superhot AC

Sharon Silver

I am still having problems with my AC going into superheat mode. It occurs if the car is shut off and turned on within a short period of time, and it occured when the code reader shut-off the compressor. Something is causing the heater door to open and not shut and I can't figure-out what. It will only close after the car has cooled completely. When I start the car in the AM, I put the AC in max at 60 degrees (any other setting will cause it to go into heat mode,) and it will go into heat mode but because (I think) the engine isn't hot yet, it will close and the AC will work very well as long as I don't touch the controls or as noted above. Somebody please help.

Blend door

Maybe this will give you something to read until someone who knows for sure what the problem is can respond!
There used to be a sensor (looked like a thermistor) that was used to determine the temp of the interior air. The system would use that value, compared to the setting used for your auto climate control and then use the "blend" door to maintain the set temp in the vehicle. The air conditioner compressor ran all the time and put out cold all the time. The blend door would (open slightly) add heat from heater core if interior was too cold. Reverse if to hot inside.
I have had to chase that same tbl with too much heat. If the wire (2 wires to connector on thermistor) gets pulled loose, (if someone has been playing around behind the dash, or the tube that goes from thermistor to pull interior air from somewhere on dash front (small hole in front or dash somewhere in middle or around glove box top frame, gets pulled loose, then system "thinks" interior is too cool and opens blend door to add heat. Seems that the system will default to open blend door (or whatever adds more heat!).
I think that ford has used that system for their climate control feature for years. I have not had to replace any bad components (sensor/thermistor), just make sure all wires/tubes are hooked up. ROR!

YB

Back