Stalling Problems (5-speed)

TealThunder

Today I was backing out of the garage, and had to do a 3 point turn (because my LX was still in the driveway) Anyways, after backing out, I put it into 1st, and wasnt paying attention and let the clutch out too soon/wasnt giving it enough gas...

The car died, it made the anoyying buzzing sound, and all the idiot lights lit up.

Anyways, I put the car in neutral, and tried to restart it... to no avail. The car would try to start up, but would never catch and completely start. After pumping the gas for awhile, it finally turned all the way over, and I was gone..

This isnt the first time this has happened either. Its only when I accidently stall out (Yes, I'm still a manual n00b) But, if its the first time I start it for the day (or when ever I DIDNT stall previously) it will fire right up..

:confused:

Mine will act like that, too, except it'll labor and turn over real hard, just barely turning. It's due to pressure built in the intake system. I hold the gas pedal to the floor for a few seconds to bleed off any pressure and it restarts without laboring. It does it every time it false starts and doesn't catch. You may be getting a weak battery if it won't turn the engine over at all when it happens.

TealThunder said:
This isnt the first time this has happened either. Its only when I accidently stall out (Yes, I'm still a manual n00b) But, if its the first time I start it for the day (or when ever I DIDNT stall previously) it will fire right up..

:confused:

Mine does this too...

I have noticed mine does it when the car is Hot.. Never when cold.. or just cold started...

I also notice that if I turn the car off.. run in for a Mountain Dew, an back to the car with in 5-10 minutes.. it hard starts as well.. ( ie... it's hot).

I was reading some on the Intercooler tonite.. and wondered if the build up of heat in the air charge mayb have something to do with this?...

Back