That time of the month for my girl again... or time of year...

burge

This post might be a bit lengthy/boring/stupid questions may and WILL be included. so if you dont care already please dont read it you will only hate me in the long run.

Well i've had my sc for about 2 years now. The first year it ran great untill fall. It started to miss and chug under 3/4-full throttle. Had other problems too but i'll get to that in a bit. On start up if it was bellow 50 out the car would idle realllly ungodly low and shake horribly and often kill without some babying. Also the damn thing seamed to eat antifreeze. thought it was a HG but their was no smoke. no puddles. none in the oil. no sign of where it was all going. parked it for the winter and took it back out for the summer.

She ran great! No problems whatsoever. nice idle. no missing/chugging. never had to touch the antifreeze.

now its getting cold out again. car chugs at 3/4 to full throttle but it starts just fine. anti is missing but i found something. the top of my overflow tank actualy was wet and drippping the other day when i checked it after the idiot light came on.

also wtf is the horrid sqeek that comes from my car when i let off the clutch on cold mornings... almost sounds like a whale or some ~~~~ is trapped in my tranny.

ok i'm done. if anyones got anything... please feel free to post..

Sounds like you are getting clutch chatter, which in turn probably means that you need to start thinking "clutch replacement".

Head gaskets! My car used coolant but had no smoke, none in the oil, but it would puke out the overflow tank. The noise maybe a throwout bearing issue. My suzuki had the same issue.

J57ltr said:
Where are you that it is getting cold??? It's a freaking oven here.

Jeff

Northern Wisconsin about an hour from MN. by cold i mean like 60-70ish in the mornings and nights (i work graveyard lately). well its about time to park her again for the year and i planned on doing the HG's anyhow so its a good thing i already have that on my to do list.

Back