Help with a SC conversion please(Gaskets)

rallystang

I am installing one of your beloved m-90's on my stang. Which gaskets do I need? I am not pulling the heads. Lower intake, SC to TB, Intercooler, thermostat housing, lower intake to IC piping... Anything else? Also, I cant find the gaskets that go in the IC Piping, do you guys use silicone? Is there a kit that includes all of this? Autozone was absolutely no help(what a shocker).

Thx.
Trevor

I can only help you out with the IC tubing. Wynn makes gaskets for these things, which I have to get around to buying, but most people use RTV just to seal them up. It really gets to be a pain after a while, taking them off, cleaning the RTV, putting on new RTV, etc. Just get the gaskets, and you'll be happy.

rallystang said:
I am installing one of your beloved m-90's on my stang. Which gaskets do I need? I am not pulling the heads. Lower intake, SC to TB, Intercooler, thermostat housing, lower intake to IC piping... Anything else? Also, I cant find the gaskets that go in the IC Piping, do you guys use silicone? Is there a kit that includes all of this? Autozone was absolutely no help(what a shocker).

Thx.
Trevor

Trevor,

The only gasket you need is the one for the thermostat housing, all the rest can be sealed with Permatex Copper RTV (orange). Ooops...you will also need an intake manifold gasket set.

David

Last edited:
Back