Will N/A 3.8 motor as a motor swap?

Terry Again

Hi, My first post her so be gentile on me for stupid question!! :D I'm looking at maybe buying a 90SC and just in case there's someting wrong with the motor I wonder if I could get a non-SC motor from the JY and rebuild it and put it in using the SC super charger parts? Or is there great differences between them? Like better crank and rods,and bigger,better valves etc....?
There are no SC's in JYs around here and shipping motors is risky you may end up with worse than you have already.
Thanks for reading and any replies,

Terry :confused:

Terry Again said:
Hi, My first post her so be gentile on me for stupid question!! :D I'm looking at maybe buying a 90SC and just in case there's someting wrong with the motor I wonder if I could get a non-SC motor from the JY and rebuild it and put it in using the SC super charger parts? Or is there great differences between them? Like better crank and rods,and bigger,better valves etc....?
There are no SC's in JYs around here and shipping motors is risky you may end up with worse than you have already.
Thanks for reading and any replies,

Terry :confused:

You can, but it wont last long, there are several differences between the N/A and the S/C block, heads, and several other things, tryto do a search on here and you will find out alot of info.

Derek

Terry there are many things that are different/better on the SC motor. Rebuild what you have or buy a used SC motor.

David

Cool Thanks for letting me Know,I guess that's what I figured
Now I wonder can It be done to replace the bearings in the bottom end with the motor still in the car? I don't have a hoist or know someone that does And I guess I'll check out the classirieds to see about maybe buying a motor with that terrible HG disease 3.8s seem to have! :rolleyes: :)
Thanks for the replies guys,

Terry

you will have to pull it...

Terry Again said:
Cool Thanks for letting me Know,I guess that's what I figured
Now I wonder can It be done to replace the bearings in the bottom end with the motor still in the car? I don't have a hoist or know someone that does And I guess I'll check out the classirieds to see about maybe buying a motor with that terrible HG disease 3.8s seem to have! :rolleyes: :)
Thanks for the replies guys,

Terry
There is no way to get the pan off with it still in the car. well maybe I better redo this, if you drop the "K" member you could do it. That would be more work than pulling the engine. Also you would still have to come up with a way to hold the engine in place while you drop the "K" out of the car.
You are better off renting a picker, or find someone to help you on this job... Good luck and have fun with your new car........Rich

Back