What is going on with my SC?

89SCK@t

I noticed my car was running a little rough, sputtering in 1st alot, then slight sputtering in 2nd, and a hesitation in 3rd...Nothing after 3rd. I have changed the wires, and cam sensor, DIS, Coil Pack. I haven't changed the crank sensor because it wasn't doing this when I changed most of the electronics from my XR7. I get to Panama City and it's starting to have some problems.

Working at Big 10 Tires today and I was able to use an Oscillascope(sp?). The plugs firing on my driver side were firing somewhere between 4-6k volts, and the passenger side was firing at 10-16k volts.

The voltage was measured from the coil to the spark plug...the wires.

I changed the O2 sensors (switched them) thinking it might be a lean condition, or something like that. Got the same reading only opposite.

Would it be the O2 sensors? I really don't want to buy something that I don't need. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Stephen

At this point it would be best to do a KOER and cylinder balance test and see what the EEC can tell you. :cool: If you suspect the O2 sensors, just unplug them and run w/o. You will get a CEL telling you that the sensors are not working, but the EEC will compensate and the engine should smooth out. :cool:

Last edited:
well if you swiched the o2 sensors and the problem moved to the other side, it seems safe to say you have a bad O2 sensor, doesn't it?...... I'd raplace them both though unless you know the 'good' one has been changed recently.

Back