exhaust

kevenj90sc

well the right side Catalytic converter on my 90 SC is going....not plugged yet but all rattling inside...so i have an excuse to do the exhaust system now!.....so far the car is ALL STOCK, i want to put hi flow cats, better mufflers, resonators, etc......and i have a buddy that has a shop and can build me a system......so what should i get for mufflers and cats and stuff?........i can get Dynomax at cost cuz i work at an auto parts store, but i want it to sound good, no wierd vibrations and stuff like that......i've heard systems that sound good but at certain speeds you cant even ride in the car.......that's what i want to avoid. Any insight would be appreciated!...THANKS!

The dynomax mufflers are pretty good. They aren't real loud but have a bit of a rumble. They actually flow better than flowmasters in some of the test I've seen. I would use the HighFlow cats, eliminate the resonator and use the Dynomax mufflers. Make sure that you use the SuperTurbo's that have the flow directors in them and I think that you'll be happy.

That's kinda what I have. I have the Dynomax Super Convertor high flow cats(2.5"), and Dynomax Super Turbos(2.5") for mufflers. I also put 12" glasspacks in where the resonator used to be to get rid of a really bad drone. Before I had these mufflers, I had 2.25" Super Turbos. I have to say that these new one I got sound 10x better then the previous ones. The other ones farted when I started it up. These sound real nice and aren't too loud.

Thomas

just mentioning...

Unless you plan on installing headers, these might help to get the exhaust from the heads into the downtubes. They are ported the maximum amount that is possible with 3.8 manifolds. Good luck with your project.

'bird

man_pair16.jpg

I wouldnt eliminate the resonator but replace it instead
Ford put it there for a reason -1 cop told me the car sounded
like a plane taking off without it-and thats the best description
ive heard
flowmaster makes one that flows a little better than stock
or you can put a magnaflow in they flow awesome (call SCP)
I dont know what else is available
g/l
ps if you get high flo cats id recommend the oval ones over
the round-they fit in a little better

Back