What pulley is best for a new BHJ balancer

J

Joisey Jim

I just wanted some opinions before doing the BHJ balancer install. I made some calls locally (southern NJ) and can't find a machine shop to re-balance my stock crank pulley. So is my only option to buy an underdrive pulley set in order to get a neutral balanced crank pulley? And, is the underdrive crank pulley that much different in size that I have to use the underdrive water pump and alternator pulley in order to re-use the stock belt.

I have stock sized crank pullies in stock as well. Also have the kit with the crank pulley, water pump pulley and alt pulley.

Ryan A Harris said:
I have stock sized crank pullies in stock as well. Also have the kit with the crank pulley, water pump pulley and alt pulley.
Ryan, Do you have any 5% alum. jackshaft pullies for sale?

Joisey Jim said:
I just wanted some opinions before doing the BHJ balancer install. I made some calls locally (southern NJ) and can't find a machine shop to re-balance my stock crank pulley. So is my only option to buy an underdrive pulley set in order to get a neutral balanced crank pulley? And, is the underdrive crank pulley that much different in size that I have to use the underdrive water pump and alternator pulley in order to re-use the stock belt.

When I installed my BHJ balancer I put on a set of ASP underdrive pulleys at the same time. Never had any problems with them.

Shane

Back