Belt too big after Underdrive Pulley Install

rickbtbird

Hey,
I just installed my aps under drive accessory pulley set and my serpentine belt is almost hitting the water pump pulley. The clearance is way too close for comfort :confused:. Funny how they don't mention it when you order the pulley set. Can someone who knows show me what belt I should get?

Last edited:
Read the instructions...I think it says after completion fold the sheet of paper in half, and if it slides thru you're fine.

Looks to close for comfort, yet that was how it was made so I would worry to much.

-Tim

Tim Groth said:
Read the instructions...I think it says after completion fold the sheet of paper in half, and if it slides thru you're fine.

Looks to close for comfort, yet that was how it was made so I would worry to much.

-Tim
Instruction? Didn't come with any!

You could use some spacers in between the A/C and the bracket its bolted to. That will move the A/C pulley out away from the center of the engine, and should give you the fit you are looking for.

Also there are only 2 sizes you can get for our 8 rib large belt. Not alot of opions for us on this.(belive me, I tried)

Back