supercoupe bird.

The Mp blowers I have ,II & III will be installed on my
Pro-Mod Harley Davidson's the MagIII.My neighbor has a big bore,
fuel injected garden pulling tractor The MPII will be sold to
him,and installed on his puller.He is getting 120HP out of it
now with a stock M90.Not to bad of hp rating for a motor that
started life as a 10hp Kohler motor.My stock M90 will be used
for a wet flow testing bench.

I have found uses for all four of my blowers,I would think that others
would be able to do the same.Its simple.

Thanks Randy

David Neibert
08-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi David,

My Offer Stands. Please read carefully If you do not understand Ask me or call me.

If you would like I would sell one for you as a courtesy! You set the price and can Maybe auction it with a reserve.and when it sells go for the Gusto! It should sell for $500.00+ if you add the plenum and sell it with a pulley maybe more.... I would only charge you for cost !!!

My Instructions are as such $1800.00 for a MAG-3 Without a core. Reasons If We ship a MAG-3 and we set the price at $175.00 people may not return a core and sell it on eBay for $250.00 with stock plenum and the throttle body. I have been buying good cores! Not trash. This is the reasons. "Quote Its based on which ever case you send to them" the better the case or newer the case the better it may put out. No two blowers will put out exactly the same boost close but not exact. After they have been used. Unless you coat the rotors. The cases I have bought are in very good condition, I buy them specially from California from a gentleman who works for ABC News. He guarantees the blowers to have 70,000 miles or less.I Bought a lot of them. The Others I purchased, I bought from a guy I have known for many years and he also guarantees me excellent cores / blowers.

Now Lets Get to your main beef here. I know you respect me,and I respect you.There is no problem between us. I would hope you would look straight into my eyes or I may not think to much of you. I have told you before, If It were not for you and your Integrity and good sense there might not be to many things said straight in certain places, or right to the point. I have spoke to quite a few members and non members have told them, I would work with them. I would give them extra credit for the Magnaport 11, I then have to rebuilt it list it sell it but without an Intake it's useless. They have thank me for offering them as much as I have for their Magnaport 11. I have given them more than they expected.I have also offered My Blowers in great condition for less than $350.00 because they paid me right away and we cut the deal in a few hours.I'm not trying to make a buck off anyone. I also have 9 SC's with less than 80,000 Miles. I might want to add a Magnaport 11 to a couple? if I needed a few. I would give the buyer what I feel it's worth to me, or I offer to sell it for him / her then after it's sold I take the cost of EBay's auction with a reserve and Valuation fees and give them a credit for every penny they got for the sale, Some have wanted to go that route also and were very happy.
So I'm not pocketing a red cent for any Magnaport 11! Am I clear here? At first the rules are very strict. How can I offer it for less than what Charles has Instructed me and Bill to sell it for, The same amount.Here another point If I ask someone for their blower first, before the receive the MAG-3. They then they may not have their wheels to drive. So We Gladly refund them for their core charge once we receive the Money, We ship the MAG-3 then we wait for the Core. If they do not abide by our deal then I retain the money or I'm stuck if the Magnaport 11 doesn't sell, I have to find something to ship to the buyer I'm selling it to. :eek: Then what? I cannot deliver a Magnaport 11 which the person agreed to send me once it was sold or he backs out! I'm screwed. Some of people with deeper pockets come to me and ask me. Hey victor I'll trade yaw the Megnopart 11 even far the Mag-3 (Misspelled on purpose) I accept it right off the cuff... I do not know what I maybe getting. So By me offering the exchange of the Magnaport and Intake even swap, until I speak to that buyer, I do not know what to expect. I take that risk in many cases. Some guys I know would not screw me, but I know a few that just might and some would! Been there done that. I offer a good fair amount of money for a good magnaport 11. My cores are top notch cores ask Charles or he rejects them because Charles want the customers to get the very best he can make. Until some one calls me or emails me like they would call Bill, you do not know what I'm going to offer you for My cores ;) I talk with my customers in detail I'm going to possibly give you an awesome deal!!! I have 26 excellent cores.That's the way it goes. Now I think I've cleared this up everything If what I wrote came out wrong I have been working non stop with very little rest.My cores are not all worn our pieces of metal with horrible lobes they are top notch cores! That's It David. I'm sorry you did not call me and ask me.If anyone else who wants a very good deal on their Magnaport 11 with Intake! call me!I can sell yours If you want me to? I may be taking a chance unless. If have the money up front and when I receive the core or the Magnaport 11. I do not know what the end results will be. I hope this is clear David and everyone else! I'm not trying to screw or
de-value the Magnaport 11 what so ever... I will give you a very fair price for your Magnaport 11 or core Or I will trade it depending on the particular situation I'm open to negociate.... I want to get you into a awesome MAG 111 Or Better said a Magnaport 111 with plenum included 1450.00 + core or $350.00 Negotiable. ;) :)
As Usual,
Best Regards to you,
and everyone else!
Victor........
352-732-5013

Victor,

Thanks for the explanation. Had you mentioned earlier that you were offering to sell the MPIIs on ebay for the customers or buy them for your personel use at a fair price, I would not have questioned your offer.

Sure I could have called you, but that would not have answered the question publicly. And believe me there were several people who read your post and had the same understanding as I did about your offer.

As I said many times, my only concern with your trade in offer was how it would reduce the MPII resale value. Now that you have addressed that matter, I don't see any reason to continue discussing it.

David

Dick Hughes
08-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Victor or Charles:
This is a request for clarifications in the case where a stock 94 (in good condition) blower would be furnished as the core for an MP III. I assume this core would go to MP, but would it be used for the conversion? Would the better coated rotor pack from the 94 be installed in the MP III? How long would it take following receipt of the core for the completed MP III to be shipped? Thanks

Magnum Powers
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Victor or Charles:
This is a request for clarifications in the case where a stock 94 (in good condition) blower would be furnished as the core for an MP III. I assume this core would go to MP, but would it be used for the conversion? Would the better coated rotor pack from the 94 be installed in the MP III? How long would it take following receipt of the core for the completed MP III to be shipped? Thanks
Dick, A stock 94/95 case can not be used for conversion to a MPIII, I can install your 94 coated rotors into one however I will also need a stock 89-93 case for conversion. So, what I would need is a complete 94/95 charger and a 89-93 rear case or a complete 89-93 charger plus a set of coated rotors to do the job. If you need an early case I have a few or as you know Vic has a whole bunch of them.

I am running low on MPIII Plenums at the moment, I have a few more but they will be gone soon. I have 20 raw castings that will be machined this week and then they will go off for powder coat that will take less then a week to finish. If the MPIII orders are not polished they are taking about a week to get through the process and out the door.

Charles

Dick Hughes
08-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks Charles: So a 94-95 owner with a stock blower must find a 89-93 blower or pay $350 more for a core in order to upgrade to the MPIII? Am I correct?

Jason Wild
08-23-2005, 05:51 PM
victor,
you have mail I have sent you two diffent emails.

victor malvar
08-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Thanks Charles: So a 94-95 owner with a stock blower must find a 89-93 blower or pay $350 more for a core in order to upgrade to the MPIII? Am I correct?

Hi Dick,

I have plenty of exellent cores call me or email me.We can make you a very good deal. Most of our cores we buy are from a special source and we have some with very low mileage. I believe you would like the deal. WE will make the same deal to everyone. It will save you $$$
Regards,
Victor.....
352-732-5013

victor malvar
08-23-2005, 06:21 PM
victor,
you have mail I have sent you two diffent emails.

Hi Jason, I saw them. Is this about the MAG-111 or the Balancer?
I'll go check it out right away. Been awfull backed up due to this. I also Had to a couple of Doctors appointment...Sorry! You can call me, If you want or give me you phone and I can call you! Sometimes it saves some time.
Best regards,
Victor.........
352-732-5013

Magnum Powers
08-23-2005, 06:23 PM

Yes Dick, that is about it if you want the coated rotors in your MPIII. Otherwise you could sell your 95 that you should be able to get a good amount for and apply those funds to the MPIII. Some say they see 2 extra psi with coated rotors, thats about 20hp which is hard to come by with most bolt-ons so perhaps its worth combinding the two to make a dynomite blower.

Charles

victor malvar
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I payed $1850.00 for a MagIII with plenum plus $350.00 for core charge.
A total of $2200.00.

I did not send in my MPII because the blower was band new
that I sent to MP to be converted to a MPII.I did not send in my
stock OEM M90 because It had small scratches in it.And I think
it to be worth more than $350.00.My MPII is deffently worth
more than $350.00.I forgot but I beleive the polishing price
was more than $350.00 on the blower & plenum.

Because of the shootout rules,I bought a MagIII.But after the
OK SHOOTOUT, My polished A/R blower from SUPERCOUPE UNLIMITED
will be installed on my supercoupe bird.

The Mp blowers I have ,II & III will be installed on my
Pro-Mod Harley Davidson's the MagIII.My neighbor has a big bore,
fuel injected garden pulling tractor The MPII will be sold to
him,and installed on his puller.He is getting 120HP out of it
now with a stock M90.Not to bad of hp rating for a motor that
started life as a 10hp Kohler motor.My stock M90 will be used
for a wet flow testing bench.

I have found uses for all four of my blowers,I would think that others
would be able to do the same.Its simple.

Thanks Randy
Hi Randy,

How are you?
This problem we had was about a year ago over a phone number being displayed. Some one said it was you maybe to start some trouble I do not know. I have forgoten all about that whole deal my number is all over the Internet and It has been a good thing.... That's were that started. I told you then and I tell you now. It was not your fault. I have no Axe to grind with you. We never communicate, so forget about that incident... I have no problem at all you comming by my place anytime!!! Infact If you need anything or want to call great give me a shout. I do not hold anything agaist you. So Lets give peace a chance. I do not know you very well and you do not know me. So lets bury the hatched and learn to live and work together.
I hope you are doing well. Take care of yourself... Hope to meet you in Ockahoma!
Take care Dude!
Best Regards,
Victor.......

pablon2
08-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Victor thanks for continuing to promote this item despite all the twists and turns this thread has taken. I imagine it would have been easier to hang it up and say, "well, I tried". But I, and others, know that is not your style. As with most new (or improved) offerings there is a bit of confusion and/or time spent on proof of concept during the initial market exposure. But, if everyone strives to place principles before personalities we can stay on track, better understand the product, and continue our quest of making the SC all that it should be. (I know this is something you employ daily.) P.S. I can't wait to get my hands on the MagIII. :D

Magnum Powers
08-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Victor thanks for continuing to promote this item despite all the twists and turns this thread has taken. I imagine it would have been easier to hang it up and say, "well, I tried". But I, and others, know that is not your style. As with most new (or improved) offerings there is a bit of confusion and/or time spent on proof of concept during the initial market exposure. But, if everyone strives to place principles before personalities we can stay on track, better understand the product, and continue our quest of making the SC all that it should be. (I know this is something you employ daily.) P.S. I can't wait to get my hands on the MagIII. :D
Hey Paul, getting back to the product, the MPIII, it has made with the addition of 5% more pulley 54 HP gain over the MPII at 5,000 RPM with a mildly modified engine. Personally I am waiting with bated breath for some of those high hp guys to release their numbers at higher rpm. I think at long last the Super Coupe will have the power to stake out its own territory, as I believe it will be making well over 400 rwhp and nearly 500 rwtq. The Super Coupe got in my blood several years ago and why not, where else can you find a car that handles as well, is as comfortable as and has the power this thing will have with this new blower. Have you ridden around in a Mustang lately? The SC is twice the car and will beat mildly modified 04 Cobra’s, just mark my words.

Charles

Mark911
08-24-2005, 01:52 AM
The MPII added 50rwhp to my NSX over my "S" ported 3rd gen M90 (400 to 450rwhp). Towards my goal of 500rwhp I've overdriven the MPII another 10% (now approx 17,500 blower rpm at 8000 engine rpm) and I feel it’s about reached its limits and I'm at the point of diminishing returns. I'll dyno this week to see the results. I'd like to do a "back-to-back" MPII vs. MPIII comparison to see how it performs on an application other than the SC (of which I'm a fan). This would definitely be a true test of its high speed VE as well as its mechanical and thermal efficiency which others can use as another performance benchmark. Just need a bit of help from Charles and/or Victor. BTY, Victor please check your email from markchristman@boeing.com. Thanks, mark
www.mscperformance.com

Magnum Powers
08-24-2005, 07:47 PM
The MPII added 50rwhp to my NSX over my "S" ported 3rd gen M90 (400 to 450rwhp). Towards my goal of 500rwhp I've overdriven the MPII another 10% (now approx 17,500 blower rpm at 8000 engine rpm) and I feel it’s about reached its limits and I'm at the point of diminishing returns. I'll dyno this week to see the results. I'd like to do a "back-to-back" MPII vs. MPIII comparison to see how it performs on an application other than the SC (of which I'm a fan). This would definitely be a true test of its high speed VE as well as its mechanical and thermal efficiency which others can use as another performance benchmark. Just need a bit of help from Charles and/or Victor. BTY, Victor please check your email from markchristman@boeing.com. Thanks, mark
www.mscperformance.com
Hi Mark! I sent you email. I think you will be making something north of 500rwhp with the Mag-3 as it breaths a lot better then the MPII at higher RPM's. Travis at Fast Specialties picked up 30 hp over the MPII with his Mag-3 running the same overdrive ratio (about 15,000 rpm) which is slower then you are running now, so I'd say you would pick up more then that since you are spinning yours a lot faster. When Travis upped his overdrive ratio by 5% he gained just about 5% more hp, which shows the MPIII is still running very efficiently at that rpm.

Charles

victor malvar
08-24-2005, 10:08 PM
www.mscperformance.com

Hi Mark,
I agree with Charles. I believe that 500 rwhp is achieveable. We have been overdriving it 5% and going up slowly to get numbers at varios stages and also rpm So far the number I have seen have all gone north as we increase the % of overdrive and rpm these numbers are impresive.We will advise soon. We are very confident of what this MAG-3 will do.Thanks for the Information!
I'm sorry but I did not receive your email. I saw this post and called Charles then emailed you a little bit ago.Very Impressive sight.We have a small hurricane heading our way. If we do not reply right away,It may be due to more power outages, or our satellite could be down temporarily due to bad weather. We have our back up batteries charged so hopefully we will stay operational.
regards
Victor....
352-732-5013

Payton
08-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Only 350$$ for Mag II???? :eek: Somebody's getiing ripped off big time!

I would like to buy couple blowers for these price? :eek: Anybody?! :o

SilverCasket
08-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Well, if I'm right, a MagII With a Rebuild is only like seven hundred & something. .. So, 350 for just a used magII ... Well, think about it. That's about what it could go for. .. Don't think anyone would be getting ripped at that price.. Just my opinion.

Anthony

pablon2
08-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Well, if I'm right, a MagII With a Rebuild is only like seven hundred & something. .. So, 350 for just a used magII ... Well, think about it. That's about what it could go for. .. Don't think anyone would be getting ripped at that price.. Just my opinion.

Anthony

Agreed, most MagII have been overdriven AT LEAST 5%. Reason being, the owners of them bought them for increased performance so of course they are gonna overdrive them 5%-20%. This is hard on the blower over time and most likely would require a rebuild. But, my MPII has only 90 miles on it. Maybe I'll get more for it? I guarantee it needs no rebuild! :D

XR7 Dave
08-25-2005, 12:26 PM
The reason I would take a Manaport two is for those blowers that are still rebuildable and have the Intake because there a no other Intakes being made.

Class, for those who weren't listening, Victor said he would accept rebuildable MPII's with plenum or stock blowers in "acceptable condition".

Victor later said that he would "offer a good fair amount of money for a good magnaport 11." So really you are all just making noise at this point.

:)

Micahdogg
08-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Victor, you advertise too much and you are now taking advantage of people by robbing them of their MPII's. And your slams at Dave were uncalled for.

Both Dave and Charles are one of the most honest people the SC community has ever known....and you are F*cking that all up dude. Quit hustling the community and Charles...why do you want to affiliate yourself with this guy?

Micah

Toms-SC
08-25-2005, 02:10 PM
This thread has been de-railed and needs to be closed.

al35thsc
08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Class, for those who weren't listening, Victor said he would accept rebuildable MPII's with plenum or stock blowers in "acceptable condition".

Victor later said that he would "offer a good fair amount of money for a good magnaport 11." So really you are all just making noise at this point.

:)

Lets see:

1. I can sell my MP II with plenum for the reasonable price which they were going for a few weeks ago (a grand and change) and buy a core to send to the manufacturer for the MP V.3.0.1

2. Have a middle man sell it for me, and use the $ to buy a core and the rest towards the MP V.3.0.1

or

3. Give it to the middle man for use on his own cars and he gives a good core to the manufacturer and I get a "fair price" towards the MP V.3.0.1

I think we all know the answer there.

Victor, you advertise too much and you are now taking advantage of people by robbing them of their MPII's. And your slams at Dave were uncalled for.

Both Dave and Charles are one of the most honest people the SC community has ever known....and you are F*cking that all up dude. Quit hustling the community and Charles...why do you want to affiliate yourself with this guy?

Micah
Amen, brother Micah.

Micahdogg
08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh whatever....you can't just close a thread when I post. Everyone can nibble nibble nibble at what's on their minds. I state it and now it's been derailed. This thing was derailed SEVERAL pages ago. For crying out loud.

And in the event this thing does get closed....you can say whatever you want at tbu. That goes for ANYONE.

Micah

Toms-SC
08-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey,

I've got an idea. If you have a problem with the way Victor is going to treat MPII sales, how about you don't give him your MPII and sell it privately? :) It seems like a easy solution to such a big problem. Big shocker here :eek:

Don't like store = Don't shop at store

pablon2
08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
This thread has been de-railed and needs to be closed.

I agree, the stuff being posted here is BS and it's best left on the playground as this sandbox has gotten too small for y'all. Someone who has the authority to do so should close 'er.

al35thsc
08-25-2005, 02:33 PM
*looks at Forum Description*

This forum is designed to allow sellers to discuss new products and services they offer with potential buyers. New products and services can be discussed as well as potential products and services that are being considered by sellers.
Why does everyone want to pull the Thread Lock™ out when people express their concerns that a service a vendor is providing isn't all its cracked up to be?

Toms-SC
08-25-2005, 02:35 PM

Why does everyone want to pull the Thread Lock™ out when people express their concerns that a service a vendor is providing isn't all its cracked up to be?

They could express their concerns in a more mature manner then calling Victor a theif?

al35thsc
08-25-2005, 02:39 PM
They could express their concerns in a more mature manner then calling Victor a theif?
Quote where they call him a "theif." :confused:

Toms-SC
08-25-2005, 02:44 PM
advantage of people by robbing them of their MPII's.

I would like to continue this discussion but there is no point to it.

pablon2
08-25-2005, 02:47 PM

I understand that the purpose of this forum is for a productive discussion. I did see some good information shared initially and I felt I better understood the MagIII's potential as an upgrade for me. However, the problem is that there has been little "discussion" while people "express" their viewpoints. Rather, this "expression" has been in the form of attacks and counterattacks. People are not expressing their viewpoints of the product in question, rather they are expressing their viewpoints of other people. Consequently, the MP3 development and discussion thereof was at a loss. It saddens me to type this, but I am feeling a rift in the SC community. One that I have not felt before, or at least was not blatantly aware of while growing amongst the other mushrooms in the dung and darkness.

Randy N Connie
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM

I am starting to like Al.REALLY NO BS.If I was gay I would give you a hug.

RANDY

Micahdogg
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
On page 12 Victor said, "It's called freedom of expression!...SCCoA Is place for helping!"

I'm all about helping the community.

Micah

P.S. Randy's not gay?

XR7 Dave
08-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Agreed, most MagII have been overdriven AT LEAST 5%. Reason being, the owners of them bought them for increased performance so of course they are gonna overdrive them 5%-20%. This is hard on the blower over time and most likely would require a rebuild. But, my MPII has only 90 miles on it. Maybe I'll get more for it? I guarantee it needs no rebuild! :D

I was responding to this in a completely mature and reasonable way. I merely stated that Victor's original offer included the MP inlet plenum. You overlooked this important fact and instead perpetuated Silvercasket's miss-statement about the trade in.

In fact with an MPII + MP Plenum trade in (assuming $350 core value) you are not even getting anything for the blower, but rather $350 for the plenum. We all know that MP plenums will always sell for at at least $400 giving Victor the opportunity to recover all of his expenses out of the plenum even if the MPII itself is junk.

I also find it rather funny that you guys are making comments about the MPII's being "driven hard" at "15-20%" when Charles has made it clear that the MPIII is designed to be driven even faster than that. Are we to assume that the MPIII's will be worn out quickly as well? I don't think so.

I wouldn't have even bothered to mention that since I really don't care to be involved in any MPIII discussions, but I don't like the perpetuation of a miss-representation of the facts as was happening above.

David Neibert made if very clear with his discussion with Victor that regardless of blower condition, a $350 core for an MPII and plenum is a great deal for Victor. Victor then indicated that if the MPII was in excellent condition a better deal of some sort may be arranged.

I don't think this is crooked and for all I care Victor can have all the MPII's ever made. Heck with the inevitable devaluation of the older M90's maybe the day will come when no one has a "stock M90" anymore. The real question is whether or not you people are ready for the performance that is just around the corner. Are we/you going to be willing to support the products and technology that takes your SC beyond 400rwhp? Remember, bone stock bottom end 3.8's have eclipsed that number without breaking a sweat. Are you going to be ready for 500rwhp, 600rwhp with nitrous?

I dont' care what happens to MPII's. :cool:

Magnum Powers
08-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Wow, I go away for a while and come back to see all this!

Hey guys I have spent a lot of time and money developing this product for you all to hopefully have some fun with not to create a war or what-have-you. For $1450 you have a charger that can make some very serious hp, so far 54 over the MPII, that is huge!!! I was hoping you all would have some fun with it not get mad.

Vic is a dealer that has gone out and purchased a bunch of cores to make it easy and convenient for those who want to take him up on his offer. This is America, the home of the free; no one is forcing anyone to take him up on that offer. You are free to sell your MPII for a grand or so and pick up a core from Ebay or a wrecking yard or a friend or what ever. A lot of guys like dealing with Vic, if you don’t we also have Super Coupe Performance and Fast Specialties who sell our products or you can purchase directly from MP, lots of options here.

I got a call just this morning from a shop who has a customer with a 04 Cobra (4.6L 4V motor) that just dyno’ed at 398 rwhp, he has a pulley, full exhaust and we could take him or at least keep up with our 10 year old 3.8L V6 T-Bird, I think that is cool. :cool: I think we have a great car here, why don’t we enjoy it?

Charles

twoblownfords
08-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Thanks Charles for putting effort and time into making more parts for these cars. That takes lots of guts. Its sad that most of these folks here just complain about money and gains. If you dont have the money to go faster so be it dont talk the parts down. And if you buy the parts buy the right parts and tune to go with it and you will have the gains. I dropped in the past year $2000 in a upraded rebuilt aod, $1700 for new ford sc motor, about another $700-900 on misc stuff exhaust rad. $1200 for cobra wheels and tires thanks folks in the state of washington. Im not complaining i know if you play the game it will cost you so i dont complain. That mp 111 looks awsome and with my tuning ability im sure it will work fine. Thanks Charles and at least charles will talk and talk on the phone about performance and makiing power, Try getting kb, and other big companies is a joke.

Duffy Floyd
08-25-2005, 06:51 PM
I believe this thread has run its course. No need to allow it to continue as the relevant information concerning this product is already posted. It is now up to those interested in making a purchase to do so. For those who are not I suggest you drop it.