is my tv cable off

trife86

well guys i have a recently rebuild aod installed, i put in a art carr valve body this week, shifts are very nice but when im holding 2nd it will hold it but when i let off its like i let off the gas and get on the clutch as in a manual, and when i get back on the gas its very smooth catching gear again not like it slipping and grabbing hard when i let off say doin 50mph in 2nd, my engine will go down to idle, than i can give light gas and move slowly or give more gas and go faster.

its not doing this very hard its basicly if you had a clutch when i use 2nd gear, would a tv cable off do this?
other wise than that its working fine

Take it to a trans shop and have them adjust it with a pressure gauge. It's going to kill your transmission driving around with that not adjusted properly.

So you can get it close with the TCCoA article but get it finally adjusted with pressure.

Mike8675309 said:
Take it to a trans shop and have them adjust it with a pressure gauge. It's going to kill your transmission driving around with that not adjusted properly.

So you can get it close with the TCCoA article but get it finally adjusted with pressure.

so it sounds like the tv cable is out of adjustment to you?

Mike8675309 said:

Just as a warning, I adjusted it the TCCoA way, and something still wasn't quite right. I cobbled together a pressure gauge, and found out that when set "correct" accordingly to the TCCoA way, I had ZERO psi. Using the gauge, I found that I had to pull the tv cable another half inch to get the proper pressure.

Well, what it sounds like to me there are just too many variables currently. Nail down the TV pressure and the cable and then work the problem from that angle. I checked out the forum Mr. Griggs posted about and it would be a good place to go to witih any further problems you're noticing after you've become certain of the TV pressure.

You may also want to check that forum now since there was a thread on AOD TV cable adjustment.

Back