Engine Codes

Geevaaa9112

I tested my 93' sc for engine codes, and i came up with a 212(spout to EEC) and a 10(cylinder 1). COuld these be related? ANy suggestions on how to fix this problem? and could the 10 just be a spark plug fouling? any suggestions are appreciated

Geevaaa9112 said:
I tested my 93' sc for engine codes, and i came up with a 212(spout to EEC) and a 10(cylinder 1). COuld these be related? ANy suggestions on how to fix this problem? and could the 10 just be a spark plug fouling? any suggestions are appreciated
I guess you are using the code reader, aren't you? As fas as I remember, code 10 is just a separation code and really doesn't mean anything. ;) As for 212, what does your car do???Any problems with it while driving???

Payton said:
I guess you are using the code reader, aren't you? As fas as I remember, code 10 is just a separation code and really doesn't mean anything. ;) As for 212, what does your car do???Any problems with it while driving???

Sometimes when i try and start my car it wont start right away, the starter makes noise but it seems like its loosing electrical power some how.(seems like a loose connection of some sort, so i changed the battery terminal connectors), and when it does start the tach wont come on for a couple minutes. The check engine will be on, and then when the tach kicks on the engine light will go away. My car has a new alternator and battery.

212 code

Geevaaa9112 said:
Sometimes when i try and start my car it wont start right away, the starter makes noise but it seems like its loosing electrical power some how.(seems like a loose connection of some sort, so i changed the battery terminal connectors), and when it does start the tach wont come on for a couple minutes. The check engine will be on, and then when the tach kicks on the engine light will go away. My car has a new alternator and battery.
my car did the exact same thing this afternoon just out of the blue .i started it after work, no prblem and drove to w mart about 2 miles away when i got back in 30 minutes later it would crank but no start . after several attemts it finally started but check engine light was on and no tach function.i drove car to autozone and had the codes read 212 came up on the reader as well as 214 and 124. after test i started car no problem tach worked fine and i drove home car seemed to operating normally.i have noticed car seems to cut out at low rpm under acceleration but only intermitingly.i just replaced alternator, new o2 sensors, recent new head gasgets with ported heads . car has 100000 miles.

I just ordered a DIS for my car, im gonna try that, if that doesnt work then im gonna try the cam sensor then tps......its weird how one little thing can make SCs run like crap........but thats what u get when u got an electronically controlled car, thanks for the help guys

Back