need advice !!

beeturbo

hey fellas ive gotta 90Sc its my 2nd one and im aware of how tight they r to work on and a total pain to replace head gaskets.i just replaced my head gasket and drove it 3 days and the oilpump quit and seized the engine on my way to work..i have a spare engine that i can rebuild and then just install it but im really afraid because ive heard that supercoupe3.8's have weak bottom ends ans that the cranks will start rattling kinda ez... so im wondering will i be better off to just instal a 5.0 V8 andjust be done..

well, when I roasted the motor in my bird, we were going to do this type of swap. Yet, we decided to give the bird another chance at SuperCoupe ness....

Or engine builder enformed us that the 3.8l supercharger will make more torque for such a heavy car. He said that If we wanted the bird to run the same time's or quicker to go with another 3.8. He says it would be harder and a lot more expensive to work on the 5.0

This could really just be his oppinion.. Why rape the bird of the Supercharger? It is what make's it so cool, and fun to drive :rolleyes:

I beg to differ, It is sooooo easy to make a 5.0 (302) really fast, cheap and reliable(yes I did say the "R" word).

beeturbo said:
ive heard that supercoupe3.8's have weak bottom ends ans that the cranks will start rattling kinda ez...

First off ..sorry to hear about your bad luck...that sucks but don't give up on these engines ok... ;)

Second I don't know where you heard these bottom ends are weak but whoever told you that has no clue about what they are talking about...(your case excepted there Nick ;) :rolleyes: ) ......I don't know alot but I know that these bottom ends are damn near bullit proof...They are probably one of the best you can buy....Stick with the 3.8 if you wanna stay true to the SC it's more expensive to mod but it "IS" a good solid bottom end!..juss my .02

Rick ;)

Last edited:
Back