Crap in IC Piping/Intake.. Bad blower?

rallystang

I recently purchased a 'SC Kit' for my Mustang... The IC Piping/Intake is caked with crap. I know this could have been a problem with the PCV Valve... But am skeptical about putting this blower on my car if it may have a bad seal somewhere. When looking into the blower 'Intake' I can see a small amount of oil around where the rotors mate with the sc housing at the snout end.
How do I know if my blower is worthy of installing? I don't know the mileage... It spins freely...

I plan on cleaning the Piping\Intake with Spirits\"painters solvent brew" opinions?

Thx
Trev

When the one on my wifes car went out it leaked out the snout seal. Made a mess on the outside of the case and after checking the fluid it was low.. As far as the stuff in the intercooler piping that is common for these cars. When I pulled the intercooler on mine there was some oil in it but it is common. If it is spinning freely and not making a grinding or marbley sound then it should be fine. But that is just my .02 cents...

rallystang said:
I recently purchased a 'SC Kit' for my Mustang... The IC Piping/Intake is caked with crap. I know this could have been a problem with the PCV Valve... But am skeptical about putting this blower on my car if it may have a bad seal somewhere. When looking into the blower 'Intake' I can see a small amount of oil around where the rotors mate with the sc housing at the snout end.
How do I know if my blower is worthy of installing? I don't know the mileage... It spins freely...

I plan on cleaning the Piping\Intake with Spirits\"painters solvent brew" opinions?

Thx
Trev

rallystang said:

Thx
Trev

Normal will be fine.

Jeff

That oil comes from them PCV valve. Worn rings on a boosted motor increase the volume of oil that shows up, but even with tight rings, some oil ends up going through the intake and sc. It tends to condense as it goes through the intercooler and pools in the bottom tube.

Back