Pulling the Engine - Motor mount ?

JT93SC

I'm about to pull the engine on my 94 SC. I just have a few tranny to engine bolts to remove and then I'll hook-up the puller. From what I can tell, it looks like there is only 1 bolt I need to remove on each of the Engine mounts, is that correct? Does anyone have any other tips or suggestions before I hookup the puller. Thanks - Jim

that is correct, one bolt through each mount will allow you to split the mounts and pull the engine out of the car, after all the other items are removed.

Uh... One on the passenger side. Driver's side has two. One through bolt and one attaching the mount on the upper side of the mount.

Found out it was 2 on the drivers side

Thanks guys - I actually got the engine out last night. I found out there was 2 on the drivers side when I started to lift the engine and only the passenger side lifted. The only issue I had was the engine didn't want to seperate from the tranny. I was able to get a screwdriver in where it seperated a bit on the left side and then I tapped it and made my way up top and around to the right side and it finally let go. I'm getting a full rebuild with Head Porting and a new Cam and Springs. I might actually be able to drive the SC again before the snow flies!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Back