PDA

View Full Version : just replaced the head gaskets and having trouble.

BiguglyTodd
08-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Ok My friend has a 1993 supercoupe. manual.
we replaced the headgaskets, and now it has a hard time staying running at low boots condition. we have check the intake bolts, re tighten them, we have checked the o2 sensors, the injectors and for vaccum leaks and plugged exaust. none of it has helped. Its as if the superchargers is running the wrong way. Any ideas as to where to look would be much appreciated. Hell If you can diagnos it correctly i will even cook you a steak, provided of your attendence.
-v-

Tin-Knocker105
08-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Does it idle OK
How did you check for vac leaks, spray with choke cleaner or what?
Pull the plug wires off the coil one at a time and make sure they make a difference when off.
I just did hg's and had a hard time with the plug wires falling off the plugs.

Tony

TbirdSCFan
08-13-2005, 05:38 PM
:cool: Properly reseal your intercooler tubes. :cool: and don't be to embarrassed when it fixes it.. its happened to all of us at least once. :o
Do a forum search on IC tube reseal to get to get some tips and hints. You can use the teflon tape or a variety of sealants. Copper RTV works great and sets up fast.

JMVaught
08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
I agree with TbirdSCFan completely. When one of these leaks you've got a huge vac leak. Yes, it has happened to me as well when I did my HGs. Seal those tubes and you should have it straight.