Broken Dash (HELP!)

SuperCU89

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I'm having some problems replacing a dash part that broke.

I have an 89 SC. The part I'm looking for is the plate that holds in the display for the oil/change and fluid levels. It's the plate and two metal arms that hold that display in place of the dash. Anyone have any ideas where I can get one, or what it's called?

Thanks!

That is the VMM (vehicle maintenance monitor) display. You'll have to find a used one at a salvge yard or in the classifieds. Most people will probably want to sell you the whole monitor. Look in parts for sale or post a part wanted ad.

If you could come up with a good fix to be able to reuse your part, I'm sure a lot of people could use that info!

Those VMM face paltes can be hard to get sometimes it may take a while....Right Ed... :D .....in the mean time for appearance purposes you can put a delete or blank plate in there just to help with looks till you get a new one.....

Rick

They are about as rare as hens teeth......

You can usually find them here for around $60 to $80 dollars and up.....

You might have good luck in a junk yard.....

The VMM's were also included with the LX's, as well......

The tabs can be repaired. I repaired mine by drilling a hole through the metal and the case and securing with a small flathead sheet metal screw. I also wrapped the case with metal foil tape. :cool:

gldiii said:
If you could come up with a good fix to be able to reuse your part, I'm sure a lot of people could use that info!
:) Let me direct your attention to my prior reply. :)

Back