K&N Panel & Removed Air Silencer vs Cone Type??

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
I removed my air silencer that helped ALOT! I am wondering if i use a K&N panel filter with the silencer removed if performance wise will compare to using a cone type filter? Or would i gain alot more by using a cone type filter i thought if i run the panel K&N that i would run some metal dryer duct from the front ground effects to the filter box i an attempt to get the coldest air possible into the engine.. Also i like how i can hear the blower now with the air silencer removed will i be able to hear it any better with the K&N panel filter?

The cone filter would be better because it has more space to get air from, but you don't want it drawing air from under the hood.. You want to get air from outside of the engine compartment.. Also putting a cone filter on it will make the blower whine alot more than the panel filter will.

NICK

I did the dryer vent route for a while but it didn't compare to when I moved the cone into the fenderwell. It get's much cooler air that way because there is no hot engine air to mix with the cold air.

Back