HELP: SC belt removal

Treys92

Need some input here guys. I was going to install my MP plenum and BBK TB this morning, but i went to do the first step (remove SC belt), and i couldn't get it off. I can't move the tensioner pulley enough to get the belt off. I beleive the previous owner replaced the pulley with a steel one (which i've heard is slightly bigger), that coupled with an early style pulley, and the AC pump being too close makes it near impossible to get the belt off. What should i do now? Can i remove the idler bracket from the AC pump...seems there is four bolts holding it on...any ideas and answers are welcome. Thanks.

-Trey

The way I have done it in the past is make sure the tensioner is fully retracted, then have some one try to rotate the SC pulley to get the belt to roll off the pulley.

Hope that helps

The tensioner is fully retracted, but it hits against the AC housing...the belt is so tight that i can't get an edge off the pulley, so i don't think rotating the pulley would get the belt to "jump" off, but i'll give it a shot...

Keep the suggestions coming guys...

well since you will be removing the SC fully to install the MP inlet loosening the SC might give you enough slack to remove the belt. There is only 3 bols that hold it down.

good point, thanks for that, i'll give her a shot tommorrow, i switched over to putting in my new stereo for today...thanks again.

-Trey

Back