Professional Products TB for SC

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I am not sure who is offering them, but pro-products now has the correct bellcrank for the SC on their throttle bodies.

I read just after I got my NIB mustang TB that they were making SC TBs, but the first run had some kind of problem???

After seeing the pics, of the modification required, I figured that it would look alot nicer if I get the correct one from them, rather than tacking it up myself.

So I called them to see what they would charge to swap my stang TB out with a SC TB. I told them I got it NIB off of ebay and still, they said they'd swap it no charge! They didn't even charge me shippin' :eek:

I sent it to them, and they must have sent the SC TB back out the same day because it got here in less than a week from when it reached them UPS.

Looks real nice too!!!

These guys were very friendly, and this kind of service will not go unnoticed in the future. Unless I see some REAL bad review, I'm gonna be leaning awfully hard towards their products in the future!

Attachments

• tb.JPG
    tb.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 219
Hey they dont come chrome or what? I just bought one over on ebay from a mustang pretty cheap.. and its chrome.. I see urs is polished though.. Hey do you know if they can just sell that one part only... or swap it out on the throttle body I bought, it anit new or anything like that.. By the way could you give me their info. so I can contact them..
thanks,
fred

hmm what is Professional Products and where did you find them? I have never heard of this company before.

Shane

Professional products has been making intakes for the 5.0 mustangs for years. The make one called the typhoon that is clearly an edlebrock knock off. On thier intakes, they dont always have the best castings in the wolrd. However, they are freaking CHEAP (in price, not quality). I dont know anyone that has used one of thier throttle bodies, but really there isnt that much they could screw up on one.

http://www.professional-products.com/

I know one of the local speed shops has a whole crapload of pro-products intakes, and some other stuff as well.

He said they've only carried them for a couple of months, and he's sold alot and people appear to be happy with them.

They loo noce at a glance, but I didn't really study them for casting quality... But there again, I wasn't in the market for an intake manifold for a SBC either.

sizemoremk said:
http://www.professional-products.com/

I know one of the local speed shops has a whole crapload of pro-products intakes, and some other stuff as well.

He said they've only carried them for a couple of months, and he's sold alot and people appear to be happy with them.

They loo noce at a glance, but I didn't really study them for casting quality... But there again, I wasn't in the market for an intake manifold for a SBC either.
What is the name of the shop that carries them? I dont know any shops around Bham that carries there products other than Seco, and dont go to them for anything unless I have to.

joker12552 said:
Professional products has been making intakes for the 5.0 mustangs for years. The make one called the typhoon that is clearly an edlebrock knock off. On thier intakes, they dont always have the best castings in the wolrd. However, they are freaking CHEAP (in price, not quality). I dont know anyone that has used one of thier throttle bodies, but really there isnt that much they could screw up on one.

Oh ok now I know the company that you guys are talking about. I remember seeing that Typhoon intake manifold on ebay lots of times while looking for 5.0L parts.

Shane

joker12552 said:
What is the name of the shop that carries them? I dont know any shops around Bham that carries there products other than Seco, and dont go to them for anything unless I have to.

Same here up in Huntsville, seco carries their products, but seco is just rediculously high IMO and the guy here is a dick. I honestly don't see how they stay in business.... I guess there are just enough impatient folks that will pay the penalty for buying locally.... Thats the onyl reason I'll buy anythign from them, when I don't want to wait on summit or jegs...

Like I said in the first post, I don't know who carries these TBs for the SC. I dealt directly with pro-products. I got a stang one on ebay, and they let me trade it to them for a SC one... My stang one was not usd but was an open box from ebay.

I don't know who can get you a SC one, I just wanted to make sure people know there is another source for SC TBs now, besides the $$$$ BBK ones...

I checked on ebay, and found a distributor.Then I called them and verified that they can get them for the supercoupes. Prices on a 75 mm sc throttle body from http://www.blueovalindustries.com/

$145 polished
$125 satin

Compared to spending $290 on one from bbk, I think I am gonna grab one.

Last edited:
joker12552 said:
I checked on ebay, and found a distributor.Then I called them and verified that they can get them for the supercoupes. Prices on a 75 mm sc throttle body from http://www.blueovalindustries.com/

$145 polished
$125 satin

Compared to spending $290 on one from bbk, I think I am gonna grab one.

Do they make anything else for SCs?

Shane

quick35th said:
Do they make anything else for SCs?

Shane
Not that I saw when I looked at the professional products web page. It would be awesome if they would start making inlet plenums at a decent price. Unfortunetly the supercoupes dont have near the owner base that mustangs and camaros do, so it is going to be hard to convince them that it would be a worth while business venture to develop other products for our cars. The throttle bodies are easy because all they really had to do was change a few things on an already existing design, but intake plenums and so forth would have to be developed from scratch (or from another companies design).

Last edited:
I asked them about a balancer, and they said they'd need to 500 ordered to make em....

I also asked them about what kind of numbers they woud nee to make on other custom castings, and they never really got back with me on that, I was thinking the same thing. I might call them again.

sizemoremk said:
I asked them about a balancer, and they said they'd need to 500 ordered to make em....

I also asked them about what kind of numbers they woud nee to make on other custom castings, and they never really got back with me on that, I was thinking the same thing. I might call them again.
Balancers they could probably sell 500 of the considering the cost of a bhj. I would imagine they would sell quite a few inlet plenums as well.

joker12552 said:
Balancers they could probably sell 500 of the considering the cost of a bhj. I would imagine they would sell quite a few inlet plenums as well.

Well I assume they would need an order for 500, and I doubt that any of the SC vendors would want to order 500 balancers!

I would imagine that less woudl be involved in an inlet plenum, particularly is someone could fab one up as their guide, I would think they coudl sell a 75mm version with a bigger "tube" and bigger SC inlet. But who know, I sure don't have the skill to make them a model...

I would think someone with a tube bender and a tig could make some inlets pretty cheap though; but I won't mention any names....

I looked through their catalog.
Polished 75mm TB for supercoupe is PN 69232
Satin 75mm TB for Supercoupe is PN 69233
I'll call blueoval tomorrow since I don't know of any distributors around me.

Back