89016 pullies???

Are you running stock belt sizes? If so, you should be able to get it on. Put the belts on the accessory pullies first and slip them onto the tensioner pulley. They slide onto the tensioners.

If you're running shorter belts for anything, that could be a problem, especially the SC to Jackshaft pulley.

I bought the same pullies and the sc belt wouldnt go on also. I am assuming the diameter is larger on the 89016 versus the stock plastic crap. I didnt check prior to throwing the old pullies away. I had to leave the tensioner loose to get the belt on the pry the tensioner to where it locks in place and tighten it up. There is no slippage. The belt it somewhat too tight.

Dahoopd said:
I bought the same pullies and the sc belt wouldnt go on also. I am assuming the diameter is larger on the 89016 versus the stock plastic crap. I didnt check prior to throwing the old pullies away. I had to leave the tensioner loose to get the belt on the pry the tensioner to where it locks in place and tighten it up. There is no slippage. The belt it somewhat too tight.

thanks i'll try that. and the original pully is a little smaller,i didnt notice until i took it off, but thanks again i hope that works

Yes for some reason the stock SC pulley is smaller than the other 2, so when you buy a replacement set the SC belt is going to be tighter. If you have a 5 or 10% blower pulley then you can atleast go back up to the stock belt size 080392/3 if needed. However, if you are all stock it is gonna be very tight and, likely wear out quickly & throw a lot of belt dust. As already mentioned the best way to get the belt on is definitely to place it over the 2 ribbed pulleys and, then lift it over the tensioner pulley - in order to do this you need a nice slim 18mm wrench that'll allow you to release the tensioner while sliding it past the belt & you have to put the wrench on first.

Back