New fuel pump and Flowmasters

blksn8k

Well, since my original fuel pump was giving up the ghost (really loud) I decided it would be a good time to upgrade the exhaust. I had to drop the old system anyway to lower the gas tank. No sense putting the 16 year old stock system back on, right? :D
I installed a 190 lph pump from MN12 Performance. Summit Racing had the Flowmaster system in stock and they are only 15 min away. Took about a day working by myself without a lift. The exhaust is pretty tame at idle and sounds decent when into it. Not ricey at all.
Will these changes allow me to go to a higher boost pulley setup (2-3 lbs more) without worrying too much about head gaskets? The car is an 89 SC with 77k on it. :confused:

I have the flowmaster system and I think it sounds even better after a couple thousand miles. I'm running a 12% OD pulley but I only get around 12 psi boost max I think due to my altitude. Did you replace the cats? You may want to do that before the pulley just to be safe. I replaced my head gaskets already at about 108K. The exhaust and the 12% pulley got me almost 1/2 second off my quarter mile. Also think about getting an intercooler fan if you go any more than 5% OD cause the stock intercooler gets hot! An IC fan is a good investment for any pulley though. I found a small 10" electric fan at the junkyard for $10 and it pulls air pretty damn good.

Back