How much boost???

jorgehernan

Need to know about the SC boost

Hi. I am installng a eaton supercharger M90 in my V6 mustang 1996. I want to know How much boost does the stock pulley 1990 SC gives?? 8, 10 or 12 psi??

Last edited:
1990 SC has ~12-13Psi of boost, with the original pulley...

Thanks. I need it to know. I also installed ported heads, a camshaft (.216,.226), fuel regulator, injectors, MAFS, Diablo Chip, exhaust and 3.73 rear end. I will install the supercharger and see what happens. Thanks again.

Have you done anything to the bottem end? If not, it wont last very long... especially with high boost #'s.

chris

SweetSc, What you mean about that?? I am new on this and I do not undrestand. My knowloge is very limited. Sorry, could you explain me about that? Thanks

Basically, internal engine components must be strong enough to handle the extra compression brought about by a supercharger. You can read about what changed were made to the Supercoupe engine so it would handle the m-90 here: http://www.sccoa.com/articles/everwonder.html . Components that would need upgrading in that engine include the crankshaft, rods, pistons, heads, and others. Some have considered installing the entire SC engine into the modern 6cyl mustangs to avoid costs of rebuilding the stock mustang 6. I am unfamiliar with their results..

Count on only about 7-8 psi with that cam. I assume you are using an SC computer and ignition system as well because the supercharger will not clear a distributor. The SC computer program is nice because it compensates for things like boost and detonation. I would not use an overdrive pulley with the Mustang engine, but other than that I think that it could work ok as long as you keep the boost under 10psi. My stock SC with no cats makes about 10-11 psi. The more open your exhaust is the less boost you'll make which is actually a good thing. Also the ported heads and cam upgrade will also drop your boost potential.

Ok . I am going to tryu to explain my self. But you have to undrestand that my English is not veru good. I already installed the supercharger on my V6 Mustang. We (my mechanis and I) made an special part with a presision tool to adapt the supercharger on my Mustang using just one belt. It is working good but it just giving me 8.5 psi boost at 5,200 rpm. Also the supercharger rpm at this motor rpm is 11,700. When I read the specification from Eaton, they tell me that the M90 supercharger can delevery 7 to 11 psi at 8,000 to 12,000 superchager rpm. So I am thinking if I change all my pullies to a SC thunderbird pullies and use 3 belt system maybe I can get from 11 to 13 psi on my mustang. Is this ok (my calculations) ?? and do you think I have to buy the SC pullies and bracket?? Sorry for the long explanation.
Oh I forgot to tell you my modifications. Ported and polished heads, exhaust (H pipe) with just 2 cathalitic Dynomax converters no offset inlet, camshaft .216,.226 , adj. fuel regulator, 170psi intank fuel pump, 24 lbs MAFS and injectors, permacool radiator fan, 3.73 rear end, eaton supercharger and intercooler.

10psi

to do this i killed the front bearing and seal and leak fluid.

still good for a ton of power. hopefully next summer i'll do a dominion I rebuild.

Back