lower boost pulley

Pulleyboys.com can make you one for about $80 or you could use a 94/95 blower pulley if you have an 89-93. Why do you need to lower blower speed?

Jeff

It depends on overall drive ratio. What is the crank diameter and what is the engine displacment?

Jeff

i think that will still be to high i was thinking for 5 to 7 psi i sent a email to pulleyboys.com hopefully they can help me out

pulleyguys returned my email they said they have lots of pulleys but dont know what the boost will be, is 4inches exactly what i need

According to my calculations you should make 6.8psi with a 4" pulley as measured at the top of the ribs.

Jeff

This thread:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54113&highlight=excel

Has a couple spreadsheets in it that people have made up for cacluating pulley needs and net RPM. You can use them to get % underdrive for a given pulley diameter change. Once you have that number you can search around and see what's available.

I don't know if the GTP motors use the 8 rib belt, but if they do, they may have a pulley that'll down grade your boost output. They (or at least many years, don't know about now) don't have an intercooler so they run less boost than we do and they are direct drive, no jackshaft. Thus the pulley size is likely larger than ours.

Just use the 94/95 pulley and not be stupid with the accelerator... unless you think your N/A will breath better with a rod through the block.

Ryan Harris

Have you talked to Ryan Harris about making you a pulley? I know he's on the forum.

One more thing, that 4" pulley is gonna require a different belt. Good NEWS though, ZERO belt slippage!!!

I didn't see any mention of an IC. Are you using a SIC/DIC? If not, have you figured out how to route the blower discharge to the intake manifold?

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back