helmet???????????

T@Sound-Xtreme

Well im going to be going to the track thursday(FIRST TIME EVER) and i called ahead to see what id need, the said a helmet. So i was at walmart, and there cheapest was aroudn $75, not cool, i was hoping to spend less than $40. Where did all you guys get yours? And how much?

Tyler

Do you have your car back together now? How did the end link job go? As for helmets, I found mine in a parking lot we were cleaning. I hope whoever left it there didn't crash their bike.

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
Well im going to be going to the track thursday(FIRST TIME EVER) and i called ahead to see what id need, the said a helmet. So i was at walmart, and there cheapest was aroudn $75, not cool, i was hoping to spend less than $40. Where did all you guys get yours? And how much?

Tyler

I have to get a new one to!

My Bell Bandit helmet is out dated going to get the new Bell full face helmet at $495.00. It dont matter if you run 13's it the best thing to have never know what might happen at high speed. my Pro Mod helmet with air supply Nomex Sock resperator cost well over $800.00

out here you need a helmet for any race, they have em for rent at the track $3 to rent and they hold your driver license so you dont run off with it

T@Sound-Xtreme said:

Tyler

Let me explain something, you buy a $40 helmet, your going to get a POS that is not worth the plastic it cost to make it if you crash. What is your life worth? I have been drag racing and riding motorcycles along time and all it is going to take is one wreck and your helmet breaks and splits open your head or worse............trust me.

If you cannot afford a good helmet, borrow a friends good helmet until you and afford one. Good names are : Shoei, Arai, Bell, AGV. If it was me, go for the Shoei. They fit the best and look awsome too:)

Trust me, your life is worth more than $40.

Just my $.02 worth.

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
I have to get a new one to!

My Bell Bandit helmet is out dated going to get the new Bell full face helmet at $495.00. It dont matter if you run 13's it the best thing to have never know what might happen at high speed.

AMEN brother!

Check with a motorcycle shop. They often have budget minded but quality helmets available. Problem is budget minded is a best bet of $150. I picked up a HPC Snell M2000 rated helmet for $139 on clearance at a local motor cycle shop.

There are some speeds that you get to where you have to have the "SA" which is automobile rated from snell, but those are much more expensive.

I've you've got a roll cage, the SA2000 or better makes sense, especially when you consider the small part of the total bill that the helmet will be.

Harley-Davidson, DOT approved $165 for a half helmet. I'm not too sure about SNELL approved, I've only shopped for motorcycle helmets and the ones I've seen are overpriced IMO. I also have to admit I'm one of the idiots that wears the $20 'helmet' thats no thicker than a Cool-Whip bowl. Its all what you want and willing to pay for. I know guys that won't ride without their $500 helmets, but get on the bike with just a pair of shorts on, and their girl wearing even less, without a concern in the world about sliding down a stretch of road and bleeding to death. Sorry for getting off subject, just my .02 too.

Back