Stereo

nhlcreation

I just bought a stereo 52.5x4 watts. I put it in my car but I have to turn it way up to hear it and when the cd's came out they are hot. I know that I need somekind of amplifier. I heard somewhere that the ones that say premium sound by the stereo have built in amps like the bose systems. Mine says premium sound but I couldn't find the amp turn on wire. I think I might need and adapter that plugs right into the harness. Can anybody give me a little more info on this? Thanks

Well First of all, what name brand and model is the stereo. Second, Does the car (i am assuming its an SC) come with the JBL Premium sound ?? and if it did, did you cut the wires ??? If it has the JBL premium sound (and you didn't cut the connectors) there will be two connectors. One connector is rectangular and the other is a square type.. if it has this set up buy a "Ford Premium Sound Harness Adaptor". They come with instructions and tell you howo to set it up...

I checked the wires today and I found a square plug and a rectangle plug. Do you think circuit city or best buy would have a Ford Premium Sound Harness Adaptor? Thanks alot.

thise places do have the right harness but they will charge you through the nose. I actually found the same harness at wallmart for under $20 good luck

Thats good. well you will need the premium connector. Circuit city and Best Buy do carry them, but don't buy it from there unless you want to get charged an arm and a leg... 20 bucks is the most you should pay for the connector. If i remember correctly i think i saw one a few days ago somewhere around my house... What state do you live in, maybe i can get you that one .....

another thing!!!!

If your using the existing speaker wires and wiring them up to your aftermarket stereo, you need to get the amp bypass harness. you install it in the trunk where the factory amp(s) are. You just unplug the two connectors going into the amp and plug the bypass harness into them. The harness basically just replaces the amp. To me it sounds like that is all you need to do!
Also, It is probably normal for your CD's to be a little warm when they come out....
hope that helps you...

I was looking in my trunk today. The person who owned the car before me had an amp bypass wire on there, so I plugged the wires back into the amp. I did buy a scosche adapter
(model FAI-3) but it didn't work with the bypass or without the bypass. I this just not the right model? I installed a peripheral adapter in my girlfriends bose system and it was very loud, it was great. Do you think I should go for Peripheral? Even with the factory amp plugged it gets pretty loud and the cds don't come out blazing hot.

Does the FOrd Premium sound Adapter cut the signal strength coming out of the aftermarket deck? I have a deck that puts out 4 X 45 watts and it is hooked up directly to the wires that I assume run to the amp. I have the JBL premium sound and with the current set up the sound distorts at moderate volumes. Do I have to bypass the amp or does the adapter take care of it. If I do bypass the amp do I lose the subwoofer?

Thanks for your help

I'm having problems...

ok, I think I'm having problems similair to other folks here, and was hoping someone could help me out. I bought an aftermarker cd player (panasonic) and bought the ford premium sound adapter from my local car audio shop. I've hooked up many cd players in cars before, but not with this premium sound mess. I hooked everything and stuck the cd deck in. However, when I went to the trunk, to hook up the amp bypass, I got really confused and frustrated quickly. When I'm lying in the trunk, I see only two wires coming out of the amp. I pulled one, a smaller square type, and another, a rectangular type, just wouldn not come. It seemed to be attached with some type of cord in the middle of the rectangular. Anyways, I was having a terible time seeing, and getting my hand up next to the amp. Now, I'm not getting any sound out of my speakers, yet my cd deck powers up and looks to be putting out sound, yet I get nothing. I assume this is because I messed with the amp. Can anyone help me figure out this problem? Thanks

In order to get a good look at the amp you have to get it out of the black plastic rack that it's on. It's to hard to really explain how to do this. There are 2 connectors that go to the amp, if they are both plugged into the amp the input connector (that comes from your cd player) is the one facing away from you, and the output connector (goes to your speakers) is facing you. Disconnect the connectors by pussing a little button attached to the connectors and pull the connectors out. Then just connect the input connector the 1 end of the bypass and connect the output to the other. I know this might not help that much. If you still can't get it plug the wires in like they were before and try it or ask somebody at circuit city or best buy, they would know. They might even do it for you.

Well, I messed around with it quite a bit tonight, with no luck. So I think I will have to stop by the car audio store that sold me the parts and see if they can't help me out.

Back