bypass valve vacuum hose

7birdslater

Hello all. I just bought my 7th MN12 Thunderbird, and my 2nd Supercoupe. My first one was a 93 and under aftermarket warranty, so I didnt mess much with it other than plugs, wires and stuff.
My current bird is a 90 anniversary SC that I picked up for really cheap. It hasnt run thus far, but im troubleshooting that bit by bit, starting with a DIS module that I had to put on the car, it didnt come with one as the owner claimed that was the problem.
After an underhood inspection, I found that the bypass valve at the back of the supercharger has no vacuum hose connected to it. I also found an open vacuum line on the drivers side by the hinge, but no hose. Can anybody trace this hose from the bypass valve and tell me where it goes? Thanks!

Took these one day, watch the red highlighted line. Good luck with the car.

bypassthree.jpg

bypasstwo.jpg

bypassone.jpg

bypassfour.jpg

Thanks!

Thats the hose thats missing towards the drivers side hinge also. Thats the only thing under the hood that looks like its been messed with. Now im off to piece together a hose.

It Lives!!!!!!

Well I got a battery in it today, and poured a few gallons of fresh gas in it, filled up the dry radiator, and after jumping the solonoid it fired up in a giant cloud of smoke. Thats when I realized I had wedged the throttle open a bit to see if it would start yesterday. It had full boost and met the rev limiter in no time. I ran around and shut it down, removed my throttle wedge, and she started right up again. It doesnt make any strange noises, but has a bit of a miss at idle that goes away under throttle. It did get better after about 5 minutes of running, I assume it was learning over again. Added some transmission fluid, and left two black streaks down my driveway and a grin bigger than texas on my face :D

Now I just need a radiator, clean the IAC, new plugs, replace the 1990 plug wires, oil and filter, trans fluid and filter, tires, and she will be ready to test out the road. I also need to fix the temp guage, the engine wasnt overheating, but the guage didnt read anything. Not bad for a 400 dollar SC...

Back