90 Engine wiring harness

ShawnSC1

I have a 90sc aod without ERG valve. The old motor was not in the car when I got it. The engine I have now, is from a 90 sc 5speed with EGR valve.

My question is can I use the engine wiring harness that has an EGR valve hook up. And another thing is this connector, there even if you don't have an EGR valve. This is a little grey connector. Reason I ask this is because I picked up a wiring harness off a local member and hes 100% sure its off a 91sc aod without EGR valve. It has that grey connector for the EGR valve.

Well seems like nobody can help out on this one.

So maybe somebody has a spare or torn down engine. If you do and its a 89-91 aod without EGR valve. Then can you please check your engine wiring harness at the back of the engine, in the middle for that grey connector. It is connected with the fuel injector wiring harness.

Heres a pic.

Attachments

• wiring connector grey.jpg
    wiring connector grey.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I have taken EGR Valves and DPFE senosrs out of 89 and 90 cars, but not put them back in. That plug is for the DPFE sensor which has a vac line to EGR Valve.

unclenick said:
I have taken EGR Valves and DPFE senosrs out of 89 and 90 cars, but not put them back in. That plug is for the DPFE sensor which has a vac line to EGR Valve.

My EEC is factory set as a 90 aod without EGR valve, and my new motor did have an EGR valve and that DPFE you are writing about.

When you removed your EGR valve and DPFE. Didn't you need an EEC tuner?

I have a '90 AOD, and yes the harness has the connector for the EGR but I don't have EGR. I'm assuming the EEC itself has been set up to not look for the EGR valve. On my intake plenum, there is a plate that covers where the EGR valve would go.

I would think using the harness you have is not an issue so long as you use your original EEC.

Frit

Back