bad shift kit?

trife86

hey guys i was wondering if i had a bad shift kit installed.

about 10k ago i rebuilt my aod and a local shop said they also put in a shift kit. 1-2shift was nice and firm the rest was maybe a lil better than stock.
at WOT in drive it would shift very inconsistantly between 3000 - 3500rpm and a little while afterwards OD would slip in boost. ive had the tv cable adjusted multiple times so i know that wasnt it

a few days ago i put in a art carr VB. now at WOT it shifts at about 4200rpm
very very firm shifts, and guess what no more OD slip no matter how much gas i give it in 4th gear. and it will downshift me into a more appropriate gear if i kick it say the old setup would give me 3rd gear at like 2800rpm and let me climb from there this will give me 2nd at like 3800rpm.

my only problem right now is holding 2nd gear over 2000rpm when i let off the gas i guess you would say it slips out and engine goes down to 1100rpm and i just coast till im back on gas and it smoothly goes back to where it should be.

im guessing thats just the tv cable off some which i will work on adjusting i guess make it a little tighter, but if i make it a little tighter will the other gears shift at differant points again?

Back