slipping OD pulley

speedfreak

I have a Racer Walsh 2.81 OD pulley. I has come to my recent attention that this thing is slipping badly. The pulley is aluminum, and I was thinking about cutting grooves across the ribs and using a belt that has those additional diagonal grooves (forgive me, I forget who makes them) I have seen pulleys sold like this, but not for out cars. I am using the belt that came with the pulley, and it seems very tight. Would cutting the grooves be a waste of time. I almost figure I got nothing to loose.........opinions????

It will work but will wear out the belt faster. You could use a larger idler pulley and the Gatorback belts.

Jeff

I don't follow? Larger idler pulley.......you mean the one on the tensioner, to get the belt to wrap around the blower pulley more?

speedfreak said:
I have a Racer Walsh 2.81 OD pulley. I has come to my recent attention that this thing is slipping badly. The pulley is aluminum, and I was thinking about cutting grooves across the ribs and using a belt that has those additional diagonal grooves (forgive me, I forget who makes them) I have seen pulleys sold like this, but not for out cars. I am using the belt that came with the pulley, and it seems very tight. Would cutting the grooves be a waste of time. I almost figure I got nothing to loose.........opinions????
Either the steel tensioner pulley or smaller belt may work. Depending on your pulley, both but the belt might be harder to install.

Back