Piston Rings or Valve Seals?

DriftingThunder

Okay, I seem to need some help. I was nearly certain for awhile that I fried some piston rings but I was told it's possible my problem could just be valve seals.

Symptoms: When driving car will eat oil fairly rapidly. After any operations involving over 3000 rpms, oil smoke will exit the exhaust. The car fouls brand new middle driver side plugs the moment you floor it (and sometimes even if you never do). If I pull the brand new plug out, it's covered in oil. When driving now, it drives like crap, and then drives like worse crap should I exceed 3-4 psi (weird huh...).

Any thoughts? :confused:

TIA

Rings

DriftingThunder said:
The car fouls brand new middle driver side plugs the moment you floor it (and sometimes even if you never do). If I pull the brand new plug out, it's covered in oil.
Andy, With that much oil, it's almost certinly rings. How did you manage to fry the rings?

68COUGAR

I had the same exact problem with my car middle drivers side plug #5 it was the rings.. The car ran good with a new plug but the plug only lasted maybe 10 minutes...

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
I had the same exact problem with my car middle drivers side plug #5 it was the rings.. The car ran good with a new plug but the plug only lasted maybe 10 minutes...

NICK
That's what I had figured...

Well I guess I should start buying parts for the rebuild and tearing down the motor. Feelin the need to bore it out too. ;)

Back