Fywheel bolts

turbospeed

i remeber reading here that when you swap flywheels you need new flywheel boots , well , theyre going to start puting my engine together this monday. do i need new flywheel bots because they removed the flywheel.

also they removed the cluth ( i dont know why) will i need a new slave cylinder?

turbospeed said:
i remeber reading here that when you swap flywheels you need new flywheel boots , well , theyre going to start puting my engine together this monday. do i need new flywheel bots because they removed the flywheel.

also they removed the cluth ( i dont know why) will i need a new slave cylinder?
Flywheel bolts should always be replaced. It's not something to skimp on.

Wey, te va a costar un webo encontrarlos. I looked for these bolts about two months ago when i changed my clutch/transmission. I went to teh big parts houses here in the US...autozone, advanced and to a few small places. Most didnt carry them, the ones that did gave me ones that didnt fit. The last place i went to was NAPA, who didnt have them but could order them. I decided just to re-use the old ones. HOwever, the guy at napa gave me the following part number and i think these might have fit: 615-1564. Thats for one "CARD" which is a fancy word for pack-o-six. If you dont have access to napa o si estas en mexicalpan de las tunacas, this is what I got from Ed N. as far as dealer part number:

"The flywheel to crank bolts are discontinued as well, but there is still some stock showing in the Memphis depot. P/n is E2TZ 6379 A, M10 x 1.0 x 24 mm long."

Suerte carnal!

You should replace the bolts although I did not on my new clutch job and haven't had any problems, 6,000 miles later

I checked in my Ford Service Manual and it did not say anything about discarding the Flywheel bolts when removing and reinstalling .. I was wondering about that.
I thought it was the Torque Converter Nuts that should not be re-used ?

Back