sc nightmare

redryder19

I noticed that my recently purchased sc was leaking some gas saturday evening and thought hey i should have that looked at so i drove it down to the auto repair shop and drop it off. I thought it was just going to be the o-ring seal. This morning i awake to the voice of my mechanic "Steve" telling me that i am one lucky bastard for not of having blown up. He said my fuel pump was completly melted and my top off my gas tank was started to melt, he said all the surrounding harnesses just fell off as soon as he took the gas tank off. He said my car should be ready by tomorrow evening after they send it to the exhaust shop to have everything welded back on due to a little bit of the rust (i purchased it from a northern owner) anyways nuff rambling. I am just curious to see how many of yaull have had this happen to yaulls sc's. Ill be up in OKC area going to college when the super coupe shoot out happens so i am very pleased to only have to drive 20 mins to it. I have never been before and it sounds like it will be a good time.

I had a non-SC Thunderbird which needed a new fuel pump at about 150k, and its harness wasn't melted at all. Maybe it's the higher-volume pump of the SC which pushes it over the edge. Or could it be climate? I'm in Pennsylvania.

Whatever the case, I don't want to end up with this problem.

My 90 and 93 wasn't like that!

Something to look out for though!

But I do have a 255 on the 90 now, so I'll have to check it out!

Hmmm, high resistance in the connection perhaps leading to the heat. The one on my pulled 93 tank looks o.k.

I just replaced my pump with a 255 in my '90 SC and I'm glad to say I saw nothing like that on my wiring! phew.

Back