Factory 5 racing

Tony8470

So since the car is done for, I've been thinking of taking the engine and putting it into a kit car. http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/roadster/roadsterkit.html
They use ford 302's and since the 3.8 can bolt to a T5 and mounts to the same place as a 302, I'm thinking.........why not?

This is an idea I've been playing around with for awhile now cheap fast car thats absolutely unique. Almost like the SC just alot faster.

The kit starts out at like 12gs but you need a mustang to swap the rest of the drivetrain out as well as some other things. You can get the stuff from f5 (control arms and such) but the price goes up from there. BTW...what happened to your car?

Chris

Totalled trying to avoid a collision when the brakes failed.

I don't NEED an stang for the swap, Ebay is my best friend for car parts. There are guys that also have the IRS from SC's installed. I don't think they are factory 5 models though. The thing that pleases me about these cars is the price. Unique car with the bare necessities that goes fast and handles well. I could even go to the mustang aftermarket if I felt like tinkering with it.

SC rear already installed huh? Sounds cool. There are about five or six of them around here but all of them are solid rear.

Chris

Of the cobra kit cars that use the Tbird IRS, they use the 7.5in rear out of NA 3.8s not the 8.8 pumpkin that we have all gotten to know over the years. One of those kit cars would be a blast to build and drive. There are some people around where I live that have them. One had a 460ci in it and they was even one I saw with a Viper V10 stuffed in it. Someone has already beat you to the 3.8ci V6 in one, though its not a Ford 3.8 V6, its a GM Grand Nation turbo V6. I would like to build one when I get my own house and a big garage someday.

Shane

quick35th said:
Of the cobra kit cars that use the Tbird IRS, they use the 7.5in rear out of NA 3.8s not the 8.8 pumpkin that we have all gotten to know over the years. One of those kit cars would be a blast to build and drive. There are some people around where I live that have them. One had a 460ci in it and they was even one I saw with a Viper V10 stuffed in it. Someone has already beat you to the 3.8ci V6 in one, though its not a Ford 3.8 V6, its a GM Grand Nation turbo V6. I would like to build one when I get my own house and a big garage someday.

Shane

no, they use the ford 8.8. my neighbor is doing one from factory 5 and he has the tbird supercoupe stuff.

lowflying90 said:
no, they use the ford 8.8. my neighbor is doing one from factory 5 and he has the tbird supercoupe stuff.

Hmm thought I read somewhere where it was the 7.5 rear. I always wanderd why they would the smaller 7.5 over the much stronger 8.8in rear. I must be thinking of miatas with 5.0L conversions done to them. They use the 7.5in rear instead of the 8.8in rear because of lack of room. Now a miata with 300rwhp would be killer.

Shane

Yep, I regularly sell complete SC IRS assemblies (with the 8.8" centersection of course) to guys building the Factory 5 race cars.

7.5" centersections are practically impossible to sell.

-Rod

lowflying, is he doing the engine as well? I'd be interested in talking to him since you are only about 40 minutes away from me.

Back