looking for a basic computer chip upgrade?

6UndrPressr

i was wondering if anyone offers a basic chip upgrade for an 89 xr7. i have a GN myself and know that they offer basic chips depending on your injectors that alters the fuel. timing, fan turn on and some other stuff. do you guys have a cheap basic upgrade chip for these cars for a little more performance?? im just looking to install one that alters the basic stuff, thanks

There really isn't a basic chip out there that goes anything good for your SC. SCT tuners can tune the EEC-IV, and the better guys can take your dyno chart with a/f and come up with a chip and mail it to you. They can take into account any injector upgrades you do, or other mods you might do.

The best option though is to find a way to get to a dyno tune event one of these people put on have them tune it on the dyno. they can really tweek the system then and maximize your investment.

Contact XR7 Dave via his e-mail address (see the contact me link)
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/member.php?u=32 He's been doing wonders with these cars and is a SCT tuner.

thanks for the info i had read about hte dyno tune sessions but my buddy has no money really for one of those so we are looking down a cheaper route with a basic chip....mustangs have the superchip you can buy at the dealer, gn's have a basic chip program as do some other vehicles we are just looking down that route at this time

6UndrPressr said:
thanks for the info i had read about hte dyno tune sessions but my buddy has no money really for one of those so we are looking down a cheaper route with a basic chip....mustangs have the superchip you can buy at the dealer, gn's have a basic chip program as do some other vehicles we are just looking down that route at this time
There are no chips that alter fan speeds for less than $279. That is what a basic chip is through me.

Back