Is ram air safe for a SC

no164ford said:
I was thinking about doing ram air in my SC. Is it safe? and is it worth my time messing with?
I dont see where it would be a problem as long as the air is filtered as well as and flows as much as a stock setup.

Because ain't it bad to ram air into a car when you are not giveing it gas, would it make it run lean? Or is that just the old cars? For instance a Cowl induction hood only opens at full trottle right?

Not all cowl systems work like that only a few. Besides it doesn't matter anyway, that's what throttle plates are for. It won't make a car run lean at all must be some kind of wives tale.

Jeff

Well I think I will try it I am going to the track this weekend and I want to see what it does with and without, I guess we will see if I come home on a flat bed with a bucket of parts that came out the side of my block LOL!! It would not be the first time.

no164ford said:
Because ain't it bad to ram air into a car when you are not giveing it gas, would it make it run lean? Or is that just the old cars? For instance a Cowl induction hood only opens at full trottle right?
No, no more than it would to let off the gas when going down the interstate. Either way, you maf would still be reading the amount of incoming air, vs load and rpm and calculate the amount of fuel needed.

You can't ram air into a supercharger. It will not spin any faster. You can create a cold air intake which is a great benefit.

You can by using a scoop to funnel the air into the system. It's not that it makes the SC spin faster it allows a more dense charge of air into the engine.

Jeff

I used to have a scoop leading right to my intake and it didn't "ram" anything. I noticed no power gains or faster quarter miles and it's no different than me just puting the cone filter in the fender well. i regret wasting my time and money on such a stupid idea. :rolleyes:

Back