Leaking coolant from where?

tbirdaj

So I just noticed a small puddle of coolant leaking from the car but I cant seem to pinpoint it. I heard a hissing noise from towards the passenger side firewall but with the motor shoehorned in there the way ford did it I just cant seem to see the leak any help would be great. No coolant in the oil or vice versa so it shouldn't be the HG's. :confused:

rlong said:
it could be one of the small hoses that heats the throttle body

I would have to agree with rlong. One of the hoses broke on mine and I thought the HG blew. After 45 mins taking everthing off did I notice the hose was broken. 249K miles the hose was heat soaked/dry-rotted.

A worm clamp should help you.

Stephen

Maybe this is a stupid question but why would you want to heat the TB wouldn't you want to cool it?

yea your right i wanted mine cooler its so it doesnt freeze thottle open in the winter which doesnt seem to be a prob i think mine only froze open about once in 5 years i unplugged mine from the throttle body and put in a piece of tubing

tbirdaj said:
Maybe this is a stupid question but why would you want to heat the TB wouldn't you want to cool it?

I wanna say they also used it for the fact of low temps, high-speed, aluminum throttle-body...it does have a tendency to freeze. I reconnected mine for right now...don't want the computer freaking out.

Stephen

Back