Alarm Systems

Digitalchaos

I would like to take opinions of the current best aftermarket alarm systems available for these cars. I am currently researching to buy one, and have a price target of 400 or less. Also, I am trying to find information about the sensors which detect a person within a given range of the car. Apparently these sensors use radar, and are common on convertibles. I would also like to add one of these to my car; it gives more warning in case of vandalization. Your help is appreciated.

I have an Alpine 8080 that was installed when the car was new 11 years ago. Works perfectly but I don't think they make them anymore. The one thing they told me was NOT to install a shock sensor. They always go off from loud noises etc. Get the glass sensor and what ever else you need. Also get the best alarm you can... nothing is more annoying than a cheap alarm always going off.

Car Alarms

I just picked up a new car alarm for the SC. My neighbor had it on his car (Pictured) and he said it worked great.

He also said that if you want to, you can take it off of the car and put it on the porch ..... it then becomes a "Home Security System"

What do you think, He want's 200 bucks, i told him I wanted to try it out before I bought it!!! (hee hee) :p

Attachments

• car alarm.jpg
    car alarm.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 203
The model number is K9-4 :)

He says it's sold under the Brand Name of "Gaurd Dog Security"

Last edited:
They have a model for import cars too ........ You can tell it's for imports because it has a wing on it! (See Photo)

Attachments

• shih_tzu.jpg
    shih_tzu.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 156
Not sure if you purchased an alarm yet but I could lend you some info considering I'm in the business of selling them :) . Get a Viper or Clifford period. Dont get anything else. Trust me on this. Someone above said not to get an impact sensor, rather get a glass breakage sensor. I do not agree with this. Glass breakage sensors are just mini microphones that listen to the frequency glass breaks at. They ALWAYS false alarm. Radar sensors (or prox sensors) are the same thing. They always false alarm too. Especially in the summer. All alarms have impact sensors so you really dont have a choice. But thats not a bad thing. If installed and set properly, you shouldn't have very many if any false alarms. let me know if you need any more info.

Last edited:
Alarm System

I would have to agree with bigcletus94 on going with a Viper or Clifford. They have excellent reliable products with many optional features that you could add on. They even make the radar sensor. A good thing about this company is that you will be able to find replacement parts (if needed) in the time to come, and you'll find them pretty much anywhere, They are reliable products.. atleast in my opion...

Back