Exhaust Mods

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Let met toss an idea around with you guys and see what you think.. I don't have to worry about smog testing so I am wanting to ditch my cats and have new downpipes made.. Also I have a 1 chamber 3" in 3" out flowmaster i am thinking of putting in place of the resonator and leaving the stock mufflers.. Will I end up with a horrible ricey loud sound or will it not be much louder than stock and pick up some horsepower?? I don't mind a little loud on the outside i don't want somthingt that is loud inside and sounds ricey.. Would my best bet be to leave the resonator alone? or would the flowmaster in place of it smooth out the sound enough for it not to be raspy on the tailpipe end?

Jacob_Royer said:
Let met toss an idea around with you guys and see what you think.. I don't have to worry about smog testing so I am wanting to ditch my cats and have new downpipes made.. Also I have a 1 chamber 3" in 3" out flowmaster i am thinking of putting in place of the resonator and leaving the stock mufflers.. Will I end up with a horrible ricey loud sound or will it not be much louder than stock and pick up some horsepower?? I don't mind a little loud on the outside i don't want somthingt that is loud inside and sounds ricey.. Would my best bet be to leave the resonator alone? or would the flowmaster in place of it smooth out the sound enough for it not to be raspy on the tailpipe end?

I'm thinking (don't quote me) that if you remove the resonator and just leave the mufflers, you're going to end-up with a lot of rasp. Although if you put another muffler in place of the resonator (that's what you're talking about, right?) I would think it would be toned down.

I really like the sound of my exhaust, just some hollowed out cats with a flowmaster system from the cats. Flowmaster resonator and mufflers, it sounds very nice. It's quiet, but not too quiet and it sounds very v8ish... only a lot quieter than a v-8 of course.

It's better that way, sounds good just driving around town, but when you get on it, then you can hear lots of blower whine :D

Although when my girlfriend hears it from a distance she asks why it sounds like a power steering pump :mad:

Back