high idle speed{2000 rpm}

Aussie

Firstly hello from Perth Australia.

I am currenly looking at purchasing a 4x4 that is fitted with a Thunderbird 3.8 supercharged V6 this engine has a very high idle speed aprox 2000rpm the seller has been unable to fix the fault and is selling it quite cheaply he has had both the Airflow meter and ECU checked and they seem too be ok any idea what might be the fault?

These engines were never released here in Australia and getting info on them has been quite difficult.

Any help would be appreciated
regards Simon :) :) :cool:

the only times mine idled high was bad iac , and one time i had throttle body and maf off without unplugging the battery, it idled at 2000 for a week till i unplugged the battery for 10 min to reset it then it was fine

thanks for the help

i had a good look at it today and boy this guy has been playing bigtime with the wires and it seems like it might be the IAC but i will also try resetting the ECU.

Has anyone got a complete engine wireing diagram that they can email me?

rangieau@westnet.com.au

thanks for all your help.

Simon

my chiltons book shows a good wiring diagram but its at the shop if nobody sends it to you let me know ill try to bring it home tomorrow and scan it

rlong said:
my chiltons book shows a good wiring diagram but its at the shop if nobody sends it to you let me know ill try to bring it home tomorrow and scan it

That would be great if you could send it. :D

Back