The site is looking stagnant. Is Ron D. still around?

SeanMatteson

I know that personally I sent in some updated pics of my car to have some old ones replaced on my member's page, but that was two or three weeks ago, and they still haven't been changed. The car of the month is still from June '05.

I know it's Summer time, and I know that everyone has a life outside of this club, including Ron and George and Duffy, but is everything OK? This seems to me to be the longest time that stuff like this has been let go.

Are we getting any closer to having more members become involved to take at least some of the burden off this team of three?

...Just curious.

Best regards,

Sean

Last edited:
Sean, I know Ron has just completed a move from NY to PA not long ago, as well as getting a new job lined up. I imagine he's still busy with that stuff.

When we had our SCCoA dinner at Carlisle on the Saturday evening this year, there was a deafening silence when Duffy asked for volunteers to help with the club. Hopefully someone is able to help Ron with the web stuff if his schedule doesn't allow him to devote the needed time to the site.

cheers
Ed N.

Sean, I'm not quite sure what kind of update you would like. I can keep reporting no updates, but that is not very helpful. We have discussed this in several other threads and we are behind on web stuff. I'm trying to get in touch with Ron so we can address the issues. One of us will report back as soon as we have new news.

I believe this is a short term issue (Ron has been webmaster for many years) and not necessarily related to increased volumes. Once we get caught up then we will have time to see about getting help if needed.

Thanks, Ed and George.

I really wasn't talking about updates with respect to what's happening with the club in general. George, I assume you're refering to the changes with respect to an elected executive, etc.

I just noticed that the Member of the Month was way out of date, and that many members, including myself, have sent in changes like new dyno numbers and track times, or pics for our member pages without any reply or action taken.

...That's specifically what I was wondering about.

I wasn't at the SCCoA dinner in Carlisle, so unfortunately I wasn't aware Ron, George or Duffy had solicited help with the web stuff until now.

George, could Ron, Duffy or you send me an email outlining what sort of skills you're looking for in a helper? I might be able to lend a hand. I typically have a pretty tight work schedule, but if a few people are able to step up and assist Ron with this stuff, it might make it more manageable.

Best regards,

Sean

Before I start getting the nasty-grams in my email box, we have had general offers of help from several SCCoA members. Right now, I think the 3 of us are still in the mode of figuring out how to use help effectively and also how to avoid the disasters some other sites have had in having help really mess things up.

The specific web things with Ron are temporary in nature and when those get back to normal, he can better evaluate what type of help he can use in that area.

It may not be obvious, but help will be selected and discussed among the membership ranks. Once we come up with a path we are considering, we'll post stuff in the member's area. I have a few issues for discussion that I hope to get a decision on coming up shortly. Duffy and I are also trying to schedule some time to talk and to get back on track. It is harder to run an all volunteer army than I once imagined. Plus when you do finally get help you don't have much control over them except to let them go and then train a new one! LOL

Fair enough. I'll try to keep an eye out for this.

Thanks for your response, George. When you're talking with Ron, please give him my regards. I appreciate that he's probably snowed under pretty bad, and it's hard to do this stuff plus have a personal life to boot!

Cheers,

Sean

Stagnant Are you kidding... I think just because your picture aren't up, doesn't mean stagnant..

Take a look at tccoa.com not to mention the serious attitudes from people/moderators over there...

This site is awsome... people are friendly helpfull..

I spent probably 2 years trying to figure out which site I was going to pay a membership too...

I am NOT an member at tccoa..

Karl

XR7 said:
Stagnant Are you kidding... I think just because your picture aren't up, doesn't mean stagnant..

Take a look at tccoa.com not to mention the serious attitudes from people/moderators over there...

This site is awsome... people are friendly helpfull..

I spent probably 2 years trying to figure out which site I was going to pay a membership too...

I am NOT an member at tccoa..

Karl

Karl,

The title of my thread here was not in reference to the forums themselves. We never seem to have a problem with fresh posts on a daily basis.

Instead, I was referring to the website (www.sccoa.com). The Member of the Month is still from June. It's now September. Yes, I've emailed the folks running SCCoA.com to ask that some updated pics be posted, but I agree that's a minor thing.

Anyway, as I understand it, Ron DiPaola has been preoccupied lately with personal matters, and there's no telling how soon we'll see things refreshed on the website. It has been almost another full month since the last activity under this thread, and I haven't seen any changes yet.

As a side note, I'm glad you decided to join the gang here at SCCoA.com on the forums! Welcome!

Cheers,

Sean

Signs of life...

It looks like Ron or George or someone updated the Member of the Month finally!

I hope this is a sign that things are getting back on track.

Cheers,

Sean

I am getting there... by the end of this month I think things will be back to normal, I have a ton of pictures to add, I will eventually get to them all.

-Ron

That's great news, Ron!

...I hope that things are getting back on track for you, outside of the forums too.

Take care,

Sean

blkthndr said:
I am getting there... by the end of this month I think things will be back to normal, I have a ton of pictures to add, I will eventually get to them all.

-Ron

Ron,

Are you getting close on this? I still haven't seen the updated pics added to my Member's Page. I just thought I'd check in case the original email got lost in the shuffle.

Best regards,

Sean

Thanks, Ron!

...Got your message this evening, and found the updated pics have been added.

Thanks a bunch!

BTW, you've got mail!

Cheers,

Sean

Back