Valve sorings,pushrods and roller rockers?s

YoshiRSC90

Hi guys!!
Valve sorings,pushrods and roller rockers....
Can I expect any HP gain by replacing them with performance parts??
If so which size or ratio should I get???

Thank you

Yoshi

Not too sure on all of the theory of cam centerlines and pushrod alingments etc. But a general rule of thumb is that Changing over to a more aggressive ramp on the camshaft will increase HP due to the fact that the valves will open quicker.

Now, other parts have to be upgraded to handle the stress such as the rockers, springs and pushrods. The main way for these parts to "increase" the HP in the engine is by using lighter materials. Lighter weight valves, Springs, Rockers and pushrods require less force to actuate them. So this in effect increases crank HP by reducing parasitic drags on the camshaft.

Another good upgrade is to go with roller rockers. Instead of the flat metal sliding on the valve stems, it uses a roller tip, this reduces friction and heat buildup and ultimatly will feel up HP.

As far as rocker ratio is concerned, the SC already uses a 1.73 ratio. I think Dr. Fred is using a 1.80 ratio, so this will amplify valve lift. But if you're going to be lifting the valves that much, make sure that you're springs are up to the task, otherwise they will go into coil bind.

Thank you!!

Thank you for the replies!!!
You guys are so great!!!
I guess I have to look for other way to get some horses....
Yoshi

Back