what MAF to get

trife86

hey guys well im lookin into gettin a maf for my 89, i was thinking the 70mm maf will be good upgrade, i dont want to go with the lincoln maf i hear people run a bit more rich with that, i also hear there was a 93SC 70mm maf which is differant than the 94-95maf?

im running stock injectors i was just lookin for a cheap upgrade.
which maf will work best for me
i have full exhaust and 5% sc od, now im working on intake

Get a C&L 76mm that way you can upgrade later, you can buy them brand new for less than $150.

If you use a 70mm from a SC then use your electronics and swap them to the new MAF. You won't have any problems that way. As far as I know all the 70mm MAF bodies off of SC's are the same.

Jeff

my 89 runs great with the 70mm with the bridge cut out and hole drilled slightly bigger . i think it was from a newer tbird or tempo it was only 5 bucks at the junkyard, and i put my old 55mm electronics in it

Last edited:
I think most of the people that have tried that mod have run lean and had problems down the road. I know it's not recommended.

Jeff

mine does not seem richer or leaner but im just going by a voltmeter hooked to my stock 02 sensor and my 02 sensors have over 200k miles on them so maybe thats why mine doesnt seem lean at idle it reads about .5 volts at wide open it goes up to .8 or .9 volts. i can also tell it goes into open loop about.8 volts at about 4 pounds of boost so if you guys wanna save gas keep it under 4 pounds of boost

Last edited:
would it be worth it to get a maf right now with the little amount of mods i have, i belive i know it wont be much of a gain noticeable but not much, i figure now i want maf than TB ?

i put mine on with stock tb and it helped so then i got a 60mm tb i just took the 60mm tb plate from a newer 4.6 and honed out my old tb so it would fit runs great

Might as well but buy a real MAf. Most anything you do will will be fine with a 76mm MAF.

Jeff

Back